JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

There is a new option in NWS>NWP App>App Features that will show the Emergency Contact information on the NWP app again.

Right - they are giving a little more control over the availability of confidential information

SettingsContacts.JPG

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, foghorn said:

Right - they are giving a little more control over the availability of confidential information

SettingsContacts.JPG

Below that you can see the option for Show My Emergency Contacts, that makes the information available in the app

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

How to update? I've tried going to 3 different Apps but can't find an option called Update on any. Using my mobile.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

38 minutes ago, dove said:

How to update?

Assume you mean 'How to update NW Publisher?' - You go to your app store. For Android, go to PlayStore, search for 'nw publisher'. if there is an update, a button with "UPDATE" will appear. If there is no update the button will say "OPEN".

45 minutes ago, dove said:

How to update? I've tried going to 3 different Apps but can't find an option called Update on any. Using my mobile.

Sandra, you probably have it set up to automatically update, so it is already updated to the last version.

Anyway, what the brothers are discussing here is the update to the management program. Updating your app, although convenient, is not critical. :)

I never gave it a thought except that the other day an elder from my study group emailed me that he noticed I was still using the older version of NWP and that I should go to one of three apps to update it. I tried all 3 but I couldn't find that option. I think the version I am using works fine for all I need it for but maybe there's something he thinks I should have on the newer version. I guess I should just ask him but I didn't know if I should bother him on a holiday weekend here in case he's spending time with his family. I know he would feel obligated to work with me on it but here on the forum it is more or less whenever a person has the time or wants to answer. But I do really appreciate any help I get here very much. He said to use my mobile which is iPhone.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 minutes ago, dove said:

I never gave it a thought except that the other day an elder from my study group emailed me that he noticed I was still using the older version of NWP and that I should go to one of three apps to update it. I tried all 3 but I couldn't find that option. I think the version I am using works fine for all I need it for but maybe there's something he thinks I should have on the newer version. I guess I should just ask him but I didn't know if I should bother him on a holiday weekend here in case he's spending time with his family. I know he would feel obligated to work with me on it but here on the forum it is more or less whenever a person has the time or wants to answer. But I do really appreciate any help I get here very much. He said to use my mobile which is iPhone.

On the admin side we can see when the NW app is not up to date. While it may be working for you currently, when we see issues with info, duties, assignments many times it appears to be connected with an out of date app. So, I do encourage the publishers to set to auto-update the app. I will send a reminder to those that have not updated recently to help avoid other issues.

image.png.ef46cb3924de0f874c416c4af2505563.png

Posted (edited)

You can check your version in the app:

Screenshot_20240527_221800.thumb.jpg.1a7b5956b0c4a637a128941c42d34494.jpg

Got to the three dots.

Screenshot_20240527_221818.thumb.jpg.d90eef0f881bfb15ff822339dbb03791.jpg

Chose About.

Screenshot_20240527_221918.thumb.jpg.48c5672ca37521f094376f956a1d304c.jpg 

Below in the left corner you can see what version you have. It should be 3.5.0. Older versions don't communicate well with the main program.

Edited by molnarj

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It appears that the update has removed the Emergency Contact information from everyone's NWP app and they are not able to update their emergency contact information from the app. There is a new option in NWS>NWP App>App Features that will show the Emergency Contact information on the NWP app again.

I keep emergency contacts on my app Adobe, have generated the list on NWP, same for contacts, and all pins. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

So I checked and saw that I did have the older version as the brother said. Then I went to the Apple Store and typed in NWP and the Update was the first site to appear. I clicked on that and it immediately updated to 3.5.0. I guess that was the one I should have tried first but the brother didn't know which mobile I had, android or apple so he gave me instructions for all. I just didn't understand which one either, but all is good now.

Thank you everyone for your help. 🙂

15 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

I was wondering when you apply to Auxiliary pioneer do the service committee let you know in advance that your approved  personally before the Congregation? 

I do not believe I have seen any 'specific' direction in writing on that question. Obviously, if someone is not approved for a reason the loving thing would be to let them know and provide suggestions on how to qualify in the future. That being said it may really depend on how each CSC works together. We do not notify ahead of time, however the majority of APs in our congregation are repeat APs especially during CO visits or special campaigns.

I'm trying to edit the Dutch translation of the Quick Steps

There are 2 I can't figure out what the difference is as one gives me no results.

The first one is Send Group Field Service Summary to Group Overseers. This gives me the Fieldservice data of my group.

The second one is Send Field Service Collection to Group Overseers. This gives me an empty Report. So what is this Report for? What is it supposed to show?

32 minutes ago, molnarj said:

Send Field Service Collection to Group Overseers. This gives me an empty Report.

Could it be used when collecting FS reports outside the app - say via phone call? Collect results on the blank form, then enter into system?

Our secretary is learning to generate individual publisher cards (S-21) from NW Scheduler. The process is simple, except that the created folder names are something like "S-21 Congregation name (xx publishers) (2024 may)" and then every file is named: "2024 PUBLISHER CARD - Publisher Name.pdf"

Folders are not an issue. They can be easily renamed to group 1, group 2 and so. But filenames are so long that the secretary cannot see the publisher name. It would be much easier if they were named simply with the publisher name.

Is there a way to instruct NW Scheduler to generate the report files directly as "publisher name.pdf", whether inside the options or by editing some template? Thanks!

30 minutes ago, carlos said:

Is there a way to instruct NW Scheduler to generate the report files directly as "publisher name.pdf", whether inside the options or by editing some template? Thanks!

Well, I found kind of a workaround by editing the UI translation file.

Went to C:\Program Files\New World Scheduler\ProgramData\ and selected the proper language, in our case M.

Inside there I edited the ProgramUI.xml file.

I changed

<S21CongregationsPublisherRecord>EVIDENȚA ACTIVITĂȚII VESTITORULUI</S21CongregationsPublisherRecord>

to

<S21CongregationsPublisherRecord>S-21</S21CongregationsPublisherRecord>

Now the reports it produces have the name: 2024 S-21 Publisher Name, which is short enough.

The problem with this approach is that the change will be overwritten the next time there is an update. If there is some other way I would appreciate to hear about it.

4 hours ago, carlos said:

every file is named: "2024 PUBLISHER CARD - Publisher Name.pdf

Looks like NW Scheduler won't do what you want. A workaround: several third-party file managers perform bulk rename operations on a group of files. You could put all the S-21 files in the same folder, then set up the bulk rename function to remove the text 'PUBLISHER CARD - ' from each file name.

Posted (edited)

Good morning dear, I'm writing from Italy, I've been using NWS for about 4 months, as a speech manager, before we used hourglass, but here I didn't find the function that imports the day and time of the various KH of your constituency, so the brothers scheduled for an external speech, know exactly the day and time.
Thanks, I hope Google translated it well

screenshot_47.jpg

Edited by Pastore72

On 5/31/2024 at 4:05 AM, foghorn said:

Looks like NW Scheduler won't do what you want. A workaround: several third-party file managers perform bulk rename operations on a group of files. You could put all the S-21 files in the same folder, then set up the bulk rename function to remove the text 'PUBLISHER CARD - ' from each file name.

Thanks, John. I am familiar with bulk renaming, but our secretary comes from the Mac world and is not familiar at all with Windows. I will look for some way to make it very easy for him (I'm thinking of adding some code to the Windows registry so that when he right-clicks on a folder an option appears in the context menu to rename the files). But in the meantime, the workaround I found works quite well. Thanks!

Hello brothers,

is there any way to import bulk emergency contacts? I know there is an import possibility, but the csv file needs an PublicherID which I cannot find anywhere. When I export the persons, there is only a FamilyID, but no PublicherID. Does the import work even without a PublicherID?PublicherID.thumb.JPG.ddb9f96fdc5b783412fd5c78ecebaf56.JPGFamilyID.thumb.JPG.f8ad2cfd4c9286c178c939d92d208a6d.JPG

No more territory assignment notifications being sent out to the publishers on NWP? I've assigned territories or have made some changes to existing assigned territories on NWS, "Send Data" is selected but their are no "Notifications to Send".

10 hours ago, Tonis said:

Hello brothers,

is there any way to import bulk emergency contacts? I know there is an import possibility, but the csv file needs an PublicherID which I cannot find anywhere. When I export the persons, there is only a FamilyID, but no PublicherID. Does the import work even without a PublicherID?PublicherID.thumb.JPG.ddb9f96fdc5b783412fd5c78ecebaf56.JPGFamilyID.thumb.JPG.f8ad2cfd4c9286c178c939d92d208a6d.JPG

The ID is found in the bottom left corner at each person.
But, I think you can import it without it.
I have not tried to be honest but as long as the name is identical it should work. I will try it and report how it works.