JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A work in progress

Unlike the world thankfully Jehovah does not judge us purely on our outcome but rather on effort. 

He knows and appreciates all our efforts to stay on the narrow road and we are assured of his help even if we lose focus. 

We all have that friend. It's about making sure which side of the mirror we will stay on. 

15 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

The other day I was hanging out with a friend.

This friend is a Christian, but he doesn’t always act, speak or think like one. Some days, he is completely in-line with God’s Word, and then other days, this struggle we call 'life' gets the best of him.

When I looked him in the eye I really wanted to talk some sense into him, but what he really needed was some holy spirit and for Jehovah's words to reach his heart. So I prayed with him first, and then we talked.

After speaking and spending some quality time together.... I walked away from the mirror.

I try, but sometimes I fail. I'm not perfect. I am a work in progress. However, I'm thankful for God’s loyal love, his undeserved kindness, his forgiveness, and the hope and promises he extends to his people.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 9:01 AM, Brother_Bliss said:

This friend is a Christian, but he doesn’t always act, speak or think like one. Some days, he is completely in-line with God’s Word, and then other days, this struggle we call 'life' gets the best of him.

This is Awesome. Right there with you brother. These words actually cut me to my core. 

I am the same. 

2 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

I remember a talk from a GB member at one of our Conventions. He spoke of people who were struggling with long-term problems, or engrained habits. he said "If you're still struggling, you aren't lost."

What if, when there's a struggles, I'm losing???

Coz I feel that way everytime....

1 minute ago, jrnievas said:

What if, when there's a struggles, I'm losing???

Coz I feel that way everytime....

Isn't that the point? We lose the fight against imperfection every day, because we're imperfect.

The whole Bible is an explanation of how much God did to Ransom us back anyway.

The world is full of people who brag about the things we feel ashamed of.

"If you're still struggling, you aren't lost."

On 8/12/2023 at 7:01 AM, Brother_Bliss said:

and then other days, this struggle we call 'life' gets the best of him.

If I recall correctly, isn't this Brother you speak of going through a certain trial, something about a broken ankle and surgery?

I think that this Brother can be accorded a little extra slack, he's hurting and dealing with as best he can....:encourage::squeeze: