JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zoom settings issues

12 hours ago, Chaoticburn said:

We are having issues with our congregation zoom not saving settings, the preferred ones reset every week. I can't find anything on Google other than "make sure it's updated." System and zoom are both up to date. Any ideas or suggestions?

First question: do you have a congregation paid account (just one account)?  It makes a difference if several Zoom accounts are used.

I know that some in our congregation use the Zoom web site instead of installing Zoom on their device. I haven't had any experience with the web site version of Zoom but I was wondering if you use the web site instead of the app and you don't allow cookies, would that affect the settings?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There are only so many settings that can be set in the user client ... the rest must be set in the web portal. You go to Zoom on the Internet and login to your congregation account. Once signed in, go to "settings" in the left panel of the web portal. This will take you to a long list of things you can set (turn on/off) and they will not change each time someone launches a meeting with the user client (Zoom app)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 minutes ago, Qapla said:

There are only so many settings that can be set in the user client ... the rest must be set in the web portal. You go to Zoom on the Internet and login to your congregation account. Once signed in, go to "settings" in the left panel of the web portal. This will take you to a long list of things you can set (turn on/off) and they will not change each time someone launches a meeting with the user client (Zoom app)

That makes sense. I know there are a lot of settings that I can toggle on the app but they don't stay that way.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

That makes sense. I know there are a lot of settings that I can toggle on the app but they don't stay that way.

Yes, Zoom has some settings and functions that can only be accessed/set in the web portal. For instance:

In the latest versions of Zoom, you have to use the web portal to create/schedule "recurring meetings" like the one I use in my Zoom Chat listed in the calendar. These types of recurring meetings used to be created in the client ... however, a few updates back, Zoom changed that, and now they have to be established in the web portal.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

My son-in-law's congregation used to have the elder in charge of a meeting (service, congregation, whatever) use their own personal account to conduct the meeting.  So everyone in the congregation had to use a different login for every meeting.  When they did that, the parameters, functions, and so on, changed every time.  The "raise the hand" feature would be on the task bar sometimes.  The next meeting it was replaced by the "reactions" icon and people would have to go and find the "raise the hand" button.  The have a congregation account now.

That is why I asked if it was multiple accounts or just on congregation account we are discussing.

20 hours ago, jwhess said:

First question: do you have a congregation paid account (just one account)?  It makes a difference if several Zoom accounts are used.

We do just have one account. We use the app, but go online to change the settings, but they always change. I'm still looking in a few tech forums to see what others think about it.