JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

6 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

Denice, this is not directed at you, but just a general thought. Some brothers have a negative view of sisters who have short hair like a man.....they feel it’s masculine, and looks like the typical gay style for women. Not all view it this way but many I know do.

So all I can say is:

1. They haven’t met many gay women; and

2. It sounds as if the Puritans still reign supreme in New England! 

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

7 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

I think in 6 months we’ll  be used to it, and forget there was ever a ban on beards. 

Many of those growing beards now may just get it out of their system.... and then grow tired of it

and shave it off.:beard3::lol:  

This is true 👏🏽

One thing our dear brothers will have to keep in mind is; Unless you exfoliate, moisturize and condition the beard 🧔‍♂️ just like your hair, it will cause other problems such as itchy irritation, perhaps a slight rash due to dryness, and ingrown hairs. The beard is part of your face now and has to be maintained. Essential oils will soften it! If you’re married your wives will let you know if your beards are rough 😁😭

34 minutes ago, SKnight said:

If you’re married your wives will let you know if your beards are rough

When I first started my beard, i intentionally would scratch my wife on her face with my stubble. She would run away in terror. 

( A few weeks have passed) 

I went to scratch her with my cheeks this morning and she didn't run away. 

A- she got used to it. 

B- my beard got softer. 

C- holy spirit

Im not exactly sure which occured. 😂

9 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

I won’t believe that until I touch it with my hand. :lol1: 

Certainly not wrong at all....but I think in their positions they don’t like to do anything that draws attention to them personally.

Maybe down the road when everyone is settled down and used to it. :coffee:

Now that we’ve got proof through the second pic it’s a moot point - but this isn’t the first time Bro. Jackson has done something like this.

The year the ban on using tablets on the platform was lifted by the letter / announcement he made a point of “switching to his tablet” on the very next streamed event. I can’t remember which one it was but I distinctly remember a discussion around it.

He probably likes doing this to gently prod the more restrictive ones waiting for the “GB to do it first.”

He may also just like the look of a goatee! 🤣

5 hours ago, zauser said:

Now that we’ve got proof

Proof? What’s the proof? Did I miss it? :coffee:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

9 hours ago, Julsey said:

So all I can say is:

1. They haven’t met many gay women; and

2. It sounds as if the Puritans still reign supreme in New England! 

No one says they are gay.... the just look gay. :lol: 

My point was that it is a personal choice. Some used to say a beard looks rebellious.... :beard3::coffee: It’s a personal choice. Also the comments I’ve heard were from the mid-west and the west coast where I live half of my life. I actually found New England to be more liberal in thinking. The Ultra conservative Puritans are history.

New England is now know as a very liberal part of the country. They love gay people here.:lol:

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

7 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

This is proof.. a second photo from the same event.

Could be 2 photo shopped pics instead of 1. :coffee:

In my 60 plus years around the organization....this would have been unimaginable. So I’ll believe it when I see it live on the broadcast.

Seriously though, as surprised as I may be, if it is true.....I hope it is true.  I just started a little hair growth myself....well see if I like it or not. :whistling:

5 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

Could be 2 photo shopped pics instead of 1. :coffee:

In my 60 plus years around the organization....this would have been unimaginable. So I’ll believe it when I see it live on the broadcast.

Seriously though, as surprised as I may be, if it is true.....I hope it is true.  I just started a little hair growth myself....well see if I like it or not. :whistling:

Ok, brother Thomas Burt! :laugh:

59 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

Some used to say a beard looks rebellious

I've got the mustache/goatee, circle beard going on, and I will say may resting face looks evil, lol. It forces me to smile more :D

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

3 minutes ago, Tsheppar said:

Screenshot_20240109-080707_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, Araujo JW said:

spacer.png

Any similarity is purely coincidental (the reader must use discernment)

The actor Pat Morita as 'Mr Miyagi' in The Karate Kid?

How about Caleb and Sophia?..... a grey-coloured goatee beard?.... 🤷‍♂️

image.png.bbc086a03b3345e65d6d6d9bd1b9f78f.png

😮

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/obey-jehovah/

Edited by Parale

9 hours ago, Tsheppar said:

When I first started my beard, i intentionally would scratch my wife on her face with my stubble. She would run away in terror. 

( A few weeks have passed) 

I went to scratch her with my cheeks this morning and she didn't run away. 

A- she got used to it. 

B- my beard got softer. 

C- holy spirit

Im not exactly sure which occured. 😂

D- She plans to shave you while you are sleeping...

Has she been reading about Jael?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If beards and long hair were once considered rebellious, how do we explain Neo-Nazi skinheads? Some have stated that women with short hair could be mistaken for gay. That could certainly be true, especially in my area of Oregon.

No matter our hair length,color or style there will be those who find fault with it. I am not saying from Jehovah's Organization but just in general. Same applies to facial grooming, some in the congregation are not happy with beards. Some professional sports teams do not allow facial hair on their players. 

Then there is the choice of clothes, that in itself is another thread for discussion. But in the end, serving Jehovah can be simply stated by this scripture at 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Therefore, whether you are eating or drinking or doing anything else, do all things for God’s glory."

People can find fault in everything we do, the car we drive, where we go on vacation, hair, beards, shaving your head, even to the point of our shoe color. Paul's admonition to the Corinthians was to bring glory to God, he didn't lay down a long list of how to do that. Our choices are like a mirror. Do they reflect God and his thinking or do they reflect the worlds thinking. That being said, it still comes down to personal choice. 

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

In the video update they made sure to cut off at the pass potential rules on types of beards, as they showed brief images of brothers with a full beard, a goatee, and stubble. —  Still the inclination to micromanage is there, as one sister told me goatees would be unacceptable, and asserted they were invented by homosexuals to make their mouth… well I won’t even repeat it but it’s obviously not true in any society at any time. Hopefully she doesn’t have an issue with Jackson now. This is a real test of spiritual maturity for some!

55 minutes ago, JonE said:

In the video update they made sure to cut off at the pass potential rules on types of beards, as they showed brief images of brothers with a full beard, a goatee, and stubble. —  Still the inclination to micromanage is there, as one sister told me goatees would be unacceptable, and asserted they were invented by homosexuals to make their mouth… well I won’t even repeat it but it’s obviously not true in any society at any time. Hopefully she doesn’t have an issue with Jackson now. This is a real test of spiritual maturity for some!

She needs to watch the update again.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

We have seen this attitude in the world plainly shown. Even when shown the facts they will dispute them with "alternative facts". 

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

3 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

I've got the mustache/goatee, circle beard going on, and I will say may resting face looks evil, lol. It forces me to smile more :D

I think because a clean shaven face make you look more child-like and innocent. :lol: Bob, When you look at yourself in the mirror....picture Jesus or your favorite apostle  :beard3:, instead the devil. :devil:  

54 minutes ago, Tortuga said:
1 hour ago, JonE said:

one sister told me goatees would be unacceptable, and asserted they were invented by homosexuals to make their mouth… well I won’t even repeat it but it’s obviously not true in any society at any time. Hopefully she doesn’t have an issue with Jackson now. This is a real test of spiritual maturity for some!

You can understand the inclination dying hard though, in fact up until less than a year ago it’s something you can easily imagine Anthony Moriss saying.

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

Been so used to being clean shaven for so long, hard to get used to wearing a beard, I prefer clean shaving i think.

If that's you in the profile pic, I vote for your to keep the beard.  It looks VERY nice. :)  Just one random sister's opinion.

22 hours ago, Mykyl said:

There is a strangeness below the bottom lip which makes me doubt its reality for now. 

Confirmed this is legit, this is from a sister who was there and took the photo. Unfortunately it's passed around so many times, but it isn't fake I can confirm this for sure.