JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Super Bowl LVIII ๐Ÿˆ

๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธHOW IS EVERYONE FEELING TODAY!!! Weโ€™re just a couple of weeks away before the most watched television event happens.., Superbowl 2024. ๐Ÿ“ฃWhoโ€™s taking home that Lombardi Trophy ๐Ÿ† And what beer will you be drinking ๐Ÿป ๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m only here for the new & interesting commercials and halftime ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿฝ

I actually liked Spaceball. It was a hilarious spoof byย Mel Brooks. Will the Superbowl be of the same goofiness and antics as the movie? ๐ŸฟOnly the beer will tell ๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿปย 

Edited by SKnight

1 hour ago, SKnight said:

๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธHOW IS EVERYONE FEELING TODAY!!! Weโ€™re just a couple of weeks away before the most watched television event happens.., Superbowl 2024. ๐Ÿ“ฃWhoโ€™s taking home that Lombardi Trophy ๐Ÿ† And what beer will you be drinking ๐Ÿป ๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m only here for the new & interesting commercials and halftime ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿฝ

I like the commercials also.....and you never know about half time show, sometimes good sometimes not so much.ย 

2 hours ago, SKnight said:

before the most watched television event happens..

dunno about "most watched event", perhaps in the US, but elsewhere in the world, I doubt anyone gives a rats aboutย it :)ย 

But I'm a party pooper, I don't much enjoy watching contact sports, not even our own NRL/AFL/Rugby football, so I'm considered a heretic here in OZย ๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by SteveAus

19 minutes ago, SteveAus said:
2 hours ago, SKnight said:

before the most watched television event happens..

dunno about "most watched event", perhaps in the US, but elsewhere in the world, I doubt anyone gives a rats aboutย it :)ย 

ย 

Eurovision?

ย 

New York Times: A Guide to Eurovision 2023

More than 160 million viewers from across the world watched last yearโ€™s [Eurovision] contest โ€” for comparison, the Super Bowl this year drew 113 million viewers

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/12/arts/music/eurovision-2023-how-to-watch.html?unlocked_article_code=1.M00.z5NA.4O0RmDLjkpdU&smid=url-share

ย 

27 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

I don't much enjoy watching contact sports, not even our own NRL/AFL/Rugby football, so I'm considered a heretic here in OZย ๐Ÿคฃ

Awww., Hopefully once we get into the new system we would have found something youโ€™ll like to play. Or you can just keep score๐Ÿ˜‚

3 minutes ago, SKnight said:

Awww., Hopefully once we get into the new system we would have found something youโ€™ll like to play. Or you can just keep score๐Ÿ˜‚

lol.. as long as it involves the ocean, I'm all for it :)

Edited by SteveAus

6 minutes ago, Parale said:

ย 

Eurovision?

ย 

New York Times: A Guide to Eurovision 2023

More than 160 million viewers from across the world watched last yearโ€™s [Eurovision] contest โ€” for comparison, the Super Bowl this year drew 113 million viewers

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/12/arts/music/eurovision-2023-how-to-watch.html?unlocked_article_code=1.M00.z5NA.4O0RmDLjkpdU&smid=url-share

ย 

It's all relative.

1 minute ago, truce said:

It's all relative.

ย 

Well, I guess, since everyone descended from Adam through Noah, Yes, all those watching either event are all relatives ...

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

13 hours ago, truce said:

It's all relative.

ย 

Sure yes OK, relative to other sporting events.....

• Football World Cup Final - 1.5 billion TV viewership
  • Football UEFA Champions League Final - 400 million TV viewership

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/news/how-fifa-world-cup-final-beat-super-bowl-lvi-in-tv-ratings

ย 

๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• 3 weeks later...

So it's between the American Football Conference (AFC) champion and defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs and the National Football Conference (NFC) champion San Francisco 49ers

ย 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_LVIII

ย 

Thus a rematch of the Super Bowl LIV from four years ago....

ย 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_LIV

ย 

43 minutes ago, Parale said:

Thus a rematch of the Super Bowl LIV from four years ago....

Iโ€™m ๐Ÿ’ฏ percent certain that this will be an interesting game to watch for the Chiefs fans due to Taylor Swift LOL. Of course I will be tuning in for the new commercials airing, and halftime ๐ŸŽค๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿˆ

Here in Australia, I've seen limited news coverage, since Gridiron is a purely American game.

ย 

But we're running clips from your networks all the time. Endless debate about airspace, and whether or not Taylor Swift can make it from her Tokyo Concert to her boyfriend's luxury skybox in time... Also, the millions of dollars it takes to get a thirty second commercial during Superbowl airtime, and whether the ads this year will rely on comedy, or sex appeal; and which movies/shows/games will be unveiled. There's a heated debate about match-fixing, and whether or not it's all a prelude for a paid political endorsement, as well as an angry panel discussion about how much beer and snacks will cost, and/or people will be allowed to bring their own. There are a few sidebars about the risks of scalping tickets, and the dangers of covid and possible terror attacks in such a huge crowd...

ย 

I understand there's a sporting event going on too.