JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Super Bowl LVIII 🏈

I did not encourage my sons to participate in sports when they were in school, and was surprised some years ago when our PO (yes, that long ago) had a Superbowl party at his home. My husb did not attend; not sure if my sons did. A few years ago, here in NY, I was invited to a brother and sister's home for a superbowl party. The brother slept through the entire thing (photographed) and the half time act was BlackEyedPeas. I think their children were still in HS, but are out now and baptized (no one in my family is.) We chatted during the 'game." All agreed the act that time was disappointing. Snacks were available. Now, my TV is on b/c my little dog picked up tv-watching with my husb. There is no beer in my house, and I don't eat or prepare chicken wings. It seems to me that there is more rhetoric by the commenters (or commentators) than action. I might catch some of the half time act, and will no doubt see those expensive commercials repeated on other spots. Background noise as I putter around the house.

Edited by kejedo

3 minutes ago, kejedo said:

It seems to me that there is more rhetoric by the commenters (or commentators) than action.

Nicely said. I am only mildly watching the game. I found most of the ads odd or uninspiring. One was for a movie that will not be out until November, Thanksgiving I think. That's only 291 days away. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

I have strong aversion to sports due to my majority of family heavy involvement in it, forsaking Jehovah's worship due to demands of sports. 

Also competitive nature of it and money that is involved in it, is another aspect that I dislike. 

excited iron man GIF by Birmingham Iron

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I've always said I'm not wasting my time watching other people have fun. I'd rather be the one participating. :whistling:

Whether it's rigged or not is a whole 'nother discussion. So I'll just stick with the above. But the commercials do tend to be very good.... 😁

I've always said I'm not wasting my time watching other people have fun. I'd rather be the one participating. :whistling:

Whether it's rigged or not is a whole 'nother discussion. So I'll just stick with the above. But the commercials do tend to be very good....

My Niners lost, so most def it is rigged!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk