JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Rewriting History: Groundbreaking New Research Reveals That Early Human Diets Were Primarily Plant-Based

"Archaeologists long thought that early human diets were meat-based. However, Assistant Professor Randy Haas’ analysis of the remains of 24 individuals from the Wilamaya Patjxa and Soro Mik’aya Patjxa burial sites in Peru shows that early human diets in the Andes Mountains were composed of 80 percent plant matter and 20 percent meat".

Does it elicit "duh" in you whenever the wise ones of this system of things are trying very hard to come to the same conclusion as the scriptures have said? The command to eat animals by Jehovah was given to Noah after the flood about 4,400 years ago (Gen. 9:1-7). Considering the violence with the Nephilims, pre-flood animal slaughter and consumption would have been against Jehovah's law. Any guess on whether this was a component of what Jehovah saw before the flood, along with the rest of mankind's destruction of the planet (compare Gen. 1:30)?

This has got me thinking: Is plant-based diet the reason why pre-flood humans live longer? I know we have always attributed this to their being closer to perfection. The modern obsession with vegetarian/vegan diets does have some advantages. And scriptures have talked about mankind in the new system getting healed by using the trees. Rev. 22:1,2 states: "And he showed me a river of water of life,+ clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb+ down the middle of its main street. On both sides of the river were trees of life producing 12 crops of fruit, yielding their fruit each month. And the leaves of the trees were for the healing of the nations". What roles will literal plants/trees play in our healing in the new system of things?

Edited by Kunlesky

Typo

Did Adam and those who lived at his time ever eat meat as food?

although Jehovah hadn't given the permission to eat meat at that time,it may be that some people had already started doing things their own way (as usual),and yet they lived longer too,right ?

Am not sure at what point Adam  started eating meat as food,but it makes sense that he would have stuck to eating the fruits and vegetables he was already used to for perhaps a very long time before being ask out of the garden.

This may have played a part in hi longevity.

No doubt vegetables will play a significant role as always in maintaining the biochemical processes that keep us alive and healthy,it wasn't for fun that Jehovah started humans on that diet,it was for necessity.

But,Will we stop eating meat in the new world?I'm not sure,but I'm sure going to miss my barbeque(suya) if we will have to stop eating meat, I'm already feeling sad about that one.

Edited by Ishaya

41 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

suya

Suya is Nigerian street food at its finest: Skewers of spiced, nutty, smoky, charred beef, served with onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lettuce, and lime juice.

Wow, sounds so delicious

Spoiler

image.png.d782701708f14351a10796fd661954d1.png

Edited by Imagine

4 hours ago, Ishaya said:

Did Adam and those who lived at his time ever eat meat as food?

although Jehovah hadn't given the permission to eat meat at that time,it may be that some people had already started doing things their own way (as usual),and yet they lived longer too,right ?

Am not sure at what point Adam  started eating meat as food,but it makes sense that he would have stuck to eating the fruits and vegetables he was already used to for perhaps a very long time before being ask out of the garden.

This may have played a part in hi longevity.

No doubt vegetables will play a significant role as always in maintaining the biochemical processes that keep us alive and healthy,it wasn't for fun that Jehovah started humans on that diet,it was for necessity.

But,Will we stop eating meat in the new world?I'm not sure,but I'm sure going to miss my barbeque(suya) if we will have to stop eating meat, I'm already feeling sad about that one.

On meat, I’m not so sure we have to stop. There are other ways to explain Jehovah starting us as herbivores, not carnivore. For instance, could it just be a matter of allowing the animals to populate first to avoid us eating them into extinction?

However, I do concede that post-Eden and pre-flood humans know what it means for an animal to die/get barbecued (compare Gen. 4:4). I have no idea if some back then were tempted to have a taste though🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2024 at 6:47 AM, Kunlesky said:

The command to eat animals by Jehovah was given to Noah after the flood about 4,400 years ago (Gen. 9:1-7). Considering the violence with the Nephilims, pre-flood animal slaughter and consumption would have been against Jehovah's law.

I don't read the eating of animals as a command to Noah, more permission. The prohibition on blood was stated clearly however. Maybe it was more a regulating as with subsequent adjustments in the Mosaic Law covenant on a variety of matters that were aready in practice.

I am sure all sorts of out-of-harmony practices were endemic prior to the flood, but Jehovah has seen fit to hide most of what went on in that godless, demon-infested time.

40 minutes ago, Eejay said:

I don't read the eating of animals as a command to Noah, more permission. The prohibition on blood was stated clearly however. Maybe it was more a regulating as with subsequent adjustments in the Mosaic Law covenant on a variety of matters that were aready in practice.

I am sure all sorts of out-of-harmony practices were endemic prior to the flood, but Jehovah has seen fit to hide most of what went on in that godless, demon-infested time.

Bro., I just reread that scripture again in Gen 9:1-7. I still ended up coming away with it as an authorization, or permission, by Jehovah like you said. Jehovah likes to wear His power lightly and tends to come off on what is a command with “you may”. We many examples of this all over the scriptures, including the one about plant based foods in Eden (Gen. 2:16,17). This is because we will always need our free will to exercise freedom of choices, even on things that are life and death matters!