JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Horrific Tornado weather

I have been watching Ryan Hall’s live video of the horrific tornadoes that have gone through Nebraska, Texas, and now in Iowa. I am thinking about any of our friends that are dealing with these. Seeing the videos of storm chasers and the size (monster) of these storms is unreal.

The National Weather Service even listed 2 or 3 tornados as “Emergency”.

I’ve heard of tornadoes crossing highways. I actually saw this done via videos. Unreal.

I pray that our friends have what they need to be safe and that Jehovah watches over them.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

38 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I have been watching Ryan Hall’s live video of the horrific tornadoes that have gone through Nebraska, Texas, and now in Iowa. I am thinking about any of our friends that are dealing with these. Seeing the videos of storm chasers and the size (monster) of these storms is unreal.

The National Weather Service even listed 2 or 3 tornados as “Emergency”.

I’ve heard of tornadoes crossing highways. I actually saw this done via videos. Unreal.

I pray that our friends have what they need to be safe and that Jehovah watches over them.

There is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastics 1:9. Basically this happens all the time for many years.

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

There is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastics 1:9. Basically this happens all the time for many years.

90 tornadoes in a single day does NOT  happen all the time.

This was a very severe outbreak...and tomorrow's outbreak may be even more severe.  :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

I’ve heard of tornadoes crossing highways

Were they running the red lights? Seriously, when I lived in lower Michigan I thought tornadoes were a daytime only thing,( we had very few ) it wasn't until I moved south that I learned that they also hit at night!  😱

43 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

90 tornadoes in a single day does NOT  happen all the time.

This was a very severe outbreak...and tomorrow's outbreak may be even more severe.  :(

I wonder how things like this will arrive in Brazil. I live in the capital, and if anyone has seen what the buildings look like here, they all have pilotis. Furthermore, they were not planned for natural disasters. The destruction would be immense!

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

10 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

True, yet it happened in the past. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_records

Yes, but we don't minimize World War II 

just because a World War I already happened in the past.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Posted (edited)

It’s not that there’s always been wars or that there always has been tornadoes. That’s not the point. No one cares that something always happens.

It’s that people lives have been ripped apart. Those people could very well include our brothers and sisters.

I think a little sympathy is needed here not that something has always happened.

Edited by Loopy

Keep watching the weather. I hope you have some kind of storm shelter. 

Good grief, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, list count of how many states involved again today. 

I’ll take a snowstorm any day. 😬

No storm shelter. Since my husbands unexpected death last summer, i have had to sell our home (closes Monday) and move into an RV. Last June they called it 'severe weather' i think they may have upped it recently to tornadic conditions. No electric for 9 days is a record breaking heat wave of 113-115 F daily for a few days. So naturally no AC. Grocery stores closed. Gas stations closed for many and long lines at others. This is when my husband passed without my knowledge as I was in Ecuador taking care of business required for our pending retirement and subsequent move...he was estimated to have been deceased 10-12 days before i was able to finally make contact with county sheriff for a welfare check..so this type of weather is bringing great anxiety from that truamatic event. 

Im just hoping me and my dogs dont blow away and end up like Dorothy. 

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

I hope Leslie and her house are OK..🤔

We are good. Three sets of sirens in one night! But my 3 littles howled and shook all night. They have bloody diarrhea today, so there's that.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

On 4/27/2024 at 8:48 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Yes, but we don't minimize World War II 

just because a World War I already happened in the past.

Good illustration Ross.

When the scriptures tell us that our day will be the worst in history, I believe it. Yes we have tornadoes but these series of tornadoes are unusual, historic and very destructive.

I'm my area summers here, in the Pacific Northwest, can get warm, even on the ocean but In 2022 we had a record heat of 118 degrees, THAT isn't normal and has never happened before. Our trees were literally burned by the sun, you drive down the road and it looked like we had a forest fire. Then last year it stopped raining in late April and didn’t start, with any significance, until almost October. My community is known for cranberries, blackberries and blueberries. LOTS of them. On my property friends have picked 5 gallons. The blueberry farm down the road has about 150 huge trees, pay by the pound but closed the fields and Ocean Spray cranberry company shut down, ALL had no berries. 

That dryness probably contributed to compromising the root system in 4 trees that grow on the swamp line in my back yard, I lost 4 trees back there which took out part of my bear fence. Then 2 more on the side of my house which hit and damaged my roof. 

Yes things are different! Very different. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34