JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Friends, as usual we had car talk during RV work. 
The discussion was about how Paradise is depicted in our publications, namely summer or spring season. 
Have you ever seen pictures depicting wintery conditions in Paradise? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

34 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

The discussion was about how Paradise is depicted in our publications, namely summer or spring season. 

Personally I have not, yet it will be there. Genesis 8:22

Enjoy it my brother. 

Edited by Dustparticle

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Indeed, I can't find any

I am a cold weather person at heart. I enjoy warm weather too. I have posted before that I want to live in an area where I can experience cold weather including the freezing of lakes or ponds. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

"If there is to be no winter, there will be no logs to splinter." Who doesn't mind being seated beside a nice log fire?

There will have to be a winter, mainly because many plants need that winter period to become dormant, and also needs to know when to start its fruiting period afterwards.

There are some tracts and pictures that shows a autumn season with the leaves turning yellow, orange and red.

But most people don't like winter, and many people associate paradise is usually green and warm, where you can go around naked and not get cold. But to others, many see the beauty of snow, sandy deserts and open rocky places which have a wide range of various colours and textures, which I am one of those people.

11 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Sure, here is a picture of a snowstorm in paradise.

Is that what you were looking for?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I seem to remember a Caleb video of them imagining paradise and there was snow on the mountains. I haven't found it yet.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I don’t know what or how we are allowed to share pics but here’s one with snowy mountains. 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/awake-no1-2021-mar-apr/gods-teachings-give-hope/

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

There was a winter in Paradise shown in a video of a girl sitting in the snow and playing with a bobcat or snow leopard. Does anyone remember what that video was? I think it's the full version of the video: "Remember Jesus' Death" I can't find the full version on the site.

10 hours ago, Andrey said:

Thanks. At 1:36 the healed girl is going ice skating. 

As Glenn mentioned, Jehovah himself said there will be winter in paradise at Genesis 8:22.

In the 2014 regional convention there was a video where several friends in paradise meet around a fire. There is snow around them and they are warmly clothed.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwbcov_201405_1_VIDEO

EDIT: Oops, I see Richard posted the same video.

On 6/16/2024 at 9:20 AM, New World Explorer said:

I think the idea of “Paradise" is: Beauty, Happiness, and Peace.   For some that would include a beautiful snow fall on the trees and branches. There is something about a winter wonderland.....as long as you don’t have to shovel it. :lol:

The idea of creating a world without extreme cold and no snow involves substantial changes to the Earth's climate system. If Jehovah changes physics of the planet here are some theoretical changes that could contribute to  a more moderate temp worldwide. We are headed in that direction with “Climate Change” or “Global warming”. :lol:

1. Increase in Global Temperatures

• Enhanced Greenhouse Effect: Increase the concentration of greenhouse gases (e.g., carbon dioxide, methane) in the atmosphere to trap more heat.
  • Altered Atmospheric Composition: Introduce or increase gases like water vapor, which also contribute to the greenhouse effect.

2. Changes in Earth's Orbit and Tilt

• Orbital Changes: Adjust Earth's orbit to be closer to the Sun to receive more solar radiation.
  • Axial Tilt Adjustment: Reduce the axial tilt to minimize seasonal temperature extremes, resulting in a more uniform climate.

3. Oceanic and Atmospheric Circulation

• Redistribute Ocean Currents: Modify ocean currents to distribute heat more evenly across the planet. For instance, enhancing warm currents like the Gulf Stream.
  • Alter Wind Patterns: Change prevailing wind patterns to ensure warmer air is distributed globally.

4. Geographical Modifications

• Terraforming: Large-scale engineering projects to reshape the Earth's surface, such as creating artificial mountains or plains to influence climate patterns.
  • Destruction of Polar Ice Caps: Melting the polar ice caps and glaciers to eliminate cold sources.

5. Technology and Geoengineering

• Solar Reflectors: Place reflectors in space to direct more sunlight toward Earth.
  • Climate Control Technologies: Develop and deploy large-scale geoengineering projects to regulate global temperatures, like solar radiation management.

6. Increased Vegetation and Urbanization

• Urban Heat Islands: Expand urban areas which tend to be warmer due to human activities and infrastructure.
  • Global Greening: Increase vegetation, particularly tropical plants, to enhance the natural greenhouse effect and alter local climates.

Challenges and Considerations

• Ecological Impact: Such changes could disrupt ecosystems, leading to the extinction of species adapted to cold climates.
  • Sea Level Rise: Melting polar ice caps would cause sea levels to rise, flooding coastal areas.
  • Weather Extremes: A warmer world might experience more extreme weather events like hurricanes and heavy rainfall.
  • Human Adaptation: Significant changes to global temperatures would require humans to adapt in terms of agriculture, infrastructure, and health.

Conclusion

While theoretically possible, making the entire planet free of extreme cold and snow would involve a combination of natural and artificial interventions on a massive scale. Such changes would have profound and unpredictable impacts on the Earth's climate system, ecosystems, and human societies.   Of course Jehovah can do anything he wants....but is it reasonable,  based on what we know?  :coffee:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Just for clarification, I do not dispute the fact that there will no be a winter in Paradise, I am just curious why it’s so rare to see snow in any Paradise videos and images. That’s all. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)