JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Five Letter Words

surfergirl

9 hours ago, Sylv said:

Disclaimer, I'm not playing this game. But "woman" in Dutch is spelled "vrouw".

That is true of European English but American alternative is Vrow

Variants of vrouw

or 

vrow

\ˈvr|au̇, ˈfr|, |ō\

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vrouw

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

43 minutes ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Fjord...(a long, narrow, deep inlet of the sea between high cliff, as in Norway

and Iceland, typically formed by submergence of a glaciated valley.)

Words

6 minutes ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Thanks Lynn for the information...I actually learned something!:uhhuh:

I try not to post a word unless it can be readily found in a dictionary.  I hear MT has about 20 in. of snow and ice in Billings. Hopefully it is not that bad where you are.

Columbus, Mt is fifty miles to the east from Billings, Mt.  They got a lot of snow...ice and wind.  We got at least four to five feet of snow...actually, this snow storm was the worst we have had for at least four or five years...just a tremendous

accumulation.  Our Thursday night meeting was cancelled...before any snow had arrived...but the weather report

said there was an 80% chance that by early evening....snow would be falling...and they weren't kidding.  It was

very cold...-12 degrees.:o

Things are getting better since Monday...a little warmer each day.

I sure hope this will have been the worst snow storm of the winter.:mellow:

Cordially,

nanceebgd

Edited by nanceebgd46

rewriting

23 minutes ago, rocket said:

Swale

8 minutes ago, mserskine said:

Walls

I missed correcting your previous word so I will try to correct this one.  In this game the letters should be in the same order and not rearranged.  We just replace 1 or 2 letters and the rest stay in the same place in the word.  To get a better Idea review the first few pages of the Thread.   The game where one can rearrange the letters is the 4 letter Scramble game.

Last valid word: Swale