JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Five Letter Words

surfergirl

Mired.......(When your're mired in something, your're stuck or entangled in it.  You can't

get out.  Sometimes, being mired means to be literally trapped in the mire, which is like

a swamp or muck...to be involved in a very difficult situation."

Spoiler

Edited by nanceebgd46

made mistake

Murex.....A genus of marine gastropods, having rough, and frequently spinose, shells, which are often highly colored inside; the rock shells.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 12/25/2016 at 2:24 PM, walkr2 said:

It doesn't appear to be anyone else's game but yours. You call out others when they err, but when you err, you do not want anyone to say anything about it and is always "thinking" you're correct in every aspect. When I mentioned that a word had been used already, you came up with a reason to continue using the word anyway. In actuality, you're the only game player because no one else matters! And we're Christians? And we bully other players? This doesn't seem to be Christian conduct! Sheep don't act like that!

To my knowledge I have only posted words that are found in a dictionary. Just because you don't know how to find it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.  For the word vrow I posted a 'copy and paste' definition from the dictionary itself.  If it's in an English dictionary it is an acceptable word for the word games.  Even Sylvie accepted vrow as an alternate spelling.

There is no game rule in the game  Bible Word Chain Game (Theocratic Shiritori) by Steve the OP that says "no word can be used twice in the entire thread."  The accepted rule of thumb for all the games is, "a word cannot be used twice on the same page."  The word "Holy" was not used on that page. Fact is the word has been used NINE times in the life of the game, the last time was Dec.8, 2015 by Tortuga.

As a moderator I am under the direction and authority of the Owner of JWTALK... Dismal_Bliss/Bob as well as the composite body of Moderators.  If you want to see an example of Bob's direction and my following that direction then go to this link:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/2755-the-four-letter-word-game/?do=findComment&comment=409812

Follow along the next 4 pages or so after that link.  I do believe that thread is one that several members wanted to change the rules of the game to suit them.  Well Bob has already said how the game should be played. I only supported Bob.  If you want to argue with him and call him a bully, be my guest.  The Five Letter Game is directly patterned after the Four Letter Game with one Exception and that is one can "change one or 2 letters at a time."

The purpose of moderating a game is to remind members of the rules and try and let everyone be on the same page instead of everyone playing by different rules.  In that respect everyone does matter.

If a word is contested and a 'dictionary definition' is given, let it go.  'Scrabble' word search engines are a good tool to find valid words because they provide links to most dictionaries that have that particular word.  This is also good way to get in the back door to premium unabridged dictionaries that are not free.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25