JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Guess Who. Biblical Game

surfergirl

I don't know the name of the one who beat up the 7 men, but I know the scripture. 

(Acts 19:11-20) . . .And God kept performing extraordinary powerful works through the hands of Paul, 12 so that even cloths and aprons that had touched his body were carried to the sick, and the diseases left them, and the wicked spirits came out. 13 But some of the Jews who traveled around casting out demons also tried to use the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had wicked spirits; they would say: “I solemnly charge you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.” 14 Now there were seven sons of a Jewish chief priest named Sceʹva doing this. 15 But in answer the wicked spirit said to them: “I know Jesus and I am acquainted with Paul; but who are you?” 16 At that the man with the wicked spirit leaped on them, overpowered them one after the other, and prevailed against them, so that they fled naked and wounded out of that house. 17 This became known to all, both the Jews and the Greeks who lived in Ephʹe·sus; and fear fell upon them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus went on being magnified. 18 And many of those who had become believers would come and confess and report their practices openly. 19 Indeed, quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody. And they calculated their value and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver. 20 Thus in a mighty way, the word of Jehovah kept growing and prevailing.

Edited by Witness1970

• 4 months later...
I don't know the name of the one who beat up the 7 men, but I know the scripture. 

(Acts 19:11-20) . . .And God kept performing extraordinary powerful works through the hands of Paul, 12 so that even cloths and aprons that had touched his body were carried to the sick, and the diseases left them, and the wicked spirits came out. 13 But some of the Jews who traveled around casting out demons also tried to use the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had wicked spirits; they would say: “I solemnly charge you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.” 14 Now there were seven sons of a Jewish chief priest named Sceʹva doing this. 15 But in answer the wicked spirit said to them: “I know Jesus and I am acquainted with Paul; but who are you?” 16 At that the man with the wicked spirit leaped on them, overpowered them one after the other, and prevailed against them, so that they fled naked and wounded out of that house. 17 This became known to all, both the Jews and the Greeks who lived in Ephʹe·sus; and fear fell upon them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus went on being magnified. 18 And many of those who had become believers would come and confess and report their practices openly. 19 Indeed, quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody. And they calculated their value and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver. 20 Thus in a mighty way, the word of Jehovah kept growing and prevailing.

BTW, This account I shared with someone I studied with helped him to take his bible study seriously. I highlighted why we need to be on Jehovah’s side because the demons know who’s serving Jehovah and who isn’t. He progressed to baptism.

• 1 year later...