JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

SPIDERS :scared:

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Uploads/Images/9256/MG134629_big.jpg

As you know I love summer. Great for the beach and throwing another Shrimp On the Barbie, Bro,:)-D. Great for chillaxing in.

But there is a downside. Spiders, They are a nightmare, & they too love the heat. Red backs, I have had the opposite to pleasure of one of those bites, and the wolfspider and the brown mouse spider in someones pool, not fun, But we have these long cigar like boys, and they are evil, I have had the bite and attacks of the ticks, Shingal Backs. Not fun,

It is said that Australia has the most Venomous Creatures, than anywhere else in the world, We even get the black funnel web. they are fat horrid things. Ever walked through to someones door and got the web all over you. Its creepy. But amazing art work. What do you think?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

up Jan they also come with no red strips. Just the black belly.

I discovered them. I was 8months with my first daughter and went to help do some light work with my hubby. He said he vacuum the stairs and I could go and water the garden. No probs, I went to the spot where the hose was kept, I double checked & rechecked. I thought all was okay. I was caring the hose to the tap. Next minute this spider walks out on my arm. It looked like the red back, just no

red mark.He got me, So I went to hubby & said ask a neighbor for some ice. No help. there So I went to the ER. I spent half a day. I wasn't given any relief because of being preg. But that night I stayed at mums & I couldn't sleep the pain:omg: it was like someone getting some steel wool up and down my arm. felt like fire.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Jan they also come with no red strips. Just the black belly.

I discovered them. I was 8months with my first daughter and went to help do some light work with my hubby. He said he vacuum the stairs and I could go and water the garden. No probs, I went to the spot where the hose was kept, I double checked & rechecked. I thought all was okay. I was caring the hose to the tap. Next minute this spider walks out on my arm. It looked like the red back, just no red mark.He got me, So I went to hubby & said ask a neighbor for some ice. No help. there So I went to the ER. I spent half a day. I wasn't given any relief because of being preg. But that night I stayed at mums & I couldn't sleep the pain:omg: it was like someone getting some steel wool up and down my arm. felt like fire.

Forgive me if some of this doesn't make sense we had a power failure in the middle of writing and it was to late to edit the original. Thought.LOL

Spider are aliens :help:

I agree with you Steve!! I can't stand the things. I once was bitten by a brown recluse (he was hiding in my shoe - I have checked my shoes now every day for over 20 years) and was on crutches for weeks. I was in college at the time and taking the required Phys Ed class, which I couldn't participate in being on crutches! My prof did NOT like that!! Can I question why Jehovah made them? They are so UGLY! :hammer:

For some reason, the spiders in Texas where I live, are really, really big, lol. So are the mosquitoes, and the grasshoppers, they are HUGE. I think maybe the heat down here has something to do with them being big.

We have tarantula's, black widows, brown recluse, even scorpions (which I know are not spiders), just lots and lots and lots of bugs in Texas. And biting ants!!!! I hate the biting ants. They swarm all over your feet and they stick to you, you need to take the hose to spray them off, then you have a ton of little red bumps on your feet that itch. It's best not to go barefoot down here, lol.

For some reason, the spiders in Texas where I live, are really, really big, lol. So are the mosquitoes, and the grasshoppers, they are HUGE. I think maybe the heat down here has something to do with them being big.

We have tarantula's, black widows, brown recluse, even scorpions (which I know are not spiders), just lots and lots and lots of bugs in Texas. And biting ants!!!! I hate the biting ants. They swarm all over your feet and they stick to you, you need to take the hose to spray them off, then you have a ton of little red bumps on your feet that itch. It's best not to go barefoot down here, lol.

Living in Ireland has its advantages so.... ! not even a snake here :)

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Ohhhh. I like that banana spider. It's pretty cool looking. I personally don't mind spiders as long as they mind their own business and leave me alone. I'm sure I would feel differently if ever bitten but so far no issues there. One time at book study which was set up in persons garage a nice big black widow started walking in front of the first row of chairs. So in middle of book study my dad asked sister if she had some raid. (bug spray) she did and he drenched the spider. So spider curls up some like it going to die. Fast forward five minutes black widow proceeds to wake up from being stoned on raid and walks away. Well then dad just got up and squished as brother was reading.

It was just kind of funny to see it start walking away like oh thank you for the raid bath, ready to move on now lol.

That is so funny, Angela. I have seem similar senarios. One night at our kingdom hall we are just sitting there and on the back of a chair this Wolf Spider just walks up. These things are enormous. Think of the biggest Mans hand spand in the world and they are like that. WE had to say to the Sister sitting in the seat to move. While my hubby did the brave hero thing. LOL

This is the worst thread ever! I am absolutely terrified of spiders!!

When I was little my father told a story of a woman who had been bit by a spider. As time went by the bite got bigger and itchyer. So she scratched it and the bump that had formed burst and out came hundreds of little spiders! I have been horrified ever since.

I will refuse to go into a room if there is no one around to kill the spiders for me. I hate working in my garden for fear one would crawl up my leg. And when they do come in contact with me I feel violated and I have to shower. My children have seen me jump over a kitchen chair when a spider hung from its web behind me.

Even just scrolling down this page caused shivers and sweaty palms!

The worst is that I live in Ontario Canada and there are no spiders that can hurt me in any way. They are just the worst thing ever. I have even given thanks to Jehovah that I will not be afraid of these creatures in the new system.

Ever heard about this experience?

During World War II, the persecution had been intense.

Alone in the jungle, a brother could hear the soldiers coming in his direction. Scrambling for cover, he found his way up a high ridge to several small caves in the rock.

Quickly he crawled inside one of the caves. Although safe for the moment, he realized that once the soldiers looking for him swept up the ridge, they would quickly search all the caves and he would be killed. As he waited, he prayed, asking Jehovah, if it be your will, please protect me.

Whatever your will though, I love you and trust you. After praying, he lay quietly listening to the enemy begin to draw close.

He saw a spider begin to build a web over the front of his cave. As he watched, listening to the enemy searching for him all the while, the spider layered strand after strand of web across the opening of the cave.

'Hah,' he thought. 'What I need is a brick wall and what Jehovah has sent me is a spider web.' As the enemy drew closer he watched from the darkness of his hideout and could see them searching one cave after another.

As they came to his, he prepared himself for death. To his amazement, however, after glancing in the direction of his cave, they moved on. Suddenly, he realized that with the spider web over the entrance, his cave looked as if no one had entered for quite a while.

'Jehovah, forgive me,' prayed the young man. 'I had forgotten that in you a spider's web is stronger than a brick wall.'

We all face times of great trouble. When we do, it is so easy to forget what Jehovah can work in our lives, sometimes in the most surprising ways. And remember with Jehovah, a mere spider's web can become a brick wall of protection.

Agape

When I was little my father told a story of a woman who had been bit by a spider. As time went by the bite got bigger and itchyer. So she scratched it and the bump that had formed burst and out came hundreds of little spiders! I have been horrified ever since.

I will refuse to go into a room if there is no one around to kill the spiders for me. I hate working in my garden for fear one would crawl up my leg. And when they do come in contact with me I feel violated and I have to shower. My children have seen me jump over a kitchen chair when a spider hung from its web behind me.

Even just scrolling down this page caused shivers and sweaty palms!

The worst is that I live in Ontario Canada and there are no spiders that can hurt me in any way. They are just the worst thing ever. I have even given thanks to Jehovah that I will not be afraid of these creatures in the new system.

Sorry Sis. I hope you aren't stumbled..I loathe spiders especially when you are driving the car and they jump out at you and its night time. & You have to pull over on a busy highway...I don't know whats worse a spider a snake. Or being attacked by a Great white..Have you ever stood near a plastic one on display...:omg:..They are massive. I know this is another subject. :nope:

Was sitting on my couch earlier and saw a HUGE, GINORMOUS spider crawing by my foot under the coffee table. Jumped up and ran to get a flipflop (I'm always barefoot) and when I got back...no spider. Poof. Gone. Vanished. Searched for a half hour with a flashlight, jumping at every little tickle. #completely freaking out# . Spraying bug killer furiously. Don't know who will die from it first....the dog, me or the stupid spider. Oh....and I'm wearing shoes until I find that creepy thing.....! :scared:

Have I got good news for you! That story is an urban legend, and there is no spider species that has such a behavior.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/spiderbite.asp