JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Funny things kids say and do

All parents and grand parents think their kids are great and funny. Sometimes they are. Other times...ehh. All kids are quirky in their own way. Our children can also be profound. And often the words our little ones use become 'family words' that are just known to our intimate relatives. Tell us some of the cool, quirky or profound things the kids in your life say or do.

I will start with my grandson Jude who just turned 4. My hubby and I watch him during the week for my son and daughter-in-law. He has his Mom's face and fingernails and everything else is exactly like his father, from his body to his personality. He is so 'dejavu' for me because it is just like raising my son all over again! Well, the other day Jude got angry at me and told me that I was making him mad. He then stomped out to the kitchen saying, "I'm going on time out till I can calm down!" Hey COOL! A self-disciplining child!!!!!! Makes my job easier. :backflip:

We had something that happened when our now 32 year old daughter was in kindergarten. Apparently she "passed gas" in the classroom and everybody laughed. She came home, all upset and wanted us to do something about it because, as she said, "I fart every minute!" Now in our family if there is something someone doesn't want to do they have to do it every minute.

"Time to clean the dog mess out of the back yard."

"Why is it my turn again, I have to do it every minute."

Recently we planned a family trip to see the Dead Sea scrolls at a local museum. A few days before going I told my three year old my what our plans were for the upcoming weekend. He looked at me confused and then asked "do they have mouths"? I had no idea what he meant and asked him to repeat the question. After about ten times of repeating himself he finally yelled out of frustration... "Do the Dead Sea squirrels have mouths?" Sadly I had to explain that we were going to see two thousand year of pieces of paper and NOT squirrels. To which he then asked, " 'well do they have mice there?" Needless to say it was an interesting day. Side note we did see the Tetragrammaton on several scrolls.

Here is another one. When my neice was learning to talk she mixed up some words in such a weird way that they just stuck.

Kopets--pockets

Gadget--jacket

My favorite from my son when he was 2 or 3 was...

Hop-ta-kopter = helicopter.

Then another kid about 10 years old corrected him and got him to pronounce it correctly. I was actually upset because I was in love with the cuteness of the mispronunciation.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Here is another one. When my neice was learning to talk she mixed up some words in such a weird way that they just stuck.

Kopets--pockets

Gadget--jacket

My favorite from my son when he was 2 or 3 was...

Hop-ta-kopter = helicopter.

Then another kid about 10 years old corrected him and got him to pronounce it correctly. I was actually upset because I was in love with the cuteness of the mispronunciation.

Same thing happened with lello/yellow in our family.

I was actually upset because I was in love with the cuteness of the mispronunciation.

I know that feeling. We sure do love that cuteness factor. :crush:

My older grandson was little and loved car and cycle motors revving. One day he said that when he grew up he wanted a "murdercycle." :scooter: OY!

little 5year old granddaughter (parents not in the truth) visting her Grandparents. There were singing at the kingdom Hall We Thank-you Jehovah for our brotherhood

A big loud voice "Grandpa Grandpa Who is Brother hood"

Then there is my 4 yr old that gets upset after a haircut because Mom is going to throw away the hair she cut off. "Mom, Dad needs it cause he doesn't have any." and then after cutting my hair, "Mom are you going to leave it that way, short on the sides and none on top."

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

There's one i'll always remember. When i was younger (possibly about 5 or 6) i remember sitting at the meeting looking at my bible story book and reading (or just looking at the pictures) of the story on Issac and Abraham. I turned to my Nana and Mum and said "Is he going to cut him up like a cucumber?" My mum and Nan burst out laughing, and struggled to stop. It was a good way of remembering the story of Issac and Abraham though! :D

My oldest son was out playing early in the morning. He still had his pajamas on and he was mixing up mud pies in a coffee can. The neighbor lady came out to milk her cow so she said, "Oh, Clint, what are you doing out here making mud pies in your pajamas?" Without looking up he said "I'm not! I'm making them in this can!!" So there! :upset:

My friend's daughter really liked *ucks and talked about them all the time.

^ tee hee.

When my daughter was young, we were playing a game of what animal sounds would result from combining animals together.

So when I said "What sound does a puppy make?" she said "Arf!", and when I said "What sound does a kitten make?" she said "mew".

And then I said, "So what sound does a puppy-kitten make?"

And she responds, "F-mew, F-mew, F-mew"

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

My granddaughter had a problem with picture and mirror. She called them both michers. It took us longer to figure out ackeydays. When she said it while throwing her doll up in the air we decided she must mean upsy daisy.

When my daughter was little she often got words backwards. I think she had dyslexia but it was never diagnosed. She called the strap we put around her in the car her 'belt-seat'. I loved that she rode in a 'baby truck' (her stroller). And my favorite was how Julie said Jimminy Cricket - it was 'Jumpin Crickenny!' We still say that today. :lol1:

Bob that F-mew is hilarious! Kids! Gotta love um. :backflip:

Chris- your comment makes me think of a word my kids used- and we still use! for the word "hippopotamus" they called a "hittopopanus". The three of them had a language of their own-- The motor of a car was a "pump", a teepee was an "indian patch" and soot was "lint" and lint was "soot" and others. So entertaining! Love those kids! I really miss them now that they all grown up. :kisscheek:

Yesterday we went to the meetings and my daughter (4) picked some flowers (from our neighbors) at the km hall she went directly to one sister and gave her a hug and told her it was especially for her(what i thought).at the end of the meeting the sister approach me and said Josie you dint have to take the train home ill drive you My daughter had picked flowers for her and ask her to drive her home after the meeting cos shell be too tired to walk to the train station.:-)

Yesterday we went to the meetings and my daughter (4) picked some flowers (from our neighbors) at the km hall she went directly to one sister and gave her a hug and told her it was especially for her

How cute kids are. I bet the sister loved that gesture. The neighbors... maybe not so much, lol :P

That is too cute Josephine! They learn early. I remember one little four year-old would bend all the way over touching her toes during prayer.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

@bob we live in a street where only me have children(about 10 buildings) only elderly ones so they didn't mind her picking the flowers.the funny thing is that they know were witnesses and they still hate witnesses ringing on their doorbell but we've been invited to most of them personally so I guess were good neighbours lol

I just felt sorry for the sister cos she lives an hour drive the other side from where we live and from the kingdom hall to where i live is another half an hr drive but she didn't mind.isn't that wonderful to be in such a great big family?

Greetings from Germany