JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Funny things kids say and do

I was actually upset because I was in love with the cuteness of the mispronunciation.

I know that feeling. We sure do love that cuteness factor. :crush:

My older grandson was little and loved car and cycle motors revving. One day he said that when he grew up he wanted a "murdercycle." :scooter: OY!

A murdercycle:

:scooter::pistols:

I just thought of two sisters giving a talk in the back school (off topic I know). One sister turned to the other and said something about "Moseff and Jerry" instead of Mary and Joseph. She realized what she had said and asked herself sarcastically, "MOSEFF AND JERRY?????" :lol1: We all laughed for several minutes before they could get it together and finish the talk.

My baby girl's favorite story in the Bible story book was the one where Solomon is going to cut the baby in half. I would ask Julie which story she wanted to hear. She couldn't even talk yet but would make a karate chop and a hacking sound into the air! I can still see her sweet little innocent face with her eyebrows raised wanting the story. :heart:

• 1 month later...

Okay, so Emma is three now. She's such a little cutie. She's a Princess...well, she WANTS to be a princess. Loves everything Princess-y. Has been known to play in the mud puddles wearing a pink and white tutu and a sparkly tiara. Her biggest wish is to go to Disney World...which she calls "Small World." She carries around a little beaded bag and her piggy bank in hopes of conning all grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends out of change for her Small World fund.

So....

The other night her Papaw Vern was reading her a story out of the Great Teacher book. It was the one on Judas stealing from the money box. He has Georgia and Emma all cuddled up next to him while he reads the story...complete with sound effects. Georgia is sitting there absorbing it all and Emma is examining the pictures, her nose a couple of inches from the book. Papaw gets to the part about bad Judas and that he stole the money. Emma's head pops up, terribly upset. "Small World??? Him 'tole my Small World monies?????!! Him's a FEEF!!!!!"

rofl.

That was the end of Bible story time that night. Couldn't top the evil FEEF who stole Emma's Small World funds....

My daughter who's now in her 20's has made us laugh her whole life saying cute things.

The question is how old is too old before things that used to be cute are now just plain embarrassing?

The other day our daughter confessed that when visiting some friends, who were in the process of building a outdoor pizza oven, finally got around to getting the chimney. She happened to be there when her friend's dad arrived with the special part. Her friend said. "Oh! you got the flue?" He said "yep!"

My daughter said "Oh No, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well"

DUH?!

She won't live that down in a hurry.

I'm going the way Dave did on this one--my son was learning to drive when one day he wasn't applying the brakes soon enough for me, and I told him, "Son, let's take this out of warp, ok?" to which my son Steve replied in his best "Scotty" voice: " Aye, captain...it's these Klingon crystals!"

Kids--they're so easy to love!!!!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

My brother has been teasing my 17 year old grandson a lot since they got acquainted three years ago. Sometimes Frank has asked me if he teases Gavin too much, but he really likes to see that cute grin Gavin does when he realizes the joke. Last night Gavin and I went to KFC for some chicken. When we got back, Gavin told Frank that it was Churches chicken but it was in a KFC box because Churches ran out of their boxes. We are eating and Frank said,"i wonder why Churches ran out of boxes" Bingo! Gavin has started to tease back !

Yesterday morning,I was picking up two young ones from our KH. They were spending the night,and we were going to have lunch w/the CO and his wife.

Their mom was trying to give them money... the little one in the back seat holds her hand out to take it.... and says, " I'm pretty sure I'm going to be hungry." I started laughing and said, "I'm pretty sure I'm going to feed you."

While we were eating lunch, our CO was entertaining the little ones with pictures and chat, he asked one of them (whose four) how old are you? Without a hesitation or thought she says, "I'm almost 10." Well that got all of us chuckling.

• 2 months later...

Well this afternoon. I was trying to do the Jeremish study with the kids. Keep it very brief. After a bit

Of messing around.

I said to the kids. Do you like to eat food. They ssid YeS! I said back well you also got to eat spiritual food everyday. Otherwise you can bexime spiritually anorexic.

So we gave to eat Gods word the bible.

Next minute they get the bible & Jeremiah quick as a Flash. They are pretending to eat. It was the funniest thing i have seen for a while.

Got to luv kids humor.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

When our daughter was younger at the District Convention the brother on stage mentioned that Jehovah drew all of us. She looked up and asked with a very astonished face " how does Jehovah draw pictures of us?" She said it out loud and it was hilarious for everyone except me. :blushing:

But I was also glad to see that even though she was young and drawing during the program, that she was still paying attention to what was being said.

Jasmin--my young grandson (4yrs) first meeting ever heard our public speaker says "Jehovah IMPARTS wisdom" and Christian threw his hand over his mouth and shrieked "Grandma---ummmm-he said farts" I could feel my eyes stinging and hear the giggles from behind us. I know if the speaker said "imparts" one time during his talk he siad it a dozen times! Each and every time Christain would say in a very loud whisper "Yes Grandma, he said it again!"

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 2 weeks later...

I was with my friend Sarah putting out Memorial Invitations. She told me about her children's Family Worship night. They were discussing how to pray. Little 4 year old Peter asked if he could do a prayer. Sarah said OK and they bowed their heads and Peter began:

"Dear Father Jehovah, thank you for the birds and the trees and the flowers and my family and have a nice weekend yourself. in the name of Jesus, Amen.

That was too funny. I really enjoyed reading everyone's responses.

Fortunately for me, I remember One funny thing about my almost 2 year old son (back then). I was very close to my due date and one day my husband and I were driving in the car. I turned around and asked Little Joe, "What would you like mommy to have, a baby brother or a baby sister?" Little Joe smiled back and said, "Baby Woman". :eek: I laughed so hard I almost gave birth right there and then. :lol1:

• 3 weeks later...

When our daughter was younger at the District Convention the brother on stage mentioned that Jehovah drew all of us. She looked up and asked with a very astonished face " how does Jehovah draw pictures of us?" She said it out loud and it was hilarious for everyone except me. :blushing:

But I was also glad to see that even though she was young and drawing during the program, that she was still paying attention to what was being said.

I have a :blushing: story along these lines. This was 17 years ago, and my daughter was 3, and was paying rapt attention to the speaker at the KH. He was talking about the Trojan horse and how it was deceitfully used. The first time he said "trojan" my daughters' face lit up with recognition, and at the top of her lungs she sang the condom commercial "TROJAN MAAAAN!!!!!" The speaker got tickled as did the congregation. I was embarrassed silly, but loved that she was paying attention. (After that moment, it became a habit to mute the TV commercials.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, I love children sayings. I can't help myself, I have to join in. My youngest was 3yrs and still in bed with us and our bathroom entrance was across the foot of the bed and there was the sink with the mirror. As I was putting my face on, I could see my boy dreaming and smiling then giggling. I watched as his eyes fluttered and then opened, I asked him what he was dreaming about and he said with his mouth opened wide and his eyes looking up to the ceiling, "there was candy, just falling into my mouth."

That kid had a terrible sweet tooth. 

Now he is newly married. They grow up too fast.