JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2012 WTLibrary CD

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4104 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just got mine here in Northern Wisconsin this morning, 13 Jan. All loaded on my machine and ready to go. Remember getting the Bible on floppy disk? Then I think there was a version with Bible and Insight on the Scriptures.

-Dave

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure? I never heard that. Funny, we only have rednecks in our area.:oops:

That's because their hair is so beautifully dark red it stains the back of the neck. As one ages the hair turns silver but the neck remains red? :scared:

I'm bad, I'm bad!!!!

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Received ours Sunday.... So speaking of iSilo, I have read on this site about the iSilo app and how it lets you access the WT Library CD, so I downloaded the app yesterday. I have a ASUS Transfer Infinity with a micro SD card so I took the files from the WT Library CD (both regular and mobile), copied them to the micro SD, popped it into my tablet, opened iSilo, opened the files.......... just pages of random characters. What did I do wrong. Also you mentioned "I see the iSilo version for 2012 is out"... what? Thanks!

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

Received ours Sunday.... So speaking of iSilo, I have read on this site about the iSilo app and how it lets you access the WT Library CD, so I downloaded the app yesterday. I have a ASUS Transfer Infinity with a micro SD card so I took the files from the WT Library CD (both regular and mobile), copied them to the micro SD, popped it into my tablet, opened iSilo, opened the files.......... just pages of random characters. What did I do wrong. Also you mentioned "I see the iSilo version for 2012 is out"... what? Thanks!

You cannot use any files from the WT Library CD on a mobile device unless it is one of the older "Windows phones".

Now, using isilo and the isilo formatted Library files, you can have access to all of the publications contained in the WT Library. It won't "run" like it does on a PC, but you can search the index and access all of the information contained in the WT Library CD.

So, since you have isilo, go and register for an account at Meekspace and then, when you log into the meekspace forum, you will see what you need to do to download the four files needed for the Watchtower Library.

Here is the link to Meekspace: Meekspace

Got it...... very cool. And the video on Meekspace on the install process helped a ton too. Thank You!

I know it is a great site and the brothers there are very helpful :ecstatic:

Sending a big THANK YOU to them!!!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Got it...... very cool. And the video on Meekspace on the install process helped a ton too. Thank You!

I know it is a great site and the brothers there are very helpful :ecstatic:

Sending a big THANK YOU to them!!!!!

Awww shucks :blushing:

You should try out the "WSM" files. We have them in PDF and isilo format. All the study material for every meeting for the week in one file, linked to scriptures and research material. Saves so much study time!

I am a little slow. Interpretting. I just tried to install the CD on the PC. With the Samsung Android. Do i need to install the isilo on first. Then is it capable of the data on Cd.

I looked into the isilo. I might have gone to the wrong link. it was a program for the CIA. :innocent:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Yeah Gabe - if you saw CIA - you were at the WRONG link.

Ok:

1. the 2012 watchtower library cd - has NOTHING to do with iSilo.

2. You cannot install the watchtower library CD on and android device.

So, if you want all the info from the library on your android device, you need to install iSilo from the Google Play store - Here

and then AFTER it is installed we can talk about getting the files that have the library in them.

EDIT> Musky's post shows how to get the files.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I am a little slow. Interpretting. I just tried to install the CD on the PC. With the Samsung Android. Do i need to install the isilo on first. Then is it capable of the data on Cd.

I looked into the isilo. I might have gone to the wrong link. it was a program for the CIA. :innocent:

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?63,140771,142027#msg-142027

Thanks guys got it. The heat has its affects. On the sinking in part. Lol.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thanks Jerry.

I now have the app. Looks cool.

I will read thru Muskys post & steps. I maybe back. Lol.

I joined Meek Space.

I noticed there was a Music file. I havent downloaded any files. Is it like Bear Share without the bugs? 2 night I will look for the Library files.

Is Meek Space similar to this forum. Like you introduce yourself. I was trying to read thru some areas. Before commenting or asking questions.?

OK - on the HOME page of Meekspace look for this link:

142261=7817-FTP.jpg Follow the directions on that page.

Soon .....

I have followed instructions.

I downloaded the Dolphin Browser recomended. I have the

FTP. Cafe version suggested. & I am trying to set this sppt.

Says user name & Host. I have done all except Host. Is that the link for me to put the pass word for the Wifi/ Modem. Or do I put another Hosts. Name?