JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2012 WTLibrary CD

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4111 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Has onyone received their CD yet? We don't have them at our hall yet, and I was wondering.

I see the iSilo version for 2012 is out, which menas the CDs are being sent.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had it for a couple of weeks. A friend that teaches in Patterson sent the iso. The congregations should be getting them soon. I have mine on my thumbdrive and have already installed it on a few systems. What's nice is that the first few weeks of daily text has the meeting schedule at the bottom, that stops as the current KM runs out. I am hoping they make the database "self updating". That way they won't have to release a new version every year. This new CD only contains a little more data then last years with the magazines and new releases.

we neither!

I am hoping they make the database "self updating". That way they won't have to release a new version every year. This new CD only contains a little more data then last years with the magazines and new releases.

yes, I agree

I haven't received mine yet. Maybe on Sunday. I will. Yesterday I was going thru the apps. Maybe I am a little behind. On google play under religious was an app for the Watchtower Library & the cd is in the app. I done loaded. Thinking it was the version for the CD.Its a 2012. Then it takes you online. I am not sure. I have another. Which is a link to the library. With the one I got yesterday it came with another Icon. Has a list of the Bible & other books. Is it the same as having the CD on the PC..?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thanks Vernalee. for clearing that matter up. A little unsure. So many good ones to choose from. :squeeze:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Its suprised me that the US brothers haven't got it yet, normally the first with everything.

I was hoping for something different this year. Something more like the online version, that is so modern looking, it makes the cd-rom version look dated. And downloading updates would be a great addition, as you would not need to get a cd every year.

... I was hoping for something different this year. Something more like the online version' date=' that is so modern looking, it makes the cd-rom version look dated...[/quote']

I'm all for having updates available for the database ... but, I have no complaints with the way the Library looks. I do not always consider "modern looking" as an improvement. I often get tired of all the "improvements" the add to software that works perfectly fine the way it is. I am a firm believer in "if something is not broke - don't try to fix it".

This may just be me, but I am used to the existing Library and would rather not have to learn how to use it all over again. They could make the database upgradeable without changing the interface.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I feel so bad for you guys not getting your CDs. I feel if it was allowed to send you my version. Hope they come your way soon.:pray: