JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Irish Kingdom Hall Under Attack :(

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4103 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This started to happen a few weeks ago, but now it is in the newspaper I will post here.. I hope it can be resolved as of yet they are still meeting in a hotel... Port Laois congregation is also the KH we use for build training :(

http://www.laois-nationalist.ie/2013/01/24/church-under-attack/

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

That is truly disturbing. My heart goes out to all my brothers and sisters affected by these attacks. It is truly ironic that attackers want to hurt Jehovah's people, while Jehovah's people only want everyone to enjoy perfect life in a peaceful new system. I think we all know who is really behind attacks such as this. But scary, nonetheless.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

This is so surprising from a Worldly point of view, considering the weeks of destructive rioting that Loyalist youths have been doing in the North, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20947636 you would think the Republican part of the Country would sit back and point and say how the opposition are showing themselves up thus backing their claim for a completely Republican Ireland. Instead some on both sides are letting themselves and their youths act like peace talks are not going on and reverting back to the 'old troubles' era all over again.

Sure fulfills 2 Timothy 3 "Not open to agreement...fierce without love of goodness...etc" How sad for the peaceable who want to just quietly get on with their lives in the Emerald Isle. It is worrying as these things can spread. A brother and his wife from our congregation pioneered in Ireland in the 1950's when the priests used to encourage people and children to hurl bottles and bricks at the brothers and sisters.- Deja vous!:(

Ireland is a extremely racist country :( and the violence towards us on the ministry continued up to the end of the 1970's at least. .. it has never been a easy country to be a witness in. ... even now.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Déjà vu ?

Oops! Don't have a French spellchecker - unless we count you David! Thanks. Does this phrase mean the same in your language -a sort of "This is familiar,we have been here before" comment?

Cleator Moor, the next town to ours, is mostly inhabited by Irish people - who came over during the big Irish Famine to work in our Mines - It's known as 'Little Ireland'. The Protestants tried to do an Orange March through the town and a riot broke out and a man was killed, so they did not do that again. When we first moved here in the 1970's there were only 2 families of JW's there and an older sister. When we used to go on the Ministry there to support them, there was one estate where we would get stuff hurled at us and our cars and folk yelling for us to get out of the area. They yelled that they were IRA sympathizers and did not want us there. this was no false claim because the Police had intercepted Cleator Moor folk smuggling guns via fishing boats in our harbour to Ireland.

We persevered in the Ministry, leaving that estate at the sign of any trouble and working somewhere else. Then a family moved back who had become JW's elsewhere. They were from 2 large families in the area and boldly Witnessed to them all. Over the years their home has become known for Ministry groups meeting there and the trouble has calmed off for now. There's 25 witnesses there now, including still the elderly sister who is 103 years old.

Ireland is a extremely racist country :( and the violence towards us on the ministry continued up to the end of the 1970's at least. .. it has never been a easy country to be a witness in. ... even now.

Have you heard that talk from a brother who was at one time one of the first Witnesses in (I think) Southern Ireland.. he faced so much persecution for his whole life. It made me cry. (It's told by his son who eventually came in the truth).

"They have persecuted me, and they will persecute you." - Jesus

Although upsetting as it may be, this is also a happy thing. Our brothers and sisters are being mistreated, but for the right reason. We are doing what is expected, and Satan knows he has even less time than before. So he is gonna start going on an all out war even harder. Pick off the "weaker" ones, basically, you don't hear a whole lot of news coming out of Ireland, at least where I live. So if he starts where it's "unheard of, or reported less" he may think it will strike fear into the bigger ones, the ones that gets reported a lot. Causing them to think, "Well if he can do that on that small scale, imagine what he can do on a larger scale!"

Just my 2 cents for the day. Now I gotta go search my couch for more pennies.... :)

I like this Brother!! Lets keep on being united and lets pray for our brothers and sisters including ourselves so that we keep ourselves in Gods love.

"They have persecuted me, and they will persecute you." - Jesus

Although upsetting as it may be, this is also a happy thing. Our brothers and sisters are being mistreated, but for the right reason. We are doing what is expected, and Satan knows he has even less time than before. So he is gonna start going on an all out war even harder.

Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)