JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Alaska trip

Nice pictures, Jerry. I always wanted to go to Alaska but Grumpy hates the cold. :mellow:

Tell Grumpy it's NOT always cold. In fact just before Jerry came it was 90 degrees F. and above. It has been as high as 100 here in the interior. It was just perfect temps when Jerry was here. We ordered it for him.   :D

Edited by Chena345

Before the glaciers - the drive there was breathtaking. The highway follows the coast and the same route as the train. If you rented a car it is better to drive than the train so you can stop and take in the sites.

post-272-0-85615300-1376951551_thumb.jpg

Or this panoramic shot:

post-272-0-90610500-1376951574_thumb.jpg

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Now the glaciers. The water was crystal blue in the bay. Here is a shot of the water and water it looks like when a glaciers is completely emptied out:

post-272-0-91657400-1376951657_thumb.jpg

The glaciers are HUGE. Notice the size versus the boat:

post-272-0-02382600-1376951708_thumb.jpg

Same glacier, but with the boat in view - 

post-272-0-34453500-1376951721_thumb.jpg

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Back to Anchorage and our last day. We took that bicycle ride and the person renting the bikes said - don't worry about bears - worry aobut the moose. More people die from moose than bears   :eek: I suppose people are naturally afraid of bears (see recent news articles   :eek: ) but moose not so much. We did see several moose on our ride:

post-272-0-08807400-1376951944_thumb.jpg

Soon .....

Finally, our trip was over  :(

Back on the plane and flying home.

On our way we stopped in Seattle and then back to Vegas. Take a look at Mt Rainier in Seattle - beautiful. 

post-272-0-98077500-1376952141_thumb.jpg

I sat next to a lady and her son (Deb took the other isle seat across from me). She told me about her experience climbing Mt Rainier. I didn't realize it too is one of the more difficult mountains in the world to climb.

Finally, it was good to be home and pick up little Zoey and take him to our favorite park. Somehow, I enjoyed that as much as the rest of the trip. Back to our desert and the mountains. The view at the park:

post-272-0-91919600-1376952278_thumb.jpg

and our park:

post-272-0-47098600-1376952305_thumb.jpg

I am glad to share and look forward to hearing about your trips  :wave:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....