JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4025 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science

February 20, 2013 ● by James Thilman

Beards.

Gentlemen, they’re not just for hipsters and the homeless any more. While both dead sexy and totally awesome, beards are also a boon to your overall health. Researchers discovered that men with beards and moustaches actually enjoy numerous benefits including, but not limited to, instant handsomeness.

A study from the University of Southern Queensland, published in the Radiation Protection Dosimetry journal, found that beards block 90 to 95 percent of UV rays, thereby slowing the aging process and reducing the risk of skin cancer. Got asthma? Pollens and dust simply get stuck in that lustrous facial hair. Additionally, all that hair retains moisture and protects against the wind, keeping you looking young and fresh-faced. What’s more, shaving is usually the cause of ingrown hairs and bacterial infections that lead to acne.

Have you tossed your razor in the trash yet?

To conduct the study, researchers left bearded mannequins, along with less attractive, follically-challenged ones, in the blistering sun of the Australian outback and then compared the amount of radiation absorbed by each.

But don’t forget to take care of those blessed follicles; beards can also spread infection if not properly cared for and make consumption of certain foods (e.g. cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, falafel sandwiches—anything with hummus actually, bagel ‘n’ schmear, syrupy pancakes) rather laborious. Fuzzy-faced men would be wise to take advantage of beard wash and beard oil, essential tools for looking and feeling your beardy best.

Article Source: NewNowNext.com

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Remember, there is no "no beard rule" in the organization, just a taboo. Are we ready to finally put it behind us yet? :P

Since that is the only place on the head that some of us can grow hair, that is truly an important question. :)

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I'm not a fan.....

That being said, I spent this arvo researching beards as a householder insisted Jesus didn't have a beard as depicted on the memorial invite. If your going to have one please no zz top.

Please could you clarify what you mean I know this may sound blonde but what is the difference between taboo and a no policy no beard isn't it the same

i know no brother can get baptised with a beard one study had a cleft pallet and had to shave it off. It was very stressful and embarrassing for him.

no brother can hold any privileges if he grew a beard thats from mikes to prayer to m/s etc:perplexed:

we have two ministerial servants who both have a beard. One has a moustace and the other one a full beard.

And we have other brothers who are no elders or MS, have a beard, and do micro service, WT reading and so on. Four, I think.

There is no such ruling. :)

I was baptised with my beard intact 4 years ago... I have the privilege of attending, doing the magazines, mikes and conducting field service meetings, and I love doing those... All with a beard.

It is always neat exactly like every other part of be our dress should be.

... Im going to walk away from the beard thread again... I let myself get drawn in :)

Christian love to all

The bearded one

Stu - commenting in a beard thread :lol1:

That's like me commenting about MEAT!!

We just can't stay away :pistols:

I love you Stuart. Thanks for making me feel human and that I belong with the rest of the human race. I am not soo different after all :ecstatic:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Remember, there is no "no beard rule" in the organization, just a taboo. Are we ready to finally put it behind us yet? :P

In this previous discussion on beards

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?10,120170,page=3

I told you to grow a beard if you wanted to. This was your response to me:

1. I don't want one.

2. My wife doesn't want me to have one.

3. My goal is to be an asset to the congregation to the fullest extent possible, and my local body would probably frown on me growing one. I would rather be on the servant body than grow a beard.

Have you changed your mind on growing a beard? Curious minds would like to know. :lol2:

Maybe we should just keep one thread on this discussion as a sticky, lol.

:lol1::omg: and for Stu :taz: :taz: :taz:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Have you changed your mind on growing a beard? Curious minds would like to know. :lol2:

Aw, you Texans,always with the stirring up trouble, aye-yi-yi....:innocent:

and Stu, I think your peach fuzz looks ma-veluss......one of these days, you know, when you get a tad older, maybe you can grow a good proper one,what?...:raspberry:

Aw, you Texans,always with the stirring up trouble, aye-yi-yi....:innocent:

and Stu, I think your peach fuzz looks ma-veluss......one of these days, you know, when you get a tad older, maybe you can grow a good proper one,what?...:raspberry:

Don't call me a Texan, I am a Chicagoan!!!!!! I am in Texas due to a forced move. I am only in Texas til I can get my husband to take me out of here!!!! :pray:

So two people here, one from Austria and one from the UK have brothers with beards. So, is this taboo in the US only then?

one of the brothers (the one with the full beard) and his wife visited her sister who lives in the US (I think Miami), late eighties or early nineties. They often tell when they were in a meeting and people there just stared. And a little girl asked him: Are you really a brother? I've never seen a brother with a beard!" And he answered yes, I'm an elder. (He was at the time, but stepped back because of different reasons).

Here you can not even rove if you have a beard. i love the way the girl came out. i have never seen a serious brother here in Zambia and even in our literature with a beard too.in our magazines a person wit a one denotes a non-worshiper.

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

I would call moses, abraham and many others in our magazines with beards serious brothers. And Jesus has a beautiful beard on the front of the memorial/special talk invite that we are giving out this month.

Christian love to all... As I walk away... There is nothing to see here... Just walk away....

Itb be easier just to shave it off!

next there will be a rumour about bald heads, and I will have to wear a wig!

;)