JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witness memes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, one more.  This happened to me a few years back...well, not exactly.  I put my (Windows 6.5) phone on silent before the memorial started.  Apparently Windows thinks that "silent" doesn't apply to alarms.  It started going off during the talk.  I have hearing problems, so it took me a few seconds to realize it was me. But my phone was locked and somehow the alarm hindered my ability to get into it.  So, I went to plan B and managed to get that little demon quiet with extreme prejudice.  Needless to say, that phone didn't hurt anybody anymore shortly after that.  Cautionary tale: silent mode = not good enough. Turn phone off; take battery out; leave in car; ANYTHING but underestimate the power of a noisy device to disturb a sacred night.

post-4188-0-66884700-1397358311.jpg

That second one has happened to me so many times. My friends always have the convention before me and they always show me the releases before my assigned convention. How the tables have turned this year! I have it before them this year and I'm already planning on how to bother them. Haha.

Our previous CO told us that when he was new he was out in work with his CO & DO, who asked to be dropped off at a call. He miss understood and didn't go back to pick them up. The 2 brothers walked all the way back to the hall, just in time for afternoon service. :-)

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I think the Memorial season - at least for me - is sort of like JW New Year: it's conducive for reevaluating life and resolving to make giant (and/or unrealistic) changes...changes that often feel overwhelming within a few days, ultimately leading to the spiritual equivalent of camping on the couch in pajamas, watching a chick-flick marathon in the dark, and indulging in a gallon or two of ice cream straight from the container.

Hmmm. Would that qualify as "finding common ground" with people in the field?

postpardon+depression.jpg

"An idea,behavior,or style that spreads from person to person within a culture"A meme act as a unit for carrying cultural Ideas,Symbals,or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing,speech,gestures,Rituals or other imitate phenomena with a mimicked theme.

As far as this thread goes, if you read most of the other posts in it, you will see that by "Witness meme" we mean a humorous cartoon with a "Witness theme", or something related to Witnesses. Like Zeke's post above yours. 

Edited by Musky