JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Railway Crossings.

were I live is still a little country. We have these tracks in the middle of the suburbs. I have to go accross them. I am going through &the bells &lights start going. Boy it makes you heart race.

How many experience that regularly?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I live in the rurals/country/whatever you want to call it. We have many RR crossings that do NOT have cross rails. And, yes, I have been crossing one when the train was coming ... very uncomfortable.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Fiona as I was going through racing. The girls yelled out stop Mum. Its red stop. Lols

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I ride over the tracks every day on my way in to work. Fortunately, the trains usually run later in the day - so I am almost never stopped.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The most scarey place like this I have visited is Gibralta - that little piece of Britain off the end of Spain. There were no gates, just a pedestrian crossing at this wide road. When the lights showed red for folk on foot and flashed stop, you stood and waited with other people. A military jet plane then roared passed jet engines blazing nearly burning off your brows and lashes!! When your ears had stopped ringing and the pedestrian light said you could cross, I wobbled across with my knees knocking!! Their military and civil airport runway crosses the main street!

153017=8408-Gibralta.jpg

153017=8409-Gibraltamilitary.jpg

I gotta tell a train story about my daughter. Just a block or so from our KH is a railroad crossing and an intersection right together. There is no regular schedule so a train may come at any time. She was driving a 3/4 ton pickup and her attention was on the traffic in the intersection and not on the railroad. There were no barricades so you just have to take your chances. When she looked the other direction, why there was the train, right on her. She accelerated the truck just as the train struck her vehicle on the right rear. It threw her truck around and into the ditch headed the opposite way she had been heading. The train got stopped and other people were there to see if she was OK which she was, thankfully. She called her husband and said she'd be a little late 'cause she had an accident but didn't tell him what happened. When she got home, he looked at the truck's left side and said that he didn't see any damage. When he did see it, he asked what hit her--a car, no, bigger than that, a pickup, no bigger than that, was it a bus, no bigger than that, was it a grader, no bigger than that. Finally she told him she was hit by a train!!! and stopped it!! The next meeting at the hall, one of her friends was joking with her and said she'd make her do something. Laurie replied, You and who else! Remember, I stop trains.!! My tough little girl!

I live in the rural area and each time I venture out I also cross LIVE tracks.

This rail way is near a sea port that brings in supplies from all over.

When the lights go, I sit and wait for the trains to pass by. Sometimes it takes a long time.

A women was killed not more then two years ago. So I wait patiently until all clear.

We get these 40 or more carriage coal trains.

They often go pass at 3am &they make the ground shake. Feels like it.

I had to do a lot of training last year.

I took my girls to the station gave them strong instructions its not a play ground said stall with me. My 7yr. Descided to sit away from me. Well one these Coals.

Come through flying. You should have seen her face.It was pale. She came to me &said. Don't leave me mum. Taught her. Now she stays with me when we go out.