JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Day light savings

Do you like Daylight savings.

& why?

Just incase some friends may have forgotten.

It goes back 1hr. On the 7th.

I find it easier to get up earlier.

But its also getting cooler.

I do like it sometimes in summer. Get more of a chance to hit the water. (tu)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

We have been on daylight savings time since the 10th of March. Oh, by the way Gabe, if you turn your clock back as your post suggests, you may find your self out of time with the rest of us. Fall Back, Spring Forward.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Hmmmm. I was thinking about getting involved in this discussion, but I can't keep things straight involving time zones 1 or 2 hours different from my own. Talking about entire seasons different from mine would really be over my head. I will be following it with great interest. :rockon:

We have been on daylight savings time since the 10th of March. Oh, by the way Gabe, if you turn your clock back as your post suggests, you may find your self out of time with the rest of us. Fall Back, Spring Forward.

Aussie use to go back 1hr at the end of March roughly.

The people changed the month & dates.

Its made it a little confussing.

When the time goes 1hr forward..

I completely forgot an appoinment.

I heard some had forgot the meeting. Missed the talk lols..

Qld doesn't have Day light Savings

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Looks like Australia turns the clocks back in the spring and forward in the fall. Well, it's our spring and fall, but aren't the seasons reversed down there, too? Still, I never knew the time change was different!! I wonder if that goes for the whole southern hemisphere?

Here in Mexico we are turning our clocks forward Sat night. I was in the USA a month ago when they went forward there, now I have to go through it again!

NZ and Aussie must have synchronized their calendars because we change our clocks back tonight as well. The last couple of years it's much later than it used to be. autumn's definitely here now as the temperature's really dropping and the days are shortening.

It was still pitch black dark at 6.30 this morning when I got up to go to the elders school where I spent the whole day today. Some brothers were up at 4am and had to travel 3 hours to get there and then 3 hrs home again after the program finished at 5pm. At least we'll all have an extra hour of sleep tonight.

I do like the longer days of Daylight Saving Time. Sometimes that first morning or two is a little hard. :snoring:

Yes that first couple of days is pretty hard....but in the Fall.....oh how nice to "sleep in" an extra hour!

I still remember Paul Harvey's comment about a Farmer complaining to the government that the extra hour of daylight was burning up his crops and could they please change it back.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

New South Wales, Australia, puts clocks back in Autumn (now) and puts them forward in Spring (October). It's dark now at 6 pm whereas in the Summer we have daylight up to about 8 pm. Love those long summer days.

Long live though summer days Myree.

Autumn is pretty nice too the water is still fine.

Smooth like glass. It was yesterday.

My boys went for a surf today, there was a big storm out to sea and they saw one of those water spouts and it looked like it was directly over a container ship. These water spouts must have something to do with the oceans warming up, I've never seen so many of them lately!!

New South Wales, Australia, puts clocks back in Autumn (now) and puts them forward in Spring (October). It's dark now at 6 pm whereas in the Summer we have daylight up to about 8 pm. Love those long summer days.

It is interesting what a few degrees of the earths tilt will do to the length of days. We live on the 45* parallel north and the center of Australia is about 30* parallel south. We have light until almost 10 PM end of June for a short while and narrows down to 8 PM by the end of August. Our shortest days, end of Dec. get dark around 4:30 PM. Those are drab days indeed. Spring blooms are in full swing now but our March and April are all mixed up. March was nice and April so far is windy and rainnnnnnnyyyyy.

Lynn I find it interiging to know that the sun can still be shining at 10pm. I took a trip 2 years back to the furthest point In South Adelaide, called Yorke Peninusla,

the sun was still shining at 9.45 pm. I had spoken to family in NSW. there is about 2hrs different with the states. They were ready for bed.

It took some time to get used to.

Is it Antartica or the North Pole where the sun never goes to bed pretty much?

I love science & it fasinates me whatever the zones.

Is it Antartica or the North Pole where the sun never goes to bed pretty much?

Both South and North Pole down to the 60* Parallel of each experience up to 24 hrs of light during the summer.