JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Oh, Please Help Me

I am really getting a chance to see what my husband sees every night. We have an English teacher who has been coming in on Sunday afternoons to listen to our Blues eventmand last night he came in with a friend to drink a beer. He was dressed very casually and I commented on his attire because he usually comes in wearing a sports jacket and tie--which is unusual out here in the sticks. This timeline though--jeans and T-shirt. He repliesmto me "you like this huh? My wife got it form me as a birthday gag'. I went ahead wiping down the counters and said Well, it's working for you'. Meaning the casual attire. His friend laughed and said "see what I told you". Alls forgotten and when he stands up to leave, mind you I said he is an English tea her, --the caption on his shirt reads

"Grammer---it's everything! It's the difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts!"

I was rendered speechless at that point...

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Well, he insulted you, and it was ugly, and your husband needs to know. If I could, ever so gently, shut the door on this guy. I have had uncomfortable things such as this happen. I just said, without missing a beat, "Give me a break", head down and just kept moving like they were not there.

This situation, depending on how your husband would react, (mine, not all that well. To be blunt, I would be blamed, and I am a bit on in years) if he supports you, done deal, if not, no eye contact with him period. Conversing with him, not a question. No. He came into your home with the intent of insulting you. Oh, blood boiling. Some men. Jehovah will fix it, in the meantime.....

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

This system is just so disgusting. I have a spam filter on my email, but when I remove them I have to see if everything is really spam. I can tell from the subject if I want to read them and most are so disgusting that I feel like I need a bath after deleting them. I tried to open one so I could unsubscribe from the place they come from and couldn't even look to find the correct place because of the terrible suggestions that were written.

Can you just imagine how Jehovah and Jesus feel?

Unfortunately some good things from my friends end up in spam for some reason so I have to go there.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

He didn't insult you, unless he's insulting everyone.  The off color pun was printed on his shirt.   I'm not saying the shirt wasn't insulting, just that it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

It's hard to always choose your words, isn't it.  The world truly is ruined when you can't make a comment about anything without it getting twisted into a derogatory, dirty or off-color remark.

Sorry this happened to you,  Leslie.  It really shows that sometimes we have to choose our words carefully, especially in the work environment you are in.

It reminds me of the scripture that Jehovah's ways are higher than ours. I would feel like I was walking around naked if I had that shirt on. I would be so embrassed. How do you wear that and let small kids read it then have to explain it to your children what it means? I can remember when I would have thought this was funny-in my other life before I found that there really are higher thoughts

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Leslie just remember that you did nothing wrong. Here is the scriptural proof.

Titus 1:15All things are clean to clean [persons]. But to [persons] defiled and faithless nothing is clean, but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.16They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort.

If this idiot chooses to show his ignorance on his shirt - OH WELL! His choice.

Edited by pinkpopcorn

Well, he is correct, grammer is important....he just chose the wrong shirt slogan to get his point across and it demeans him, not you..

'Let's go eat Grandma'

'Let's go eat, Grandma'

dont sweat it, he lowered himself in your eyes by exposing his quality of thought....lower your contact limits with him till he regains some class....and suggest to him that his wife did him no favors by buying him that shirt....

The James Bond movies became well known for their use of the double entendre. Dictionary says: ambiguity of meaning arising from language that lends itself to more than one interpretation; a word or expression capable of two interpretations with one usually risque'.

In the case of agent 007, it was somewhat clever, and a person might quietly ask themselves "Is it just me - or did he just say what I think he said". If creative enough, it left room for not really being sure.

Your guest didn't meet that level of creativity. His gag T-shirt was just hillbilly humor. You see that junk all the time on shirts, baseball caps and bumper stickers. Low sink of debauchery. Maybe he only wore it once to make his wife happy, since she gave it to him.

Well, he is correct, grammer is important....he just chose the wrong shirt slogan to get his point across and it demeans him, not you..

'Let's go eat Grandma'

'Let's go eat, Grandma'

dont sweat it, he lowered himself in your eyes by exposing his quality of thought....lower your contact limits with him till he regains some class....and suggest to him that his wife did him no favors by buying him that shirt....

Yes yes and again yes. My thoughts exactly

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I am really getting a chance to see what my husband sees every night. We have an English teacher who has been coming in on Sunday afternoons to listen to our Blues eventmand last night he came in with a friend to drink a beer. He was dressed very casually and I commented on his attire because he usually comes in wearing a sports jacket and tie--which is unusual out here in the sticks. This timeline though--jeans and T-shirt. He repliesmto me "you like this huh? My wife got it form me as a birthday gag'. I went ahead wiping down the counters and said Well, it's working for you'. Meaning the casual attire. His friend laughed and said "see what I told you". Alls forgotten and when he stands up to leave, mind you I said he is an English tea her, --the caption on his shirt reads

"Grammer---it's everything! It's the difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts!"

I was rendered speechless at that point...

Leslie, I'm seeing here that his wife was actually NOT with him for this maiden t-shirt voyage. Was she too embarrassed?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34