JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jw Archive At It Agian

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4008 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When my son was at Bethal he got his copy of the new books etc. early I think. Could be wrong, once again. :huh:

Bethelites (at least in London), get the new releases the week of the first convention.

When I was in Bethel for MTS we did our work hour in the factory and shipping area.  This was in May.  Many boxes stacked up with the letters "ip2".  We knew they were the new releases that year.  One brother kindly encourged us to work in another area. 

On our old forum it was revealed he also publishes discouraging stuff about disfellowshipped ones that he should not. That he does not vet bad news reports about us and published fake news, such as the report of the Nigerian road accident involving folk who turned out not to be our brothers. that he provides links to dodgy possibly apostate websites, Why? Deos he like discouraging us? He apparently has thousands of followers on his differently named site on Facebook - sad that they aren't more discerning.

What's the motive of a person who likes to get ahead of Bethel and the elders in announcing stuff he should leave for them to announce. His ego is ahead of his respect of authority - "Never mind waiting for Bethel or the Faithful Discreet Slave to inform the elders, come to me".It's acting just like' Absalom at the gate' undermining Jehovah's representative -  King David's - authority getting the people to come to him for pronouncements instead.I wouldn't feed his ego reading his stuff, he's putting himself in a questionable position and I don't want to seem as if I support his presumptuous ways.

For a while the Watchtower published the list of talks of program on the back of the magazine before the convention.  From that you could try guess the subject matter of a new release, mainly because new releases were made in the last talk of the day.  We used to guess and it was fun to see if we got it right.

i dont think there is anything wrong with trying to guess releases :blink: , or discussing it here :o , i think some of us may have an idea from the information we have what possible releases there maybe :)  , but that maybe wrong :wacko:  and thats the point, it builds excitement because we dont know :wacko: , it means we look forward to the convention :huh: , to what food is being prepared, but to print what the new releases are is wrong :angry:  so i wont  be going to the site :headphones: ,i will just will wait and see at our convention... roll on the 21st 22nd 23rd june...  :)

i dont think there is anything wrong with trying to guess releases :blink: , or discussing it here :o , i think some of us may have an idea from the information we have what possible releases there maybe :) , but that maybe wrong :wacko: and thats the point, it builds excitement because we dont know :wacko: , it means we look forward to the convention :huh: , to what food is being prepared, but to print what the new releases are is wrong :angry: so i wont be going to the site :headphones: ,i will just will wait and see at our convention... roll on the 21st 22nd 23rd june... :)

I don't think the problem is trying to guess the releases... I'm eager to know too... The problem is that guy posting unauthorised informations on a public site (it's different than jwtalk because this has a members only section)... Informations that includes even outlines of the speeches! And in the middle it shows apostate propaganda also

Btw, I used to sign his newsletter (the librarian I guess) when I didn't knew what it was and now I can't get rid of it... I marked it as spam but now and then keeps coming

I don't think the problem is trying to guess the releases... I'm eager to know too... The problem is that guy posting unauthorised informations on a public site (it's different than jwtalk because this has a members only section)... Informations that includes even outlines of the speeches! And in the middle it shows apostate propaganda also

Btw, I used to sign his newsletter (the librarian I guess) when I didn't knew what it was and now I can't get rid of it... I marked it as spam but now and then keeps coming

I agree with you 100 percent.

Edited by trottigy

Fix quote