JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jw Archive At It Agian

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4008 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Ok, I looked :blushing: .  All sound plausible, and we have discussed the possible release of new tracts here, but these were just guesses.

But if he does know, then HOW does he know?  No one has had a convention yet, and releases are made Bethel speakers.

Edited by Jonathan77

If he got access to this it's because someone with access to the program of the convention has passed him this information... clearly someone with responsibilities on the organisation is not loyal...

Every year I hear stories of the entire program being posted... what about the elder letters?

It's no use to say they can't what we can do is stay away of those sites... Most of the times it seems they post only good news but in between there is always apostate material

I think i'm correct in saying that the convention overseer or chairman receives the outlines and manuscripts for the entire program, just in case a backup is needed.  But who ever has leaked it must be a person with high responsibilities. 

If he is right, then I'm quite excited.

Last year he posted the so-called "releases", and I told others in my congregation about them. He was wrong, I had to them the information I gave them wrong.  So I'm keeping it to myself this time.

I think i'm correct in saying that the convention overseer or chairman receives the outlines and manuscripts for the entire program, just in case a backup is needed. But who ever has leaked it must be a person with high responsibilities.

If he is right, then I'm quite excited.

Last year he posted the so-called "releases", and I told others in my congregation about them. He was wrong, I had to them the information I gave them wrong. So I'm keeping it to myself this time.

The new releases may not be the same for every country... or are they?

Sometimes new releases are not the same in other countries. What is sad about this they, are releasing Elder's Letters and things that are going to happen in the near future. Yes, there are some Judas in the congregations. They have no interest for others, but only for themselves.

I don't know exactly, but maybe some countries receive the new publications later, but never something entirely different. 

A couple of years ago when the "Listen to God and live forever" brochure was released we here in Ireland also got an Irish language version "Éist le Dia agus mair go deo".  Brothers in other countries wouldn't have got the Irish version.

Last year he posted the so-called "releases", and I told others in my congregation about them. He was wrong, I had to them the information I gave them wrong.  So I'm keeping it to myself this time.

I recall that last year, JW Archive had a post about convention releases. I believe it was after the first conventions in the US. I don't recall what the so-called new releases were, but it turned out they were only half-right.

One of the new "releases" for 2012 I do remember: It was to be a new version of the New World Translation. DId anyone ever see that?

There was a post on the old forum just before it became all shiny and new and when I looked into it, not knowing it wasn't common knowledge, someone had posted a letter to the Body of Elders dated April 2013 on the Internet.

The post was subsequently removed before it caused further damage, but I hate that I looked.  My brother who is an elder has hinted to me that there is something exciting to happen later in the year. I play dumb because, well, it was a letter to the Body of Elders, and I shouldn't know about it.  But Brother Leaky has copied it to the Internet.

I like spoilers and can't resist, but this isn't meant for anyone but the elders just yet.  :(

I thought NZ had already had a convention in January?

Sorry, I missed this. I started reading this thread when it first started but never came back 'til now.

Actually we get to have 2 conventions this year, but we didn't have one last year at all, at least not during the calendar year from Jan-Dec.

I thought NZ had already had a convention in January?

The convention season starts in May.  Those districts that hold a convention in December-January are the last ones for that convention program.  Most of the organization have had their convention by the time those southern-hemisphere friends finally have theirs during their summer in Dec-Jan.

I don't know exactly, but maybe some countries receive the new publications later, but never something entirely different. 

Some countries don't have the NWT at all, yet.  What was the country in the CO video that just got theirs? Was it Rwanda?  That would have been a release unique to their convention that year.

Congregation Elders do not receive any correspondence from the branch as to what the releases will be at a district convention.... Ever...Most releases are presented by visiting speakers such as the governing body ... Bethel speakers .... District overseers .. Circuit overseers etc... Not likely candidates for spilling the beans... The district overseer is usually the assembly overseer..

Every year in bethel there is a section of publications that is off limits... And under wraps..

The convention program is online and you can't tell from it as to what will be released...

So somewhere along the train of printing... Shipping ... Handling of either the program outlines or the the actual publication would be my guess the leak occurs..

But most times I find the speculation is wrong... So it's really not leak at all ... Just somebody dreaming...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

He can be anyone that resembles the plastic man of the fantastic 4... One that can dinner in two tables at the same time, one leg on each table, stretching himself for both tables and taking every bit of news from both tables to both tables...

Do you know such a guy? ;)

When my son was at Bethal he got his copy of the new books etc. early I think. Could be wrong, once again. :huh:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

When my son was at Bethal he got his copy of the new books etc. early I think. Could be wrong, once again. :huh:

About 3 years ago i had to do a demonstration using the "Was Life created" brochure on the Saturday morning at the DC. (I was the householder).

The brochure was released the previous day (Friday).

The elder, from our hall, giving the talk involving the demonstration, was given a copy of the brochure many weeks in advance. So on that occasion i saw it early.