JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How To Post A Picture / Gif?

Message added by Brother_Bliss

This article is out of date. The instructions in this post were for a previous software version that we are no longer using. - Bob

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone.

I feel very bad for asking this dumb question, but....

Can anybody help me understand how to "Upload" a picture - in a PM?

I saw the excellent example pictures Jerry put on the first post of this Topic, and  the 1st step says to

1. Use the FULL VERSION and select "More Reply Options"

But where we write a Message in a PM there is no "MORE REPLY OPTIONS"?

Or at least I do not see it?

So maybe there is another method for "Uploading" pictures in Personal/Private Messages(PM)?

:help:

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

How about - using the FULL VERSION - look for "use full editor" lower right:

post-272-0-13475100-1403993017_thumb.png

And then look for upload:

post-272-0-89243800-1403993077_thumb.png

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the pictures.

However I had written that I had seen your good pictures on this Post already and these were helpful, but for Posts only.

For a PM there is no "MORE REPLY OPTIONS'  button?

Is it maybe because I do not have permission yet?

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

On the right side of the "post" button you should see "Use Full Editor" button. Click on that and you come to the place to upload a picture.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

That was in the PM section. But again it is the FULL VERSION and not the mobile one.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Thank You Jerry & Sister Vernalee,

When I press 'Use Full Editor"

the next screen looks on the bottom like this:

[sEND MESSAGE]  [PREVIEW MESSAGE] or Cancel

But there is no button that says "Upload"

and the good picture Jerry showed, the 2nd Picture, of the screen

"COMPOSE REPLY"

I can get to this screen but there is nothing about

"ATTACH FILES"

there is only what I put above in big letters

So I have tried

"Use Full Editor" and just the buttons I listed above show

I have tried

"Compose New Letter"

and this is all it says,

[sEND MESSAGE]  [PREVIEW MESSAGE] [ SAVE(Send Later) ] or Cancel

This is on my PC, and not on a phone.

So I am confused :( 

But thank you both for trying to help me!  :)

:wub: sorry it isn't working for you. I have noticed some don't always have all the same features.

Some talk about "blocking" but I don't have that. Oh we'll, we will have to get with our site guy and have him look into it.

EDIT: hey, what operating system are you using. I notice apple shows differently for some reason. Even full version on an iPad is different. I just checked the PM part on an iPad and it is there - like picture above.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

• 10 months later...

I thought I would add some screen shots for the mobile version.

We can't add attachments using the mobile version - SO, you have to switch to the FULL VERSION. I recommend you go to the post you want to comment in FIRST and then switch. Right below the post button is the FULL VERSION button - see here ->

post-272-0-01197400-1432832625_thumb.png

Now that you have switched look at the bottom right of the comment area:

post-272-0-95151100-1432832868_thumb.png

Once you select the MORE REPLY OPTIONS you should see the chose file button:

post-272-0-96076200-1432832917_thumb.png

As with the desktop version - After you chose your file you have to wait for it to upload. You should see the spinning arrow. Once uploaded - THEN you can click ADD TO POST.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

• 9 months later...

Now you just click on the paper clip or words "click to choose files" and add the pictures that way.

Screenshot_20160304-115932.thumb.png.9f6

Soon .....

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2016 at 3:00 PM, trottigy said:

Now you just click on the paper clip or words "click to choose files" and add the pictures that way.

Screenshot_20160304-115932.thumb.png.9f6

Whenever I do that I always get a message saying that I am only allowed 0.98MB. I tried to use programs online to resize it but couldn't follow it. Is there anyway that I can resize it with the Editor?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 minutes ago, trottigy said:

MsPaint will let you realize really easily.

So if the picture is  say 1200x2200 pixels, or, 2.96 MB, I always get hung up on what size to choose that will fit the post.

Is there a pixel limit , or way to know what  to resize it to?

Thank you..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Okay, sorry for posting Sophie here...well if it works. I have been trying to put this picture on another topic & couldn't get it to work.

anyway this is my Pomeranian/poodle/papillon Sophie. (If it works) 

IMG_0086.JPG

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”