JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Usa) District Convention Tv Interview

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3963 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

already posted on the pinned thread about the convention ;)

But in this forum the public can view it without having to be a registered member. ;-)

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Thats a great interview. Thanks for sharing :)

Was that convention this weekend? Or was it last? Before tornado's?

Right before the tornados! One brother we know who attended said that the convention had just concluded on Sunday when the first sirens went off. And that was the day before the real disaster.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Right before the tornados! One brother we know who attended said that the convention had just concluded on Sunday when the first sirens went off. And that was the day before the real disaster.

I have a small doubt.  Normally  before any disaster , people get  warning well before about the impending disaster.  This time were there any warnings from the authorities about the tornado?   Because I find even school children were affected which means they were not aware that the tornado is about to strike.   Thanks

Agape

already posted on the pinned thread about the convention ;)

Sorry Chuck :o

after all there's a big difference being in a public forum because this is a very nice interview and a good testimony :)

btw, never saw a tie like that one on the brother giving a talk - very nice ;)

Sorry Chuck :o

after all there's a big difference being in a public forum because this is a very nice interview and a good testimony :)

btw, never saw a tie like that one on the brother giving a talk - very nice ;)

No problem, you were right, I didn't see that it was already posted. But then Bob reminded me that it was in the private section and it would be good to have it available for the public. :)

That was a really nice interview.

Refreshing approach from the media.

Thanks for Posting Musky.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Rajan,

Unlike hurricanes that take their time forming and then traveling in from the ocean to cause their damage, tornadoes do not come with that kind of time. Sometimes there are "indicators" that a tornado "could" form, but that does not mean it "will" form. For this reason, people who live in tornado prone areas cannot cancel daily activities every time the "possibility" of a tornado comes around or they would never get anything done.

When a tornado of this magnitude happens, it usually does not give much time between when it forms and when people need to flee - that is why it catches so many seemingly unprepared. They quite literally "drop out of the sky", do their damage, then disappear. There is no way for the ones who give the warnings to tell before a tornado form just how severe a particular storm will be ... thus the damage and the injuries.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Thanks John you taught me something new.

The difference between Torndoes &Hurricanes.

I have seen the movie Twister. Those dtorm chasers are brave.

I has seen out to see the whirly tubes. Never seen what they can do.

Early this year there was was a Tornadoe at Kiama 1/2hr drv south.

At our circut assembly they interved the brothers from that area.

One had to be woken from sleep to say he'd lost the roof of his house.

There are a few builders that help with the houses & one got a big piece of glass

In his eye. We went to see another area were it is all bush &shrubs.

There is just one stretch long & wide from this tornadoe. Trees are crushed. Shredded.

Of course nothing as bad as Oklahoma.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thanks Bro. John for the clarification.  Actually in India  tornado never happens and we are not aware  anything about the same.  As you said,   it seems very dangerous   - sudden  impact -   and being caught unaware - (may be like  impending Armegeddon or  Great

Tribulation).

My heartfelt prayers for those affected. 

agape

Agape