JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Family Growing!

Congratulations! Here is my advice.

(1 Peter 3:1) . . .In like manner, YOU wives, be in subjection to YOUR own husbands, in order that, if any are not obedient to the word, they may be won without a word through the conduct of [their] wives,

(1 Peter 3:7) . . .YOU husbands, continue dwelling in like manner with them according to knowledge, assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one, since YOU are also heirs with them of the undeserved favor of life, in order for YOUR prayers not to be hindered.

So Vinson, listen to Savanna and take her feelings into consideration when making decisions. Savanna, do as you are told. Then you should have a happy and successful marriage.  :)

Edited by Purple Triangle

Hummm, let's see ....the secret to a happy marriage is, well, it's a secret !

Looking forward to the pictures, are they writing their own vows you can share!?

Leslie, they are a very simple couple, having a "country style"wedding (mason jars and all).

The vows are the ones provided in the outline from the faithful slave.

MARRIAGE VOWS (w84 4/15 p. 14) (3 min.)

[usually administered by one legally authorized as marrying agent]
Groom is to repeat:
“I take you to be my wedded wife, to love and to cherish in accordance with the divine
law as set forth in the Holy Scriptures for Christian husbands, for as long as we both
shall live together on earth according to God’s marital arrangement.”
Bride is to repeat:
“I take you to be my wedded husband, to love and to cherish and deeply respect, in
accordance with the divine law as set forth in the Holy Scriptures for Christian wives, for
as long as we both shall live together on earth according to God’s marital arrangement.”

The brother giving the wedding discourse is a very dear friend of mine who five and a half years ago gave the funeral discourse for our oldest son (16 at the time).  (That's a whole other story Drema can relate to you in another setting)
I told him on the phone a few nights ago that this was a much better way to impose upon him.  He buried my oldest, married off the next, hopefully we can send the youngest to Bethel...to which he agreed.

Anyway, both have good goals kingdom wise,  Content living a simple life.  They are working at getting her to pioneer and them maybe him.
They have not gotten caught up in all the frills of the wedding scene and are going to have a great wedding surrounded by the best people we know...fellow servants of Jah!

Thank you for explaining that to me. U have never been to a wedding for JW's.

I love the thought of covered dish reception and not catered. To me stress free is best. I think it is ridiculos to spend a large amount of money on a dress that most wear one time.

Y mother sewed mine and it was as nice as any you would fine.

I don't understand all the showers anymore. Twice now I have been given invitations for the groom. First time I thought it was a mistake but told no that is common now. Really? They said small tools equipment to maintain the house, yard etc was perfectly acceptable! Well I guess so. Then there are personal and household and couple showers for the same wedding! Four shower invitations to the same wedding is overkill IMHO.

I think a little struggling starting out is romantic!! Making do is nothing embarrassing and won't kill you. When I look back we were the happiest with the necessities. Too little -as when we were in the salvation army shelter was too hard, humiliating, and stressful. Too much as when we had a 48 ft chris craft yacht slipped in Marina Del Rey was concentrating on stuff instead of each other. Best when we had just enough.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I wish I could LIKE Lynns post 3 more times. I have bought really nice gifts for weddings, only to find them in a yard sale the next year. With money they can buy what they want and need. Only I might use a sympathy card.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I usually make an afghan that the two can cuddle in together. A handmade gift is almost never thrown out or given away. People are so surprised because we are so not 'hands on' communities any longer.

Here is my advice for the couple.

When troubles come

And they always will

Remember what made you

Fall in love to begin with.

Talk about your feelings

And together you will be in love again.

post-556-0-53675200-1369744234.gifGo to bed, Leslie. I'll let ya know when the pictures come in. You need to take care of Rick, and the bar.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Perfect day, lovely setting, outside of an apple orchard looking across the valley onto the blue ridge mountains of Virginia.

Speaker delivered the most heartfelt wedding talk I have ever heard.

Food beyond compare,  over 160 of our closest friends, Two best friends now united as one.

What more can I say Leslie, except we wish you and others of our extended friends could have been there!

The photographer said she would be getting with us soon as to getting us pictures, and others took some.  I was not able (did not realize that the father of the groom would be so busy).  We will  get them posted as soon as we have some.

This was the first wedding held at this venue.  The person running it was amazed at how smoothly everything went, and was even more amazed at the quality and quantity of the food.  She was floored by the orderliness of all in attendence.

It's a shame her first wedding was for Jehovah's Witnesses,  because the rest can't measure up!

I agree with the comments about gifts. I like the card and money idea. A young couple I know will be married on June 8th. They have requested no gifts because they will be going back to central Mexico where he was working in Spanish speaking territory, and teaching English to support himself.

However I wanted to give something small and personal. She stays with us when she's visiting the groom-to-be and his grandfather. She is so quiet that we seldom know when she comes and goes, except for her shoes outside her bedroom door. It's something we joke about now. So I took a picture of her shoes, picked up a 4 inch frame at a garage sale last weekend and the caption on the picture will read "we'll look for your shoes outside your door". It will have meaning for them but not to a thief.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34