JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace And Security For Middle East

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3651 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is a more recent article here http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/08/18/%E2%80%98million-muslim-march%E2%80%99-scheduled-911-currently-has-57-supporters-facebook#ixzz2ceAhToh1 that states: "However, the group's plan might be a little too ambitious.  American Muslim Political Action Committee (AMPAC), based in Kansas City, Missouri, has just 57 supporters signed up for the September 11 event on Facebook."  But then there is this article here http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/08/23107-hundreds-of-bikers-will-stage-a-counter-protest-against-million-muslim-march-on-dc-this-september-11/ that asserts "Bikers" will stage a massive protest against the AMPAC protest.  Who knows... all this chaos!  Good thing guns are illegal in Washington, otherwise there would be lots of shooting.  Well... you know... :upsidedown:

Yeah, 1,000 people + "bikers" that should raise the total to what - 1,100  :lol1:

Anyway, I will keep my eyes out for the TREMENDOUS story this will make.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 months later...

The negotiation between two parties was agreed at 19th of July 2013 + 9 months will take us to 16th of April 2014. The Jewish Passover number 1. Starts from 14th till 22nd of April 2014.it is very interesting all this peace plan will finish in the middle of Jewish Passover. Here is the link confirming of resume peace talks between Israel and Palestine.JULY 19, 2013: http://m.voanews.com/a/1709379.html

It looks like it might not even make it HALF way - http://www.smh.com.au/world/middle-east-peace-process-nears-collapse-20131113-2xf86.html

Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas has warned that he will declare the peace process over unless Israel cancels tenders for nearly 20,000 new settler homes.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/middle-east-peace-process-nears-collapse-20131113-2xf86.html#ixzz2kTicBelh

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Here is now some interesting part. It seems Israel now are shifting for peace talk with US, Iran and Palestines.

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/20131112224440988489

"Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ordered a reassessment of plans to build nearly 24,000 settler homes, saying he feared an international outcry that would divert attention from Israel's lobbying against a nuclear deal with Iran."

• 1 month later...

And here comes the Pope.

The POPE Francis announced that he would travel to Israel, the West Bank and Jordan on May 24-26, his first visit to the Holy Land and one that comes amid a new US push for peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

Francis told people gathered in the rain for his weekly Sunday blessing that he was announcing, "in the climate of joy that is typical of the Christmas season," the three-day visit to Amman, Bethlehem and Jerusalem. It is the only trip so far confirmed for 2014 and the second foreign trip of Francis' pontificate, following his 2013 visit to Brazil for World Youth Day.

Francis said the prime aim is to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the historic meeting in Jerusalem between Pope Paul VI and the then-spiritual leader of the world's Orthodox Christians, Ecumenical Patriarch Atengora.

Francis will be joined by the current ecumenical patriarch, Bartholomew. They will celebrate Mass together at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where the faithful believe Jesus was crucified and buried, Francis said.

But the visit will also underscore Francis's close ties to the Jewish community and the Vatican's longstanding call for peace between Israel and the Palestinians. The announcement was made just as US Secretary of State John Kerry wrapped up three days of talks with Israeli and Palestinian leaders in a new US bid for peace.

In his Christmas address last month, Francis singled out the Holy Land for prayers, saying "Bless the land where you chose to come into the world, and grant a favorable outcome to the peace talks between Israelis and Palestinians," Francis said on December 25.

The Argentine Jesuit will be the fourth pope to visit the Holy Land: Paul visited in 1964, John Paul II in 2000, and Benedict XVI in 2009.

http://www.news.com.au/world/pope-francis-to-visit-amman-bethlehem-and-jerusalem-in-the-holy-land-from-may-24-to-26/story-fndir2ev-1226795421563

This would certainly be A disgusting thing (the Pope being the most visible leader of Babylon the Great) standing in a holy place, but not necessarily THE disgusting thing referred to in the Bible.

I can just see the Pope standing up during, or shortly after this visit, and proudly proclaiming "Peace and security!"

Edited by niall

Regardless of what is currently taking place in the middle east (Israel peace nego.) Nations are pursuing and definetly talking about peace..  something will happen soon regarding Peace and Security proclamation ... not much time left for this system ... Jehovah God in his kindness informs us about it. (Jehovah God did not have to include prophecy about Peace and Security in the Bible..  He gave us so many details ...how loving on his part... )

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=46942&Cr=palestin&Cr1=#.UtsBs9Lnat8

2014 is now the International Year of Solidarity with the Palestine People

16 January 2014 – The United Nations today launched the International Year of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, with senior officials urging that the observance be used to redouble efforts to achieve a durable peace between Israel and Palestine

General Assembly President John Ashe told today’s meeting that he hoped the Year leads to “robust” support for the people of Palestine. “I am sure I speak for many when I say that I hope the Year helps foster an atmosphere of dialogue and mutual understanding between the two sides of this decades-long conflict,” he said.

“We live in an international context that requires cooperation among all parties, entities and beings to find solutions to the challenges facing the human family. There are no exceptions; Israel and Palestine must find agreement on the conditions in which they can live side by side in peace and security.”

UN officials, including Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, have noted that 2014 could be a an important year in the Middle East peace process, if both sides are willing to take bold steps and refrain from actions that undermine progress in the peace talks that resumed last year.

“Now is the time for vision, compromise and deepening of respect. Let us make this year – 2014 – the decisive year for achieving peace between Israel and Palestine,” said Mr. Ashe. “I implore all those who have a stake in this outcome – Governments, international organizations, and people everywhere – to do their part.”

That would TRULY be a miracle, especially when one considers there are approximately 2.6 million Muslims in the US total.

To have ONE million go to Washington DC would be almost a 40% participation rate. Considering how splintered they are in so many various sects of Muslim, I wonder how many will actually turn out. I will be surprised to see more than say 10,000 or so.

WAIT - this isn't about Muslims ->

This is about conspiracy theories regarding the 9/11 attack and that it was perpetrated by the US government. Now, I am going to say that even LESS show up for that! Why?

1. How many people who believe the government is behind the 9/11 attacks - small

2. Of that small number - how many want the government to know who they are by showing up in mass to a protest - won't that make them the next target?

3. A small percentage of the small number is really small.

That small number may be larger than you think. I am surprised to see how surprised people are when they see video about our organization. One of their shocks involves how many we are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

That small number may be larger than you think. I am surprised to see how surprised people are when they see video about our organization. One of their shocks involves how many we are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

If you do a search you'll see 25 people TOTAL showed up :lol1:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Muslim_March

Soon .....

• 2 months later...

OUCH - 9 months of negotiations!! That is a long time for neither side to do something stupid.

I wonder if there are odds some place on how long it will actually last.

Yep - http://durangoherald.com/article/20130813/NEWS03/130819839/Odds-of-successful-Mideast-peace-talks-even-worse-than-they-were-in-2008-

Apparently TOO long   :yes:

Kerry in Israel as peace talks near collapse

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/foreign/01-Apr-2014/kerry-in-israel-as-peace-talks-near-collapse

With his work cut out, Kerry is likely to hold meetings in Jerusalem and the West Bank town of Ramallah on Monday and Tuesday. US State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Kerry’s team had been working with both parties to “agree on a path forward”. “After consulting with his team, Secretary Kerry decided it would be productive to return to the region,” she told reporters in Paris shortly before departing for Tel Aviv.  Washington has been fighting an uphill battle to coax the two sides into accepting a framework proposal which would extend the negotiations beyond April 29 to the end of the year.

But the question of extending the talks has become intricately tied up with the fate of the 26 prisoners. Just a day ahead of the expected releases, Israel said it would not free detainees convicted of deadly attacks unless the Palestinians would commit to extending the negotiations.

They can't even agree on how to agree :nope:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....