JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Epub Reader.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3144 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My wife likes Mantano reader. It's so so. Moon is so so. I haven't tried FBReader yet.

I think epub readers really lack in the proper display of photos and information, and annotations stink. This is probably what keeps me using PDF's with the ever so awesome ezPDF Reader.

Matano Reader is the one I use for studying the epub versions of our magazines and books, etc, It is the best for highlighting and underlining and all other annotations. But, if I'm just reading a book where I don't need these abilities, I use FB Reader. I find it faster and simpler to use. 

If it did multi color underlining then it would be great!

I'm not sure what you mean. I can change the color of the underlining quickly in Montano? I use different colors for the "A" and "B" answers, etc. 

On my transformer when I open any mag or book, I am asked what program to use, then it asks just this time or always. I say always to open with Mantano Reader and I can read both PDF and EPub. I find the PDF is smaller writing so I usually download the EPub. Also when I download in JWReader they go directly to MR. 

All of this is very confusing to me. I know of ePub because of JW.Org. Period. I am serious here. How else does one use it? I just wait until the organization loads a book in ePub, and I am in business. I feel like I am in never never land, and everyone else is in, "there, done it land". A tad illiterate. Just a tad. Can we have classes?

I think epub readers really lack in the proper display of photos and information, and annotations stink. This is probably what keeps me using PDF's with the ever so awesome ezPDF Reader.

Should have bought an iPad!  :uhhuh:

iBooks has notes, highlighting in several colours, underlining and pictures can be made bigger, all in epub files..

Should have bought an iPad!  :uhhuh:

iBooks has notes, highlighting in several colours, underlining and pictures can be made bigger, all in epub files..

Maybe that is what is going on. Am using iPad. But then, I think I should use the trusty computer on this site. Feel like I miss things.