JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New techniques to use in our field ministry! ​🤣​

Brother_Bliss

I hope you find some benefit with these: 

1) "I'm not interested."

You might say: "Well, many feel the same way. And they're called goats in the Bible. Let me share with you a scripture that talks about the fate of those goats. (Read Matthew 25:46) Do you want to get cut off?"

2) "I have my own religion."

You might say: "Yeah... and I have MY own religion too. See, I'm what you call a "Christian" (Be sure to bob your index and middle fingers in the air when saying Christian". It makes them feel so stupid)/ You know what "Christians" do? They "preach" to people. Those that ...don't preach" to people are called "goats" in the Bible. Do you want to know what happens to "goats"?" (Then, proceed as in number one above).

3) "I'm too busy."

You might say: "No you're not. You were probably in there watching TV or something. Don't lie to me. You know who the father of the lie is? It's Satan. Is he your daddy? Well... I think he is!"

4) "I'll read your literature if you'll read mine."

You might say: "Hey. This isn't a hostage negotiation here. I'm here to preach to YOU. Now, if you want to preach to ME, you'll have to get up off YOUR lazy bottom, and come knock on MY door on a Saturday morning. But don't bother, because I'm NOT INTERESTED in your beliefs, because I HAVE MY OWN RELIGION, and I'M TOO BUSY in the work of the Lord to READ YOUR LITERATURE IF YOU'LL READ MINE!" Then, slam THEIR door in THEIR face.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 2 weeks later...

It's very funny >:D

I think..... I will use this:lol1:

Ciprian! It's your first post!

:welcome:

Glad to have you aboard! We hope you enjoy it here!

I also am glad you figured out how to upload an avatar / profile picture to display above your name. Many people have trouble with it because of the image size restrictions.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Wow! This is exactly what every witness since the beginning of time has thought of saying when we get these so-called "conversation stoppers" but knew they could never say.  Seeing it in print really released a TON of stress!  Plus I laughed a lot so that probably released a ton of stress. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Maybe, as we wait and see if the Reasoning book gets updated these could be some of the added material under Conversation Stoppers.

One I used at a meeting demo...what not to say...

"I am sorry, I'm Catholic"

"I can understand why you would be sorry with all we read in the news today, that's why I'm here..."

This is so funny!  Sometimes, I feel stresses in the ministry, and I place strain on myself -

Do not like that uptight feeling! -  just viewing this sure makes me feel less stress!  Makes you :lol: