JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A typo found in the new NWT 2013 ooops

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3668 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

when scriptures go backwards ,my dad found this everyone go to page 267 and look at the top right where they have the chapter and verses covered it reads numbers 35:37- 33:22, this is a rare collectors addition nobody mess this one up. :D

oops 2013 edition lol

Edited by maladee

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

I was wondering if the GB wants us to point out any "oops" we find, or just let love cover it over. A mistake now and then doesn't bother me; it just reminds me that none of us are perfect yet. That being said, do they want to correct them in future printings? Or is that just way too much trouble in these last minutes we are living in?

If you double .. Triple check .. And ask a few others then...Send them a note.. Not a problem...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

it is no big deal .it happens does not change the bibles meaning ,just keep this one it will be worth big money :D joking nobody get offended

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

WE mentioned this to one of our elders tonight, and he gave us the phone number to Bethel to report it immediately. Does anyone want this? After all, we didn't actually find the "oops"

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

A couple of my daughter noticed some "bad registration" in the printing. This is not really an "oops" as much as some "normal" adjustments needed while the printing is being done. But, at the speed that press runs while printing the Bible signatures, it is a wonder that the registration is not off more than the little they noticed.

BTW - the ones who noticed this - one is a machine operator and the other is a pressman at a local newspaper - that's why they notice this sort of thing.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

At least it is not like this translation ..lol

post-2074-0-07895800-1381465774.jpg

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

I was wondering if the GB wants us to point out any "oops" we find, or just let love cover it over. A mistake now and then doesn't bother me; it just reminds me that none of us are perfect yet. That being said, do they want to correct them in future printings? Or is that just way too much trouble in these last minutes we are living in?

They do want to make corrections. That's why many of our recent publications have "2009 printing" or even very recently "December 2012 Printing" in our Jehovah's Will brochure and "August 2013 Printing" in our Revised Bible. Now they can make adjustments throughout the year as necessary. 

WHY IN THE WORLD wouldn't they want us to look for errors? Don't you think they proofread it (which is the same) before publishing it?

Why are some people soooo delicate about criticism? Specially when it is constructive. If you notice a CLEAR AND OBVIOUS mistake commuted by somebody, wouldn't you say something to FIX IT? C'mon ppl!!! Be a bit more open minded.

I had an opportunity to speak with G.B.M.  A. Morris this A.M. at our S.A.D.  After voicing my appreciation for the new Bible, I ask him if many type-o's had been reported yet. He said, "there are no type-o's, have you seen any?"  I showed him Numbers 33 and he said, "I'll have to write that down." I quickly mentioned that it had already been reported to the branch. He was genuinely surprised to find an oops in the Bible.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Some people are gifted proof-readers. Me? Before I send out anything, I need to check it at least three times. And then....My husband who is not computer savvy at all just catches them. Sort of drives me crazy.

Our GB? I cannot see them be anything but grateful for any information that will help down the road. Proves we are reading it, after all!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I had an opportunity to speak with G.B.M.  A. Morris this A.M. at our S.A.D.  After voicing my appreciation for the new Bible, I ask him if many type-o's had been reported yet. He said, "there are no type-o's, have you seen any?"  I showed him Numbers 33 and he said, "I'll have to write that down." I quickly mentioned that it had already been reported to the branch. He was genuinely surprised to find an oops in the Bible.

I'll be I never seen that kind of thing before

Edited by a3a27988

I can remember that in the first NWT in dutch (1969, I was 10 years old) we got in the Netherland there was a type-error, one line in Genesis was printed double and a line was missing, we got the missing line in, I think the OM, and cut and paste (litterly) ist in our Bible.

You see human error is always around the corner