JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3682 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

sometimes you forget that the brothers of the GB aren't as young as they used to be. They are so full of life and energy and when you hear that they are nearly 80 you just think "wow, I've never thought that". 

I really like that Email that Lynn posted. It's short, but you can really see that they will miss him. 

We were privileged to hear him uttering of the talk "Match the Goodness of Jehovah", in the largest simultaneous event of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brazil until date, with an audience of 1,075,810 on 26 January this year. 

See and hear Brother Pierce, one of our dear brethren of the Governing Body, which we consider to be "a big tree justice", passed us the idea of ​​the kind of people that Jehovah chose to be among our rulers with Christ in paradise near future , humble people, that transmit peace and joy in their expressions, in addition to many spiritual gems shared with us! At that time, we felt moved to repeat the words of Peter when he witnessed the transfiguration: "Lord, it's great to be here" - Mat.17:. 4.

Announced on jw.org:

Guy H. Pierce, Member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Dies at 79

Guy H. Pierce, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses at their world headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, died on Tuesday, March 18. He was 79 years of age.

In addition to his wife, Penny, Mr. Pierce is survived by his six children, several grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. He is also fondly remembered by Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world whom he regarded as family.

In a statement, his fellow members of the Governing Body commented: “Our memories of his courageous and faithful earthly life course will continue to strengthen us for years to come.”

When I read this this morning, it brought tears to my eyes for those who loved him. While I know that his hope was heavenly, and I rejoice he put off mortality and was faithful till the end, I can recall his sparkling eyes and fantastic smile and I know those left behind will feel the keenest sense of loss for some time. May Jehovah send his peace and all of our prayers to his family.

I just got a text from a sister who said Brother Piecrce died of a massive stroke. Has anyone else heard this.

Yes it has already been posted here. Post #1 by Musky under this same thread.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Somehow, I do not think we can say that Guy is he first of the anointed to die this year ... he may be the first of the GB to go, but we cannot speak for all the anointed worldwide .... we just do not know.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I think he means on the anniversary of 100 years of kingdom rule.

He is definitely the first governing body member .. But I am sure other anointed ones may have passed away recently ..

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Mr. Pierce was the chairman for the 129th annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, on the weekend of October 5 and 6, 2013. A total audience of 1,413,676 in 31 countries attended the event either in person or via webcast. According to the Witnesses’ official website, this was the largest gathering of Jehovah’s Witnesses to date.

Boy...did I enjoy his discourse. It's a sad and a happy event at the same time. Sad, that he will be missed by his family, and by all of us, and happy that he is now ruling along side with Christ Jesus.

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/world/guy-pierce-governing-body-member-dies/

Edited by 1gemstone

It is funny the reactions when one of the GB die. Like a shock in the heart, tears in my eyes, even a feeling of stepping closer to the end somehow, for me. Butterflies in my stomach. Silly, I know.

So in our car group we were talking about it, how it must be for them. They die, closing their eyes, sick, weak, tired...then! open their eyes, strong and with energy.

I wonder if there is like a welcoming committee. "Hey! Wake up!" How their new bodies work. "Look what you can do now!"

Little orientation class...

Like Joseph cleaned himself up to go before pharaoh, can you imagine the first time to stand before Jehovah. I think I just had a brain freeze.

I was so touched about the sad & the good news of brother guy. The sad news is that many of us, especially his humble family, will miss both the way he speaks and smile and the good news is that he has been counted worthy in Jehovah's eyes, as an immortl spirit ready to rule alongside with our high priest, Jesus Christ. I remember watching the video when he said something like, "...now you all have the Bible....i will like you to twist the bible like this and my good friend and brother stephen lett, the next bro rutherford, said he will not twist God's word like bro pierce." I love the GB so much with way they appreciate every domestic ones in God's organization.

If bro guy could have 6 children and grow spiritually to the point of making Jehovah to qulified him as annointed and one of the members of the GB, i will also pray to Jehovah to do likewise to me. I love this organization, i love all my christian brothers and sisters especially the elderly ones and i love so much to see my family grow alongside with me in the full time service which i dropped some years back after my pioneer school in 2001.

Thanks to Jehovah that there is letter that is now encouraging brothers who are 55years and above to apply for temporary worker both as bethelite or construction workers.

I cant wait to get retired, still young in my service year as a civil servant. Still praying everyday as an husband, friend and elder in my locl congregation.

May Jehovah comfort amd strengthen bro guy's family.

Edited by posemeke