JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3692 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Still, it is so sad. He had to have family members that loved him dearly. Really final. When an anointed dies. Hard to think about. But it helps us relate in a better manner to heavenly ones. Our heavenly rulers. Still...a shock.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Has anyone heard this from a different source? I usually like to have two independent reports on something like this. The person who I received this news from is a very reliable source, but I haven't heard it from anyone else yet and that concerns me.

Edited by Musky

Checking .. Nothing yet..

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

:nope:  after the third word .... i felt a stroke in my heart too ...

Phil. 1:24

but at the same time I'm sure of his "crown of righteousness"

I couldn't have said it better. :no:  My sentiments exactly.  But yes.  I am sure of his "crown of righteousness."

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

It is so great that those of us who have never heard him speak at a convention did get to see and hear from him at the annual meeting.What a wonderful treat that was!  We have a few highlights of that meeting on the jw website.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/events/video-annual-meeting-2013/#insight[search_id]=2117680a-585b-4e3e-a03c-f198a618a755&insight[search_result_index]=0

Yes, it truly is sad. While not knowing much about him personally, I think all of us who heard him as  chairman at

this past years annual meeting will be left with fond memories of him. He announced the release of the revised

NWT. And described to our delight how they would be passed out right there where we each were hearing the

program streamed live to us. ( A monumental task for the brothers to accomplish ! ) I was personally delighted when

he explained how much effort the society put into designing our new Bibles so that they would hold up to the wear

and tear of use. And then he commented on how to get the pages from sticking together by twisting the cover back

and forth. ( I got a chuckle when Bro. Lett said he was not going to twist God's Word, like Bro Pierce. ). He will be

missed.

GStorrs46

He is still living... but in the greatest glory.

He must be chatting with Jesus, Jehovah and all the anointed of the past... what a great experience for him.

He is seeing you reading this topic ! Quick ! Hide !   :lol:  ^_^

We all have mixed feelings indeed, but let's thank Jehovah for the hope of resurrection.

One more in heaven, can you feel this world ending ?

Edited by Dages

We enjoyed having Bro. Pierce as our CO some years back.  His smile was contagious.

At one of our DC's  at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, CA. they interviewed the brother who found Guy in the ministry.  He had a family and was in construction work.

Now he will watch the new headquarters project from another vantage point !

So sad, especially for his family.  I think he is the brother with the "cheeky grin" that I liked so much in the construction video.  Faithful to the end we can only try and rejoice he is now enjoying his reward.

So hard for those he left behind though.  I'll pray for his family and we mustn't forget the other members of the GB who must feel it deeply but must continue their work.

:(

Has anyone heard this from a different source? I usually like to have two independent reports on something like this. The person who I received this news from is a very reliable source, but I haven't heard it from anyone else yet and that concerns me.

We are having our CO visit this week and our CO's wife mentioned it to a few of us.