Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hope

Full Access Users
  • Posts

    9,444
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    62

Hope's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

  • Well Followed Rare
  • Dedicated
  • Reacting Well
  • Very Popular
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

38.5k

Reputation

1

Community Answers

  1. I wish I was nearby. Remotes are my jam.. and the Phillips TV is really so easy 😉 May be no need to wait for a brother- plenty of sisters know how to sort those things out, too! You won't need to find two (like you would for a brother's help) but you could still bake 😄
  2. I have an LG smart TV I only need to cast if I'm watching the meeting on Zoom. For other JW visuals, I use the TV's built in browser and look up jw.org like on a computer. There are built-in apps for other things - Netflix, Amazon, etc. I learned recently that Sony TVs don't have a built-in browser!😵‍💫 My son has a beautiful, big, sparkly TV but uses his laptop and HDMI cord to view Broadcasts, etc. So 2010s for him... 🙄😂
  3. Priorities are key. I heartily approve! ☕️🤌🏼🥰
  4. United States does, too- and it's invited to every location except the those in Seattle and Denver. Not every state is always invited, however.. 🥺
  5. Thank you! We are not invited... y'all have a good time! 🤷🏽‍♀️💐
  6. There was a brother on this board that resembled this comment.. Fine lines to walk these days
  7. If we weren't informed our state is invited last week, does that mean we're not invited?
  8. Quite the same for me - except we were within school bus riding distance (2 hours) to our location in Milwaukee, WI, so our family of Mom and five kids aged 5 - 13 traveled back and forth for the five days with others in our congregation. It was rough.. but happy to do it. We were so excited about the Bible Story Book! I don't remember a whole lot about anything else... but I did get baptized later that year ☺️ My only experience, too..
  9. I live in the Western United States. But men wear jewelry all over the world - wedding rings, school rings, metal ID bracelets, neck wear of different styles. I bought my son a leather and silver bracelet for his wedding with his name on it and an engraved message inside. It looks very handsome and he loves it 🥰 I notice you translate from Portuguese- neither Brazil nor Portugal would come to my mind as particularly conservative cultures in regards to dress and grooming. But maybe I'm wrong.. no offense intended 💐
  10. Seattle was host of IC in 2014. We were tied in with them to share some of the special talks but weren't involved in festivities. They are hosts again in 2027.. In general, United States are not invited to the US conventions. So close, and yet so far 😭
  11. We have just stopped hassling people about their choices regarding beards, ties, sisters in slacks, clinking glasses... *must* we continue to find some sort of personality choice item (other people's choices) to be worried about? 😟 I mean, really... rings? Such a lot of time you've spent on this, @grain of mustard.. 🤷🏽‍♀️😥
  12. That's so lovely. There are four people I'd love to meet in person in Wales - besides you, of course. It's been on my list for some time- what a treat it would be!
  13. I know brothers who wear neck chains and bracelets, too. What of it? 🤷🏽‍♀️
  14. Not likely based on past experience, but at least I know what countries on YouTube to look up and pretend I'm there ☺️

Hope last won the day on August 28

Hope had the most liked content!

About Hope

  • Birthday 07/11/1965

Member's Public Information

Recent Profile Visitors

30,959 profile views

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)