JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Doctor Who :)

He is the 12th Dr. ... question is, will he be the last?

Longest tenure as the Doctor .... Tom Baker - Dr #4

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

My son is 13 and watches Doctor Who and has been anticipating the special that will be on in November.  I was scrolling on my FB wall and there was a picture from the BBC announcing that Peter would be the new Doctor. Before reading the caption, I told my son that this guy has a blue jacket like Dr W...and called him over to look at the picture....then I scrolled and saw what it said...needless to say...my son was NOT very happy with me!

I wish I could be surprised like I was when I was a kid and the Doctor suddenly regenerated. But alas, it doesn't happen in this day and age, especially with a show so popular. I hate spoilers :P

Anyhow, I have no idea who this guy is or what the future holds, so I look forward to the future of Doctor Who. Matt Smith did not click with me very well until this last year, but I don't think it is his fault. Since Moffatt took over the show, the style of writing and storytelling had taken a major dive. He should just give it back to Russell T. Davies. :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Ooops sorry I didn't know it was a spoiler as its all over the Internet :P

I know this actor he's very popular this side of the Atlantic. ...I think he will be a great doctor, he has a lovely Scottish accent as well ;)

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

my husband and I where glued to the tv when they said whom the new doctor was, I can not wait till next season wooohooo

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

• 3 months later...

The "war doctor" after #8. So that makes the 11th doctor - the 12th and the next one the 13th and last - as he can only regenerate 12 times. Unless .... maybe an update this coming year?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Just seen this thread.  I took the kids to the 50th Anniversary event in London last week which was really good.  We saw Matt Smith, Tom Baker, Colin Baker, Peter Davidson, Sylvester Mccoy and plenty of Daleks, Cybermen and other assorted characters.

Peter Capaldi is an excellent actor and will make a memorable Doctor.

The other day my daughter was texted by one of her friends asking what she was doing. So Caleigh says "watching bible movies" (the one about timothy). So her friend said that she was doing the opposite and watching Doctor Who.  I asked did she know that one of Jesus apostles (Luke) was called "the doctor"......  hmmmmm......  we had a good laugh about that. Her friend said she bet we didn't read that on jw.org  :)

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

• 2 weeks later...

The "war doctor" after #8. So that makes the 11th doctor - the 12th and the next one the 13th and last - as he can only regenerate 12 times. Unless .... maybe an update this coming year?

According to Steve Moffatt (the current head writer of Doctor Who who really should stop butchering the show and pass it on to someone else), the Doctor cannot regenerate anymore - Matt Smith is the last Doctor. But obviously since we know that Capaldi is coming, there is a twist/workaround.

Regeneration #1. Hartnell to Troughton

#2. to Pertwee

3. to Baker

4. to Davison

5. to Baker

6. to McCoy

7. to McGann

8. to Hurt (the War Doctor)

9. to Eccleston

10. to Tennant

11. Tennant to his severed Hand (this was a legit regeneration according to Moffatt)

12. Tennant to Smith.

... and thus he should actually die at this point.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I didn't think the hand one counted - it was kind of a cheat though, eh?

Anyway - minus the hand one - we can get to Capaldi.

I imagine they will give some explanation soon. Maybe when he finds Gallifrey. They will give him 10 more re-generations or something - for saving them all from the Daleks.

EX TERM IN ATE!!!!!  (we need that gif!!!!  )

:crackwhip:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

The countdown is running and the marathon is almost over ..... Day of the Doctor is showing now ..... Farewell to Matt Smith is coming next .... then - the new Time of the Doctor!!!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

I've discovered this show and saw all the season (from the 9th Doctor) in a few weeks. That's fantastic, brilliant !

That's a serious marathon there. :P

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

That's a serious marathon there. :P

I could do it. I need to find a brother or sister locally to Doctor Whoify :-D

I love it when I have a good reason to start them all over again.

- Bob