JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone still use Windows Mobile devices?

I recently dug out my Windows Mobile PDA.  It still works, and battery life is still good.  So I started to use it.  I put the Watchtower Library 2012 on it, and epubs of magazines and books.  Now I find myself using it more and more for study, more than my Android tablet..

Its a shame it is now considered old and obsolete OS.  I don't know how long the Brothers will continue supporting the WT Library for it now.

So does anyone still own or use one?  And do you know of any good apps for it that are still around.

I have an LG Incite and install the WTL each year as a back up to our laptops in case we have to evacuate quickly..The screen is very small so I don't use it as a phone...The app question is interesting...I'll follow this topic in case I do have to use it in the future!

:coffee:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I still use my Dell Axim X51V with a 16 GB CF card and 32 GB SD card, GPS for car. :wheelchair:  I can up size CF & SD cards them if I choose

Running windows mobile 6.5.5 for 64 meg Ram. Have  installed PLAnet ( expanded Watchtower library with more bibles, older books, older bible history books, etc ). Watch movies/documentaries/dramas, listen audio dramas, songs, etc. :thumbsup:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

One brother I know got a Windows tablet and successfully installed Windows 8 on it. He likes it!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 4 years later...
On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2013 at 11:51 AM, Jonathan77 said:

So I started to use it

Four years on - Do you still use it?

Although I have I modern tablets etc., I still use my HP iPAQ hx4700 series, with Watchtower Library 2014, on a SD card

My question is:

Would it be possible to manually add the recent WT volumes etc. ? 

How things change ...

One of my daughters has a Surface Pro with Windows 10 :thumbsup:

I personally think Windows 10 suck! If I had Windows8, I would install it on the notebook that came with Windows10.

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"