JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Here we go again...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3858 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The U.S. is back in the hot seat so to speak. They will have reached their borrowing limits Mid-October of this year...Budgets again anyone?

Ehh, no worries.  The experts have it all figured out with quantitative easing (or rather printing more money):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k

This cartoon explanation makes me chuckle every time I view it - and gets funnier as time goes by and the debt gets bigger. 

Edited by Mei

You can't print money forever.

That's the failure behind the current money printing scheme and that was basically the punch line of the cartoon.  :-)

I think it was obama himself saying that a couple of days ago, that we will run out soon.

When the Federal Reserve prints money, it most often goes back into the banks.  Mr. Obama has stated on numerous occasions (and as recently in the Jay Leno Show) he is against banks making money ... well lots of it. 

Not even the brilliant "of the most brilliant" minds from all over the world whom happen to be expert financiers and/or economists know what is going to become of the Fed printing all this money.  Hence, reasons many U.N. member nations want a new global currency to replace the dollar. 

• 4 weeks later...

There's a 50/50 chance it will or will not.  Its all about cutting cost and they just deleted a big chunk of Food Stamps, so at least 3.8 million of the other millions on it, will be cut off.   What a house divided!  You know it can't stand much longer. 

I thought it was ALL about trying to END ObamaCare? From the article

he House on Friday will vote on a short-term government funding bill that will include a provision to defund Obamacare. That provision is a no-go for Senate Democrats and President Obama.

If they can't work out a compromise, many functions of the federal government will be shut down indefinitely on Oct. 1.

Besides causing inconvenience and delays, a shutdown could have larger consequences.

A long, broad shutdown could weaken an already modest economic recovery, Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Elmendorf said Wednesday.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I can't help but think of the Daniel  2:33,34  ''...its feet were partly of iron and partly of molded clay. 34 You kept on looking until a stone was cut out not by hands, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and of molded clay and crushed them.''

w12 6/15 pp. 14-18 (later part of par. 9)

In the Anglo-American World Power, people have risen up to claim their rights through civil rights campaigns, labor unions, and independence movements. The common people undermine the ability of the Anglo-American World Power to act with iron-like strength. Also, opposing ideologies and close election results that do not end up in a clear majority have weakened the power base of even popular leaders, so that they have no clear mandate to implement their policies. Daniel foretold: “The kingdom will partly prove to be strong and will partly prove to be fragile.”—Dan. 2:42

• 2 weeks later...

ABC Online ‎- 7 hours ago
US government departments are set to shut downon Tuesday as Republicans stick to their tactic of using a budget bill to overturn changes to a ...

Just heard about this on the SBS world News, Just more proof that no matter if your black or white, Man can;t dominate man. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I heard some people state that it is more "welfare/entitlements" that they will have to pay for other people and it will diminish the good benefits that they already receive.  I know my relative is looking forward to it, but myself am worried that my company will now somehow have a reason to let my quality of benefits decrease...  but i am not very educated on the subject.  one day soon we wont need to worry about healthcare!!!

Everyone keeps saying it's not gonna shut down, the government is just trying to distract us...It reminds me of the statue in Daniel, where the feet are made of two materials that don't stick together too good.. :mellow:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

All the while we are waiting for them to declare Peace and SECURITY.

They are really going to have to look (note: LOOK not actually BE) different than they do now for that to happen, eh?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The US Government has shut down like 17 times since 1977, and there has never any real issues.

Essential Services will run, Military, FBI, Border Patrol, FAA, Social Security Checks still go out, that is about 50% of the federal government right there. 

I remember when it shut down during Pres Clinton term, nothing really major happened.  

Things like National Parks, Smithsonian, will shut down.

Most Federal Employees will also not get paid during the shutdown, but will receive their pay later on after the government shut down is over.

Edited by ava

Who needs it anyway - the only really big things that stop would be Federal loans for small businesses and FHA backed home loans.

Hey, we don't need more small businesses or home sales anyway. This economy is chugging along just fine without that stuff.

The upside - FBI background checks for gun ownership would stop   :yes:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Who needs it anyway - the only really big things that stop would be Federal loans for small businesses and FHA backed home loans.

Hey, we don't need more small businesses or home sales anyway. This economy is chugging along just fine without that stuff.

The upside - FBI background checks for gun ownership would stop   :yes:

The past shutdowns have not been real bad.  I feel bad for the Fed Employees though who wont get a check til after the shutdown is over.  If it's only a few days or few weeks, I'm sure many of them will be fine.  Many people though live check to check, and if it goes on too long, they may start struggling. Granted they will get their pay later on, but still, a few months without a check would seriously hurt many people.

The US Government has shut down like 17 times since 1977, and there has never any real issues.

Essential Services will run, Military, FBI, Border Patrol, FAA, Social Security Checks still go out, that is about 50% of the federal government right there. 

I remember when it shut down during Pres Clinton term, nothing really major happened.  

Things like National Parks, Smithsonian, will shut down.

Most Federal Employees will also not get paid during the shutdown, but will receive their pay later on after the government shut down is over.

That's all true.  I was working federal when Clinton was president and they shut down the government.  I wasn't a full time federal worker, but a contract worker and I kept my job.  The office normally had over 200 people in it, but in those 21 days, there were only 90 people there, and some of the 90 were essential workers.  When the "congressional fog" lifted, the people came back, but they had a hard time re-cooping their back pay.  it took a couple of weeks before they all were caught up.  It was a big mess.  Now its even worse. 

Trottigy, tomorrow the government might be closed for business, but the new health care will be opened.  Get down there or get on line and thoroughly check it out.  We all want you to get the best this system is offering for individuals with no health insurance.  Hope it works out very well for you and many others who need help even though the system is falling apart.  For the time being, its still standing.   I hear that the offices open at 8am.  And too, on Greta's show, a guy on there said, the only questions they are to ask you is how much you make, and your address and one more question and its not about your Social Security Number!  Appliers should not be giving out their entire life history and S.S. number.  If they ask all these questions, your one the wrong site or wrong office.  So our brother, please be cautious as you venture into this new deal for health insurance. 

Well its after the mid-night hour and I guess the government is closed, but their still all wrangling in that big white building.  Didn't Jesus say a house divided cannot stand, and speaking about Satan's house, whew!    The world is falling apart, its crashing, maybe not at the speed we all want it too, but still its coming down.  Its moving in the right direction, it behooves me how people don't see these crazy things happen before their eyes!   The veil is so thick!  Even the lady that was studying stopped it because her "pastor" told her too.  That man of lawlessness has got to go!  B.T.G., has a lot of blood on its hands!