JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fear of Larger War in the Middle East

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3901 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's so interesting how this guy ties in the time in August of 1914 just before WWI and August 2013. 

Here's a quote and then the link:

“In August 1914 there was a lot of grouse shooting going on. In August 2013, politicians prefer to read doorstopper biographies in Tuscany and Cornwall. Yet the spreading Middle East crisis, its multiple flashpoints, is every bit as ominous as the prelude to war in 1914.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/newsmakers/fears-larger-war-middle-east-180559605.html?vp=1

I think something is about to happen......

Edited by zoebarry

Grouse are a type of group-eating birds (turkey, chicken, quail, etc.). Grouse shooting is a field sport of the U.K.

grouse is a type of birs they shoot for sport especially in Scotland, they flush them out with dogs so that they fly a little then shoot them.... they can only shoot them at certain times of the year, and they call it the grouse season.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Although all your definition of "grouse" are correct, those definitions are NOT what applies here.  If you read the context of the article, and check your history, he is referring to the numerous military actions that were occurring in August 1914 and the preceding months.  "Grouse shooting" is slang in this instance.

Here is the book that the article is also likened to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guns_of_August

Edited by zoebarry

Interesting I took it "Grouse hunting" to mean- the people who can make a difference as so busy with their "sport" that they aren't even paying attention to what is going on.

Phrases like this made me feel that way:

"And Boyes warned that, as in August 1914, the world was not paying enough attention."

"“In August 1914 there was a lot of grouse shooting going on. In August 2013, politicians prefer to read doorstopper biographies in Tuscany and Cornwall."

and back in 1914 - Grouse hunting would have been just for sport.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Although all your definition of "grouse" are correct, those definitions are NOT what applies here. If you read the context of the article, and check your history, he is referring to the numerous military actions that were occurring in August 1914 and the preceding months. "Grouse shooting" is slang in this instance.

I wasn't on anyway applying it here. Simply stating what it is.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I thought they where using a slang term, hmmm are grouse good eating LOL

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

I thought they where using a slang term, hmmm are grouse good eating LOL

Do you like duck or pheasant? Than yes. If you don't - than no.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

What season is it?( Elma Thud?) Lols.

Thanks for the explanation on grouse.

I always thought it meant...its cool.

Zoebary interesting post. Good to be staying alert.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Don't like poultry because it is fowl :whistling:   I tried getting grouse when I lived in central Ontario ( cottage country ) - my boys & myself couldn't open our doors fast enough as we drove past and we missed them :scooter: . Stupid birds would stand at side of road - and not move. :loopy:

Sort of sounds like many countries today -like stupid birds waiting to become fodder.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

USA will now go ahead without the uk and are now siding with France to war with syrla

So, it seems that France and U.S. favor going to war with Syria . . . and Russia, China, and U.K. don't.  Looks like the "U.N. Security Council" permanent member states cannot seem to agree or make any progress in the hopes of peace and security.   

Edited by Mei

There are many in the UK who are deeply disturbed by the Iraq war, and the way misinformation of WMD (including chemical weapons) was used in justification. Blair and others should be called to account for the deaths of many soldiers and civilians, and they will be - by Jehovah.

The UK parliament appears to have reflected the unease over this in their decision, and the opposition leader, Ed Milliband, said that being in a special relationship with the USA did not mean doing what President Obama wants! The UK MPs wanted to see more evidence of the use of these weapons by the Assad regime before deciding on any military action.

There are many in the UK who are deeply disturbed by the Iraq war, and the way misinformation of WMD (including chemical weapons) was used in justification. Blair and others should be called to account for the deaths of many soldiers and civilians, and they will be - by Jehovah.

The UK parliament appears to have reflected the unease over this in their decision, and the opposition leader, Ed Milliband, said that being in a special relationship with the USA did not mean doing what President Obama wants! The UK MPs wanted to see more evidence of the use of these weapons by the Assad regime before deciding on any military action.

All wars are about gain wealth and control.As we can see from Vietnam War to now all wars was just big disinformation and many lies.

Although all your definition of "grouse" are correct, those definitions are NOT what applies here.  If you read the context of the article, and check your history, he is referring to the numerous military actions that were occurring in August 1914 and the preceding months.  "Grouse shooting" is slang in this instance.

You go girl! :ecstatic:

I was quickly reading all the definitions people were coming up with....then there's you, HA!! You are funny! Right, but also funny! 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

John McCann was on Jay Leno last night (couldn't sleep). 

He said that the UN was worthless, was 'a waste of taxpayers money'.  Sounded like he was goading them...  One day it will lift it's ugly head.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

with current world govts in turmoil and the masses tied in to the chaos

through social media, 24 hr news, etc... a new 'Peace and Security' WT

would be awesome for Jan 2014 :yes:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16