JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bentleys and the Bible

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3850 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Remember this line: "Would Jesus wear a Rolex."  One of the most expensive watches in the world, I hear some priced at $50,000.00 or more!  Did I hear this preacher right, they have to invest their money in some company, to help bring in the Kingdom of God?  

Even the reporter is rolling his eyes with this guy.  'I only have a 2007 Bentley with 85,000 miles on it' which 'I bought in 2007'.  What?  You bought a BRAND NEW Bentley in 2007 and you are upset that it's now a 2007 and you put 85000 miles on it?  

Good grief.  And this guy isn't the exception with these types.  He's the norm.  It'll especially be these type of religious leaders that try making a deal with Jehovah with all their riches when He reveals himself to the nations.  Then when that doesn't work, they'll tell the mountains to hide them.  No hiding place for you!!  Wouldn't surprise me if he has a bunker built in his property as well.  

How easy it is for these smoothe preachers to justify their wealth at the expense of their parishoners. It is like (2 Timothy 3:5) 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. We don't see The Faithful & Discreet Slave riding around in Bentlys. Yet they do manage to get from one place to another. Their pockets aren't full of money, just the opposite. The follow the admonition that Jesus gave, "We receive free so we should give free" Yes The Governing Body does get around. But it is due to the voluntary contributions made by Jehovah's Witnesses. They receive room & board and are given transportation. None of which they own. It is generally leased. They don't get a large salary like the ministers in Christendom. This also applies to the traveling brothers and elders in the congregation. Much of what they do comes out of their own pockets. It is a real travesty what these ministers of Christendom do. This is how they are described in the Bible (2 Corinthians 11:13-15) 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.

I could go on & on but it is not needed.

How easy it is for these smoothe preachers to justify their wealth at the expense of their parishoners. It is like (2 Timothy 3:5) 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. We don't see The Faithful & Discreet Slave riding around in Bentlys. Yet they do manage to get from one place to another. Their pockets aren't full of money, just the opposite. The follow the admonition that Jesus gave, "We receive free so we should give free" Yes The Governing Body does get around. But it is due to the voluntary contributions made by Jehovah's Witnesses. They receive room & board and are given transportation. None of which they own. It is generally leased. They don't get a large salary like the ministers in Christendom. This also applies to the traveling brothers and elders in the congregation. Much of what they do comes out of their own pockets. It is a real travesty what these ministers of Christendom do. This is how they are described in the Bible (2 Corinthians 11:13-15) 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.

Could you repost this in an easier-to-read font, please? I cannot read this small cursive lettering. Thanks.

Edit: ah, quoting it put in an easier format!

Edited by bohemian

Convenient how he likened himself to wealthy Abraham (who by the way did not live off the contributions of others but whose family stocks where multiplied through good honest work) but failed to mention that Jesus didn't have anywhere to lay his head.

If his wealth is NOT from the contribution of his flock, fair enough but if some little old woman is putting in her pension because she believes it will help build schools or print bibles then he is acting shamefully.  I think we all know which it probably is...

Today's headlines go right along with this:

Catholic bishop spending £25million on new palatial home in Germany as the Pope promotes a more humble lifestyle

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2452406/Catholic-bishop-spends-25m-palatial-home-Pope-Francis-promotes-humble-lifestyle.html#ixzz2hoHfDVKW 

Also video:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/bling-bishop-vatican-fire-20570489

Edited by lynn

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I am reposting for the benefit of Bro. in the UK

There's a church like this a few miles away, a brother in my hall started a Bible study with a lady who goes to this type of church.  She is living in a 1 bedroom apartment with her 40 yrs old son, he has the big room and she has the den.  I know, I was invited to her home for the study.  She has books on "angels", she said some good and some bad, and that her preacher drives around in a brand new Cadillac, and some other pastors of her church, there's a few of them, mostly females, they drive fancy cars too.  She told us last week that when she went there, that when the choir starts to sing (I call it screaming) "Praise Jesus" and other words she said when they sing, the choir can "raise one from their seat."  Its some sort of Pentecostal Holy Roller church.    She is confused big time over 3 words Spirituality, Spiritualism and Spirit ism.  When the brother first met her, he showed her the TB and she picked the one about the wicked spirit forces.  This past Sunday, she told the brother, me and his mom, that her church teaches about good angels and wicked ones and now she wants to jump in the book of Revelation.   So we took her to TB chapter 8, (kingdom) that has several scriptures from Rev.  But I won't be there next weekend, I must say truthfully friends, I was drained!     I know that in some of these Pentecostal churches, they do have a some sort of voodoo, and talking in tongues (no one understands a word) and they do exorcism of people supposedly possessed.  The bible study told us some one, in her church, those in position to do so, Exorcise wicked spirits out of people.     It was an experience for me! 

Edited by allabord4jah

Of course there is today's text - http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/11952-thursday-october-17-we-were-working-so-as-not-to-impose-an-expensive-burden-upon-any-one-of-you%E2%80%942-thess-38/

We were working so as not to impose an expensive burden upon any one of you.—2 Thess. 3:8.

Peter encouraged elders to shepherd the flock, “neither for love of dishonest gain, but eagerly.” (1 Pet. 5:2) The work of the elders takes up a considerable amount of time, yet they do not expect any financial compensation

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....