JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gilead Graduation now on jw.org

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3763 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Did you notice the bible Guy Pierce is using in the photograph.  And that is about 3 weeks before it was released.  Wonder if anybody there noticed.

Pages aren't gilded silver. I'm guessing that he was testing the cover.

Did you notice the bible Guy Pierce is using in the photograph.  And that is about 3 weeks before it was released.  Wonder if anybody there noticed.

There is absolutely NO WAY to use the 2013 Bible and keep it a secret from the audience.  Nobody could make it through a 5 minute Talk no. 2 or 3 without using revised scriptures, let alone a Gilead graduation.

There is absolutely NO WAY to use the 2013 Bible and keep it a secret from the audience.  Nobody could make it through a 5 minute Talk no. 2 or 3 without using revised scriptures, let alone a Gilead graduation.

It was probably the 1984 edition with the new cover... remember he said at the Annual Meeting that they tested the new cover for awhile.

Pages aren't gilded silver. I'm guessing that he was testing the cover.

Look at the video, at 2:31 to 2:35. Those pages seem to be "glistening" as the Bible moves slightly. Maybe it was a 1984 Bible, with a custom-made cover and gilded silver pages. I've seen several circuit overseers and elders with custom-made Bibles. Why not a GB member?

Edited by Eric_Milton

Look at the video, at 2:31 to 2:35. Those pages seem to be "glistening" as the Bible moves slightly. Maybe it was a 1984 Bible, with a custom-made cover and gilded silver pages. I've seen several circuit overseers and elders with custom-made Bibles. Why not a GB member?

You're right. I was only looking at the image on the website. Nice catch.

• 2 months later...