JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I accidentaly installed this program that came with another.

Its a program I can't get rid of.

I have gone to my control panel & remove programs. I can't shift it. 

It stays around. & its like a spy program of some sort. I have also gone to the extentisons on the history/settings page & removed it but it keeps coming back. II have the ads block & that doesn't stop this program.

I would love some help please & thanks.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

If you had asked an elder in my congregation for help, the first thing they would ask you is: "Did you do your research on this matter?" :D

What's the name of the program?

What operating system are you using? (Or is this a tablet? Which one?)

Did you try to "Google" the problem?

All this info will help find a solution.

Major Geeks can help you get rid of it. You would need to go to the forums/Malware and follow the "READ ME FIRST" thread and follow the directions. They seem to be able to direct you in cleaning most everything harmful from your computer - for FREE!!!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Thanks guys. I had installed again pixel for resizing photos. So i thought I had untitled all the boxes that ask if you want this or that. But this one got in. It is not a good program. It overtakes my searches. So i go back to history & remove it under extensions. It comes back. :(

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Do you use Internet Explorer? If so, go into "Internet options" and then "programs" and click on "manage add-ons" then highlight "search providers and see if you can find it in there and if you do, highlight it and click on "remove".

Or better yet, switch to Chrome! :)

http://www.rescuemybrowser.com/tubesaver-virus-removal

Remove toolbars, plugins, extensions, add-ons
Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox users:
Go to TOOLS and then click MANAGE ADD-ON, From there, select Extensions, Toolbars and remove the TubeSaver malware if found. Make sure Google is set as default search Provider.
manage-add-ons.jpg

Google Chrome Users:
Click SETTINGS icon and select SETTINGS, then open Extensions, toolbar, search provider options, remove the TubeSaver malware if listed there. Make sure Google is set as default search Provider.

Second the recommendation for Malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes and Combofix are two of the several programs that Major Geeks use and recommend. They have you submit you  log files from these programs and look through them because no single program will get eventing. They then give you the the solution to removing the what is still there - if there is anything that still needs removing.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I used to use Combofix, Its a great program. I had it on my previous Computer, I will have search for it again. 
thank you Brothers for your recommendations. Truly appreciate it.