JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New bible and new cover!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3717 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

So, if any of you were in public chat a few weeks ago, you may have overheard that I tried to wipe a pen mark off of my bible with hand sanitizer and ended up scarring the leather horribly. So I got a new bible! But I refused to open it until I found a suitable case, and I did!! Who would have thought that my generic kindle glove would have fit it so perfectly!! So my advice to all who are looking for a bible case, look for a 7" tablet glove. It should be a very snug fit for your new bible

post-3575-0-90453900-1389578014_thumb.jp

That's a good idea.  I bought a slip case over the internet, that just protects the page edges but I'm still handling the original grey covering.  I'm just going to have to be extra careful when taking notes but to be honest I haven't used it for study yet - I'm using the electronic version on my tablet. 

That's a good idea.  I bought a slip case over the internet, that just protects the page edges but I'm still handling the original grey covering.  I'm just going to have to be extra careful when taking notes but to be honest I haven't used it for study yet - I'm using the electronic version on my tablet. 

What did you get to protect the edges?  I haven't seen that.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

A friend of mine in Canada posted this on Facebook:

Because some have already asked... we got our leather Bible covers done at Advance Book Bindery Ltd. - they're situated in Alberta, Canada, but they also ship to the USA. We have had a lot of publications rebound by them, and they do an *amazing* job! This is a new service they're providing now, in addition to their regular binding service. You don't have to send in your bible - rather, they send the new leather cover to you, and you install it yourself. It has double-sided tape which holds the cover on permanently. Here is a review that I just wrote for them for our new covers (I was contacted by the owner yesterday and asked to do a review for their site). Not many have tried their new service yet, and so they wanted some feedback for their site. ................. My husband and I are VERY pleased with the new service being offered by Advance Bookbindery - the new self-adhesive leather Bible covers for the 2013 edition of the NWT. The grey vinyl cover the Society provides peels off easily with no ripping (we love it but had issues with getting pens marks and stains on it). For this reason, we opted for darker colours for our bible covers. Just take your time ‘installing’ it, to make sure everything lines up straight, and you will have a beautiful professional looking cover for your new bible. We love the semi-DIY aspect of this new service, and it also reduces the cost and time of having to mail in the bibles to have them completely rebound. The ‘how-to’ videos on the site are very easy to follow. Providing written instructions along with the covers may be a good idea too, for those who may not have access to a computer at the time of receipt. Thanks again for providing this wonderful new service! I highly recommend their beautiful binding work to anyone! http://www.bookbindery.ca/bb2013/NewService.htm

1013803_800132576669699_937514373_n.jpg

The adhesive covers made by Advance Book Bindery are great, I ordered some myself awhile back and was one of the first to try them. It took me about five minutes to re-cover my bibles and it worked perfectly. I live in the same city as Advance and had a good discussion with the owner about the idea and the quality of adhesive used. Very happy with the result. It's a faster and cheaper alternative...worked like a charm and has held up to my wear and tear perfectly. :)

So, if any of you were in public chat a few weeks ago, you may have overheard that I tried to wipe a pen mark off of my bible with hand sanitizer and ended up scarring the leather horribly. So I got a new bible! But I refused to open it until I found a suitable case, and I did!! Who would have thought that my generic kindle glove would have fit it so perfectly!! So my advice to all who are looking for a bible case, look for a 7" tablet glove. It should be a very snug fit for your new bible

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif image.jpg

My daughter made a plastic cover for mine. It's a very nice fit and I still see my "silver bullet" cover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

no apparently the congregation next to us has had theres for 1 month but because we

are in a shared kingdom hall the other congregation does the literature orders and we

still are waiting... thank goodness for download.. also i have a personal one from a darling

sister in our congregation felt sorry for me and gave me hers, she said at least one per

family is nice, i cried i truely was so happy as this means more to me than been given one

at the special talk, but as i had an accident with a ceiling fan and ended up in hospital with

9 stitches to my head alas my husband and little daughter didnt go to the sunday convention

and took me home to bed.  I also received the whole sunday download from one of the elders

in our congregation so except for a very sore head we did get blessed...:)

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)