JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How many have heard this growing up?

I honestly believe my father coined 'children should be seen and not heard'. He made a believer out of me! Many times I have been in the back seat playing with my dolls and making them talk to each other and a hand would come out of no where just swinging back and forth. No warning-nothing. Jehovah always gives a warning.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I heard a similar one when on a road trip. When us kids were misbehaving while sitting in the back seat, mom would say "come up here and let me slap you, don't make your dad stop the car."

I love that one ......mothers have a way with words that no one else could get away with , they cut right to the core of the issue !

I think they imagine that those are words of endearment :)

I honestly believe my father coined 'children should be seen and not heard'. He made a believer out of me! Many times I have been in the back seat playing with my dolls and making them talk to each other and a hand would come out of no where just swinging back and forth. No warning-nothing. Jehovah always gives a warning.

See the difference between imperfect parents and our one perfect parent Jehovah.  Yes, he always gives warnings, but our imperfect parents don't.  Satan doesn't give any warnings when he's about to pounce on someone too.    Satan's hands swing back and forth, sideways and upside down at all hours of the day and night! And most of the time he's in the back seat!

Then there's " you want to cry I'll give you something to cry about ". I think that one was one of the worst and it went along with shaking a finger...

So glad we learned from all that!

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

I always found "because I said so" to be particularly enlightening from my parents.  

Oh, and my dad's automatic reaction to everything was "NO".  We just stopped asking and did what we wanted to (within certain parameters) and he never cared.  He just didn't want to be bothered, and since he said no all the time, we stopped bothering him if we didn't absolutely have to.  

Have you ever heard this one? "You better put on clean underwear, you never know when you might be in an accident."

I'm thinking, if I'm in a serious accident my underwear won't be clean anyway. Lol

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

'Because I'm the Mom and I say so'. Was another one I did not dare question. Moms voice would get really high pitched and a temporal vein would pop up. This was the outward sign she was at her limit. Yes the clean panties was always on the check off list before I left for school. Who wore dirty underware anyway ?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

If I could like that 10 times I would Lance ....... Isn't that so true ! So is it Jehovahs fault Satan turned BAD ? How ridiculous !

You must have had at least one loving, nurturing parent, huh Wendy....

Some of us struggle without any positive role models or warm fuzzies, ever.

But Jehovah saw......and here we are :)

Edited by Althea

Have you heard this one "I'm gonna knock you to kingdom come!" That's how I first learned about the kingdom.:-)

That one is very familiar and...

"If you don't shut up, I'm going to slap you back to yesterday."

...at least  we're were going in the right direction LOL