JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Problem with JWLib app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3711 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Has anyone else been having problems using it at meetings? When I load it up it is so slow looking up the scriptures. I can find them faster using my paper bible. It also keeps freezing up when I first start it up.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I have an iPad. Before the meeting, I, "clear" it up. You'd be surprised at everything that is open. Any thing you have accessed since the last meeting. Plus, turn the sound off. We now have internet at the hall. I still do fine. Can take notes look up scriptures, and have the person next to me in the hard copy bible check my notes on the scripture we are reading.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

The jw.org app is working fine for me but I've been having problems with the km's and the ePub reader. The other issue I've had is even though I turn the sound off every once in awhile my tablet will give some kind of alert in the middle of the meeting That has happened several times and upset me pretty much.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

If you have an Android tablet, get "persist" I have found it to be the most reliable volume or sound control app on the market. One tap and it mutes everything! You can't even accidentally un-mute the sound by pressing the volume up or down buttons, which was always my problem with other apps. It locks the tablet in the mute position until you hit another icon to un-mute it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=netroken.android.persistfree

Edited by Musky

Typo

I updated the app the other day (Android), and now it crashes the first time I try to open it, but opens fine when I try it a second time (this has happened twice in as many days).

This has happened a number of times to me too. Not sure why.

I remember back around 1993 when I received a set of some 15 3½" floppy disks containing the New World Translation. Only the NWT, nothing more. No indexes, no cross references, nothing but the NWT. They were published by the society.

Today we have a CD that is updated yearly (this year leave some questions).

My point? The society doesn't wait until they have the final form worked out. The JWLib app we have today will be a relic in a very short time. Count on it. You can be sure the brothers are working very hard to improve it as the two updates this week show.

I remember back around 1993 when I received a set of some 15 3½" floppy disks containing the New World Translation. Only the NWT, nothing more. No indexes, no cross references, nothing but the NWT. They were published by the society.

I still have a brand new set of these on 5 1/4"  floppies (The soft ones)  :)

I remember them too!!!

And the old IBM large round disk drives!!! WOW!!

post-272-0-53179000-1392770540.jpg

"Memory" lane  :lol1:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2074995/ibm-pictures-hardware-basement

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I wish I still had my old "punch cards" from the programs I wrote in the late 1960's - the computer was an IBM 360 and took the largest portion of a rather large building on the college campus ....... those were the days

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I wish I still had my old "punch cards" from the programs I wrote in the late 1960's - the computer was an IBM 360 and took the largest portion of a rather large building on the college campus ....... those were the days

Oh they were most certainly not "the days". That's the rose tinted water your currently drowning in giving you false memories. :)

Mike

Oh they were most certainly not "the days". That's the rose tinted water your currently drowning in giving you false memories. :)

Mike

Ouch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The app is working great for me now, I just love Jehovah's Organization. They are so working to help make things easier for us. The KM in epub is awesome.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.