JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ukraine and how it may affect the US and Europe

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3626 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thanks for the info. Oh and thanks for the pictures. Its pretty clear that many worship their nation and its monuments there.

Please keep us informed. I'm sure your suspicions about the future in your area are based on experience and that you will survive as usual but hope knowing we are all wanting to encourage you, will keep your joy alive and a smile on your face when you read some of the things we write. You are part of our big happy family, that's why you're so popular. We all want to look after family. Its hard to know what to say to someone in your precarious position that will help. But I do know that laughing about anything makes the day brighter. And laughing with friends is always the best medicine. 

Please tell us more about daily life there. We live in a different culture here and are anxious to know about yours.

May Jehovah always be with you.

Thank you my dear brothers and sisters for your love and support!

I also very thankful to all, who sent me PMs with words of brotherly love and care.  

Thank you all! :)   

As to our daily life, it is very interesting now and going to be even more interesting for the next several weeks/months/years.LOL

I'll keep you posted. :D

All banks are closed for "technical reasons" (luck of Ukrainian cash and change currency from UAH to Russian rubles).

Some shops have doubled  prises But people continue to celebrate reunion with Russia , :D

Actually, I understand their feelings....

They feel like Germans people felt back in 1990th when Berlin wall was destroyed and Eastern and Western Germany were reunited.  Something like this, I guess... :innocent:  

Edited by campanula

"Absolute rubbish”

Sharing some latest news - video. Interesting...

Christiane Amanpour speaks with Ukrainian member of parliament and former foreign minister Petro Poroshenko, as Mr Petro saying "Global Security is Finished"

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/03/18/ukraine-russia-petro-poroshenko-amanpour-crimea.cnn.html

Sharing some latest news - video. Interesting...

Christiane Amanpour speaks with Ukrainian member of parliament and former foreign minister Petro Poroshenko, as Mr Petro saying "Global Security is Finished"

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/03/18/ukraine-russia-petro-poroshenko-amanpour-crimea.cnn.html

I'm sorry, but that interview makes me smile. 

See! Mr. Proshenko has already started his president company and as a  cunning politician he uses any chance (even the death!) to PR himself.  :sick:

In fact he is the one who plays with those poor  boys on Maydan in Kiev just like puppeteer plays with his puppets and he himself pays for that rebel from behind the scene.

But whole the scenario is written definitely by Satan! X(

Edited by campanula

"Absolute rubbish”

Sister Annie, I thought the exact same thing... They must have already felt that there was peace and security if now they feel the situation is changed. So could the cry for peace and security already have been cried? Seems that is what is thought.

Sister Annie, I thought the exact same thing... They must have already felt that there was peace and security if now they feel the situation is changed. So could the cry for peace and security already have been cried? Seems that is what is thought.

I have also questioned and pondered this, but I guess it is still to come...time will tell.

I do wonder though when I hear everyone from Obama to other presidents talk about 'a threat to peace and security'

We have had this discussion many times before...1 Thes 5:3 says whenever they are 'saying' peace and security...

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Right now US and others are say "peace and security are threatened". So if US, Russia and other nations get this situation resolved, then they might claim "we have peace and security" wordwide. (Just a thought)

I had that thought too.

As for me... sooner will happen, better for us all! :ecstatic:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I know the organization has always maintained that the cry of Peace and Security would be a declaration of global importance but would just be a facade by the world's rulers but what if the cry of Peace and Security was actually a great outcry from the people all over the world wanting it!  When I think of a "cry" I think of a pleading.  We've gotten many enlightenments lately, it could be a possibility.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Yes I think it is possible too. Because the scripture says when they are crying...or it could have been one of the UN treaties signed by all of the nations in the past and then advertised also...still unclear unless other prophecies begin to be fulfilled that come after this occurrence in the timeline described.

I know the organization has always maintained that the cry of Peace and Security would be a declaration of global importance but would just be a facade by the world's rulers but what if the cry of Peace and Security was actually a great outcry from the people all over the world wanting it!  When I think of a "cry" I think of a pleading.  We've gotten many enlightenments lately, it could be a possibility.

I have also wondered sometimes whether it could not be that there are global protests and people take the streets asking for peace and security. That seems a more plausible scenario than a situation where there appears to be actually peace and security. I think I have read that as a possibility in some magazine, and also in a zone visit talk by brother Gerrit Losch.

However, the last publications that dealt with that prophecy identified it clearly with a global declaration by world leaders. I don't know what has led the brothers to be so specific about that, but surely there's a reason. It also makes more sense in its context: when people say there's peace and security, then sudden destruction.

Just a small detail: the Scriptures don't say it is a cry. 1 Thessalonians 5:3 reads "whenever it is that they are saying". No mention of "crying", just "saying". Older publications talked about a "cry of peace and security" and we are used to that expression, but it has not been used in our publications since 2004.

Just a small detail: the Scriptures don't say it is a cry. 1 Thessalonians 5:3 reads "whenever it is that they are saying". No mention of "crying", just "saying". Older publications talked about a "cry of peace and security" and we are used to that expression, but it has not been used in our publications since 2004.

:yes: :yes: :yes: 

"Absolute rubbish”

That is very true brother.  I'm a Witness child of the 60's - sometimes it's hard to get those older expressions out of my vocabulary. 

Yes the expression is saying instead of crying. I get the expression mixed up too.

Yes, it does read "say", but don't forget the rest of the verse:

1. "Peace and security!" Note the exclamation point - so "say" in some exclamatory way (hence why at times the slave has used the term "cry" as in decry), rather than just "say" as in some casual conversation between 2 people.

2. The rest speaks about a women in birth pangs. Now this is to describe the suddenness, but at the same time I imagine her not casually "saying" ouch, but rather "saying" Ouch!

Context, eh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Thought I would post the actual definitions of both;

cry

krī/

verb

gerund or present participle: crying

shed tears, esp. as an expression of distress or pain.

"don't cry—it'll be all right"

synonyms: weep, shed tears, sob, wail, cry one's eyes out, bawl, howl, snivel, whimper, squall, mewl, bleat; More

antonyms: laugh

shout or scream, esp. to express one's fear, pain, or grief.

"the little girl fell down and cried for her mommy"

synonyms: call, shout, exclaim, sing out, yell, shriek, scream, screech, bawl, bellow, roar, vociferate, squeal, yelp, holler; More

antonyms: whisper

say something in an excited or anguished tone of voice.

"“Where will it end?” he cried out"

(of a bird or other animal) make a loud characteristic call.

"the wild birds cried out over the water"

(of a hawker) proclaim (wares) for sale in the street.

say

sā/

verb

gerund or present participle: saying

utter words so as to convey information, an opinion, a feeling or intention, or an instruction.

"“Thank you,” he said"

synonyms: speak, utter, voice, pronounce, give voice to, vocalize More

declare, state, announce, remark, observe, mention, comment, note, add;

reply, respond, answer, rejoin;

informalcome out with

claim, maintain, assert, hold, insist, contend;

allege, profess;

formalopine, aver

express, put into words, phrase, articulate, communicate, make known, put/get across, convey, verbalize;

reveal, divulge, impart, disclose;

imply, suggest

(of a text or a symbolic representation) convey specified information or instructions.

"the law says such behavior is an offense"

enable a listener or reader to learn or understand something by conveying or revealing (information or ideas).

"I don't want to say too much"

(of a clock or watch) indicate (a specified time).

"the clock says ten past two"

synonyms: indicate, show, read More

be asserted or reported (often used to avoid committing the speaker or writer to the truth of the assertion).

"they were said to be training freedom fighters"

present a consideration in favor of or excusing (someone or something).

"all I can say for him is that he's a better writer than some"

utter the whole of (a speech or other set of words, typically one learned in advance).

"we say the Pledge of Allegiance each morning"

synonyms: recite, repeat, utter, deliver, perform, declaim, orate More

assume something in order to work out what its consequences would be; make a hypothesis.

"let's say we pay five thousand dollars in the first year"

synonyms: suppose, assume, imagine, presume, hypothesize, postulate, posit More

used parenthetically to indicate that something is being suggested as possible or likely but not certain.

"the form might include, say, a dozen questions"

I'm sorry, but that interview makes me smile. 

See! Mr. Proshenko has already started his president company and as a  cunning politician he uses any chance (even the death!) to PR himself.  :sick:

In fact he is the one who plays with those poor  boys on Maydan in Kiev just like puppeteer plays with his puppets and he himself pays for that rebel from behind the scene.

But whole the scenario is written definitely by Satan! X(

just making sure you're OK   .... haven't heard from you in a while

Our special assembly day is coming up on April 19th.  We've heard about he zone overseer change and the district overseer change, as well as the fact that we are no longer having special assembly days but two one-day circuit assemblies a year instead. Are the changes you are talking about other than those?