JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ukraine and how it may affect the US and Europe

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3599 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We get Russian/English News channels through our satellite here in UK, so we could compare the Anglo-USA-Europe perspective contrasted with the Russian perspective. It has been very interesting.

Also, as with much modern strife the evidence shows that there was help from Secret Police/spy organisations to escalate things a certain way at protest rallies.

We had directives lately that if we were out in the Ministry and saw a crowd gathering, to be careful not to find yourself involved in a protest or crowd gathering that could turn to bad ends and be sure to go away in a different direction from it. Aside from our neutrality issues, you don't know who has hijacked even a 'good cause' with a 'rent-a-mob' of trouble-makers that could end up with you being hurt or arrested when you had no real part in it and weren't on any side. 

Thank you for letting us know, I will be specific in my prayers on this. I have hoped that things would calm now with the unification no matter opinions. I hope that everyone can safely observe the memorial together in peace. I think about the people rising up here in the US because of the reference to the clay and iron mixture, many here are getting more and more frustrated with laws changing and such, one day it could get out of control here like abroad so it is always good to know you can cope and continue spiritually. The brothers and sisters there really are examples of faith for us, we send our love and support.

Please keep us updated as you have direct information that isn't tainted as it seems hidden here.

Sister Bridgett I'm sorry it took me to answer, yes it is those changes. I find it interesting the simplification and care society takes towards our needs. Jehovah always looks after us well.

just making sure you're OK   .... haven't heard from you in a while

I'm just fine, thanks!

Our KH is going to be dedicated next week.... Great cleaning tomorrow  :dance:

Oh, yes, Moscow time zone and rubles are already here on the "occupied / annexed territory"   :lol1:

Sister Bridgett I'm sorry it took me to answer, yes it is those changes. I find it interesting the simplification and care society takes towards our needs. Jehovah always looks after us well.

Amen to that!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just fine, thanks!

Our KH is going to be dedicated next week.... Great cleaning tomorrow  :dance:

Oh, yes, Moscow time zone and rubles are already here on the "occupied / annexed territory"   :lol1:

Svetlana I haven't heard from you in a while. In the mean time the news just keeps on coming from your neighborhood. How's it going there?

? ... http://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/taganrog-criminal-case/

Edited by timpin

I heard on NPR tonight that those in Urkraine are saying that this situation is going to be a WW3. I feel so bad for our brothers and sisters there, especially when you consider what Russia is doing to all our friends in that country right now. They are backing the Orthidox church and persecuting and prosicuting our brothers and sisters in Russia besides invading Ukraine.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I'm just fine, thanks!

Our KH is going to be dedicated next week.... Great cleaning tomorrow :dance:

Oh, yes, Moscow time zone and rubles are already here on the "occupied / annexed territory" :lol1:

Svetlana, I have come across some unofficial reports saying that in addition to JWs, Jews & other religious groups are under attack, and/or under ban in that part of the world. Can you shed some light on that?

Also, we think & pray for you. A fortnight has passed & we are concerned. Please keep us posted or we will imagine ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Edited by palmhat

I'm confused :blink: Is Russia trying to take over Ukraine or is Russia trying to protect Kieve and Ukraine from itself? : http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/26/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I know you have to have caution trusting news sources, so what's going on over there? :unsure:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Now they are saying that they will 'push' back, interesting phrases to be using considering whar scriptures say. http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/04/29/360628/us-to-russia-we-defend-nato-territory/

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Annie that is really specific terms to be used alike...makes you think it is becoming more and more clear who this KOTN must be at this time. I appreciate your research and noticed how that it would be a mystery until the actual last days but when when we were actually in those last days it would become clear to us...good job, thank you!!!

I'm confused :blink: Is Russia trying to take over Ukraine or is Russia trying to protect Kieve and Ukraine from itself? : http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/26/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I know you have to have caution trusting news sources, so what's going on over there? :unsure:

Depends on whose propaganda one chooses to believe. Russia claims to want to protect Russian interests, people etc... from hostile outside forces. The West, however, sees this a empire building and Russia wanting to reclaim lands of the former Soviet union.

I saw a news report here in the US where they took pictures of the the Russian military men, then they used them to compare to the protestors in Crimea and they were the same men, then they did the same thing with the pictures of men in areas protesting in Ukraine and again the same men which were military from Russia...but who knows for sure. My family had a saying, an excuse is an excuse, is an excuse....I don't think it matters the reason why at this point because the governments have an agenda and it fits bible prophecy so we get to watch them pushing back and forth until the conclusion according to Daniel's prophecy, if this is the KOTN.

Our special assembly day is coming up on April 19th.  We've heard about he zone overseer change and the district overseer change, as well as the fact that we are no longer having special assembly days but two one-day circuit assemblies a year instead. Are the changes you are talking about other than those?

Our special assembly day is coming up on April 19th.  We've heard about he zone overseer change and the district overseer change, as well as the fact that we are no longer having special assembly days but two one-day circuit assemblies a year instead. Are the changes you are talking about other than those?

My sibling says the change to the assembly day(s) is due to the number of new congregations. Expense for renting facilites, easier on the budget, for the Society and those who attend.

Have you noticed the RBC goings on? The brothers in our congregation seem to have a lot on their plate in the past year. Some of the jobs are refurbishing KH's, which present Jehovah to the world. Must be top notch.

Depends on whose propaganda one chooses to believe. Russia claims to want to protect Russian interests, people etc... from hostile outside forces. The West, however, sees this a empire building and Russia wanting to reclaim lands of the former Soviet union.

You hit the right word and that is propaganda. We need to be aware of false propaganda on all sides. And we must be aware the Anglo-American power is the false prophet in Revelation 16:13.

Question as to how you have concluded that this is propaganda? Thanks for an explanation on this feeling.

Jehovah's purpose doesn't include land borders, warring kingdoms, oppressive rulers, or anything else going on with this conflict, so the real propaganda here is against Jehovah's principles. And unfortunately, Satan is very very effective at using this sort of propaganda to make people feel not only sympathetic toward whichever group of murderers is supported by the local news outlet, but he even convinces people to feel joy about the murders themselves.

Sound odd? Consider the political and emotional aftermath of other recent conflicts. In one case, the ruler of a country was said to be torturing people, manufacturing weapons to use against others, and actively resisting the warnings of other nations to back down. Of course none of us would cheer for an assassination of the ruler and his officials, we (and practically everyone else in the world) would rightly call that murder. But what if the ruler and officials were eventually killed in a military action that took many years, killed over a hundred thousand civilians, let some government officials go free for years, and was referred to by the media as "bringing freedom to the people". Does that still sound like murder, or would we fall into the trap of calling it "justice", despite only knowing the story of the winning side? Sadly, some witnesses have done exactly that, not realizing that our Christian neutrality isn't limited to the voting booth.

There's three sides to every war. On the one side, the attackers are claimed to be "liberators" against an oppressive regime. On the other side, the oppressive rulers and any coming to their aid are claimed to be "defending against a hostile invasion". And in the middle, you have lots of families with dead friends and relatives who just want everyone else to shut up and go home. And since our brothers and sisters are also suffering due to this conflict, I'm siding with the middle, not with whichever of Satan's princes seems more likely to win.

Svetlana I haven't heard from you in a while. In the mean time the news just keeps on coming from your neighborhood. How's it going there?

Thanks, dear Brother! All is going fine in Crimea and Sevastopol. 

I'm still ok, just very busy last time.

I have to finish some building projects at my new apartment .

(I make tiling by myself! Can you imagine? :o )

We do not face any restrictions yet, but I'm worrying about .our brothers and sisters in Ukraine, especially in Mariupol. There is a real civil war goes down there...

Dedication program of our KH was very interesting and  heart-touching.

post-1117-0-23678100-1399663187_thumb.jppost-1117-0-45544800-1399663263_thumb.jppost-1117-0-87224000-1399663385_thumb.jp

post-1117-0-26178200-1399663565.jpg 

Svetlana, I have come across some unofficial reports saying that in addition to JWs, Jews & other religious groups are under attack, and/or under ban in that part of the world. Can you shed some light on that? Also, we think & pray for you. A fortnight has passed & we are concerned. Please keep us posted or we will imagine ... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what happens with Ukrainian brothers now, but as to us, Crimean Russians :blink: , we do not have even a smell of ban or something like this. We are still preaching and some times even have some respond LOL 

We have peace here, rising salaries (and  prices LOL), just so called NORMAL life. 

Ukrainian and European  "rulers" are still trying to make our life like in the occupied territory, but it doesn't touch people here, really. We still have water, electricity, food  etc. despite on Ukrainian blockade.

Just usual normal life...

But I'm really sorry for or brothers in Ukraine.... May Jehovah help them  

Civil war is an awful perspective.....  :nope:

Svetlana, I am happy to hear that everythingi is ok in Crimea. And you are right, we need to pray for our Brothers is Ukraine.

Just one question... Am I seeing right? You had a dancing party for the dedication of your KH?!

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Am I seeing right? You had a dancing party for the dedication of your KH?!

Yes, Daniela, we had dancing, singing and also eating  :) party after the dedication program. 

Brothers rented a special place for that. :) 

Sisters say that all went just great.