JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Helping My Secretary out at the end of the month

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3648 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I always feel so bad for my secretary at the end of each month. Gathering and collecting the record of our field service time must be redundant. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that I could pass along to help him out. I had the idea to place a white board sign at the exit/entrance of the KH with a box for the slips. SO what  great ideas do you have?

I always feel so bad for my secretary at the end of each month. Gathering and collecting the record of our field service time must be redundant. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that I could pass along to help him out. I had the idea to place a white board sign at the exit/entrance of the KH with a box for the slips. SO what great ideas do you have?

We have a box for the slips near the contribution box but after the end of the month the secretary always goes looking for the forgetful ones ;)

Anyway I think it does help a lot

Same with us. Our Group Service Overseer collects them from all in his service group.  Most don't even use the slips now.  Our elders like for us to email or text our service info for the month to them.

Edited by ava

We turn in at the Hall in a slot in the counter near the contribution slots under the information board. If we miss or prefer, we can email the report to the secretary. If we forget, he will text a reminder and we can text or email it to him.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The problem might also be that the friends forget to bring their information/numbers with them to the Kingdom Hall.

Maybe one person in each service group could text message or email everyone else in that group a reminder at the end of the month to remember to fill out their reports at the next meeting. That way they could look up the information and put it in the meeting bag and won't forget it...

Actually, our Secretary would rather we email the report - he sometimes loses the paper ones.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yea. At least email you can always check your inbox if it's saved. A secretary in a neighboring congregation has an email address solely for the purpose of emailing there report. I think that's convenient.

All reports done by email here .....group overseers collect from group enter data on a special program and shoot it off to Secretary .....easy peasy ! No fuss no muss !

What special program?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am sure your secretary would appreciate any offers of help but don't. forget it is the responsibility of the group overseers to ensure all in the group have reported. This enables them to regularly consider the spiritual health of each of the sheep in their care. I'm not saying there is no avenue to support your brothers just that the responsibilities have been drawn up by the society and there is a deeper purpose behind the group overseers' responsibilities than simply collating the report.

What special program?

It's a special spreadsheet with all publishers on it ....Br puts in time/placements etc and shoots it off to the secretary. I

Will ask my hubby where he got it and what it's called . Maybe one of the Br here knows what it's called .

Our secretary is computer literate and uses email etc all the time. He asks specifically that we put reports in the box at the hall on paper slips rather than email them. If someone forgets etc, then they can phone the report to him.

At my old hall a couple young brothers (6-7years old) would always hold the door when everyone came in and would hand you a time slip of course you could say yes or no but it was a good reminder

Noel

• 1 month later...

I am the secretary in our congregation. I welcome email reports.

I email a list of those not yet reporting  to the Service Group Overseers usually three times after the first of the month.

I do not personally chase down missing reports in any group except mine.

Biggest problem is when a brother or sister says they turned it in a report. I tell them "I didn't say you didn't turn it in, just I don't have it. Sometimes I will find two slips stuck (My bad) together. I make it a point of apologizing to the pub.

We have a few publishers that will be on the missing report list 2 to 3 times and still no report. Same one every month.

Another thing that makes me feel small is I get told by the pub or group overseer that they did not get any time this month period, then when the CO comes around and they get questioned again all of a sudden they remember they had time that month.

On the flip side I make MANY mistakes and both the publishers and the CO over look them and I am very thankful.   :uhhuh: 

Jerry

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.