JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

SISTERS: - That time of the month. How do you manage to keep you Christian personality?

I think I am running crazy.

But for starters I sure hope the brothers can understand us , help us improve or happily skip reading this.

I have realised that I am a total differrent and in mess during time X. The moon is high and am either easily upset or totally depressed. I then keep asking myself "Why am I feeling like this?" Its only afterwards that I link the dots. By then I have overeacted or undereacted to situations.

I cant help but wonder how the married ones pull this one off. Sisters do you experience the same and what do you do to help self or others?

post-470-140453494155_thumb.jpg

During that time when I had my period, I got terrible migraines, since then I discovered that I am terribly magnesium deficient. Also I am B 12 deficient, so maybe those as well as some other things are why we have so many problems during that time of the month.

Men just can't understand what we go through and when they make negative comments about our change in personalities it causes a killer hormone to take over our bodies and we become unable to cope with them. I think Grumpy hid out during that time.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

My two cents on this delicate subject :) LOL I never had an ounce of trouble my whole life UNTILL I hit peri menopause ( started young 43) then I turned into a crazy women !! We all laugh about it now but it was no laughing matter at the time ! Anger in the worst possible way .......threw shoes out the door once with such strength they landed in a tree near by ! Why you ask well they were not left in a neat row by the front door of course! I went wild!

I could actually write a book on some of my escapades . Thankfully I have a great husband with patience and a wonderful sense of humor. One time he came home from work and tied his white shirt to a broom and waved it in the door before he entered ( PEACE) LOL ........ Finally I sought help with the naturopath . Homeopathic calmed me down immensely and I got the anger managed so I was much better to live with and able to cope! Annie is right Primrose is an excellent one as well.

We SISTA'S have too stick together !

My two cents on this delicate subject :) LOL I never had an ounce of trouble my whole life UNTILL I hit peri menopause ( started young 43) then I turned into a crazy women !! We all laugh about it now but it was no laughing matter at the time ! Anger in the worst possible way .......threw shoes out the door once with such strength they landed in a tree near by ! Why you ask well they were not left in a neat row by the front door of course! I went wild!

I could actually write a book on some of my escapades . Thankfully I have a great husband with patience and a wonderful sense of humor. One time he came home from work and tied his white shirt to a broom and waved it in the door before he entered ( PEACE) LOL ........ Finally I sought help with the naturopath . Homeopathic calmed me down immensely and I got the anger managed so I was much better to live with and able to cope! Annie is right Primrose is an excellent one as well.

Sorry for what you have been through... Me, myself cry a lot before and during period, I assumed I have PMS syndromes...

Agree to stick together.... Hugs...

:bouncing:

I used to take a phytoestrogen, but haven't in a few years because it was hard to get, and expensive to buy.  My husband noticed a huge change around that time of the month, even saying he didn't care the cost because it was worth it to not have to deal with the backlash of that time.

It's the only time of the month we fight.  It's like every little nit picky thing he does is amplified 20x and while most of the time I ignore it, the week before I'd rather be single for eternity that's how bad it is. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens

I'll try the vitamin b complex, I took evening primrose for breast tenderness predominantly.

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

I am also in peri-menopause, and it is absolutely brutal.  I also have a 17 yr old daughter, so between her and I, the emotions can get pretty crazy around my house.

I have been working on this for about a year now, and I have found that eating healthier and getting daily exercise is definitely helping me.  I have also learned that I just can't do what I use to do, and I have accepted that.  I am learning that I have to sometimes say "no", and I have to listen to my body.  When my body says "rest", I rest.  I use to handle so much at one time, now I am readjusting my thinking and doing what I am able to do.

I too have a wonderful and patient husband who has been helping me alot as well.  He will sometimes remind me "Ava, take a break, you are doing too much and you need to rest".  Of course there are times where my daughter and I are snapping at each other like crazy and my husband and 16 yr old son take off for Home Depot or something, lol.  

Also, most of my really good friends at the cong are my age, married, have kids, and we are all going through this together.  So we have girl's night's where we leave the kids at home with the hubbys and we get together and talk and cry and just try to help each other out.

It's incredibly hard being a woman.  My emotions right now are so high at times, and then so low at other times.  There are days I need to run and hide from the world, just so I can get myself under control.  

I look forward to the day when this is all gone, as I know all my sisters here do as well.

I so relate to this!!!!!

Your husband sounds alot like mine, love the waving the white shirt, lol.  I could see my husband doing that.

...   give me a break will ya, did i really just say that!

c'mon   ...   B complex, primrose oil, phytoestrogen   ...    Flying shoes - R U 4 Real!   .... i thought we were done with Leviticus 15.

Edited by timpin

But they are BIG on last words! :>)

It is so easy for us guys to be insensitive, even rude, crude and a no it all, without even trying thinking we are funny. Better to know when to keep ones mouth shut than to make an ass of ones self.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Lynn said the "a" word! (hehe!)

By the way no one mentioned the obvious solution used through the decades to help woman cope with PMS and menopause: drugs and alchohol. I usually give both to my husband and he has no problem with anything I do or say after that!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D